doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jim Legg Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 03:59 PM
I have enjoyed each of you all over the world, even Memphis. Jim

My father Jame Lewis Legg died with a smile on his face June 1, 2011. He wanted you all to know how much he valued your knowledge and friendship. Kathy Paul
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:05 PM
Very sorry to hear of Jim's passing.

Thanks for telling us, Kathy.

Jim was a lively contributor here and will be missed by all.
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:10 PM
My God...Although I never had the pleasure to meet him face to face, his words never failed to impress upon the reader that they came from a true gentleman. Your father will be missed here. May he rest in peace.

My sympathy goes out to you and the rest of the family of this fine man.
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:18 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I learned allot from Jim. I had no idea he was not well. My thoughts go out to all his family and friends.
Posted By: GJZ Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:32 PM
I'm saddened by the news. My deepest sympathy to his family.
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:35 PM
Thinking of your family at this time of loss.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:58 PM
Your father was a good man. My prayers are with you and your entire family.

Regards,

Pete
Posted By: SKB Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 04:59 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Posted By: Ballistix999 Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:05 PM
V sorry to hear of the loss too.

Regards,
Tony
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:08 PM
I am truly sorry to hear of his passing.
May God Bless his Heart.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:17 PM
Jim always replied to me with a kind and often humorous word. I repected him for that. A pray for comfort for you and your family.

Ken Nelson
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:27 PM
Kathy,
Thank you for alerting the board to Jim's passing. Jim was a great asset to the board and a good friend to many here. He will be missed. My prayers to you and your family.
Steve
Posted By: George L. Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:50 PM
Kathy, Jim's humor and insight will be sorely missed here. Our payers and thoughts are with you. GOD BLESS!

George
Posted By: skeettx Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:50 PM
Kathy
I am very sorry to hear of your loss and our loss.
Jim will be sorely missed. He was part and parcel of our web family.
I am praying for comfort for your family.
Mike
Posted By: PA24 Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:50 PM
Went shooting with your father a few times, sorry to hear of his passing, may God bless you and yours Kathy....Ashcreek Drive will not be the same.....

My Sympathy to your entire family.....

Posted By: L. Brown Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:53 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Jim was a long-time and very valued contributor here.
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 05:57 PM
Kathy,

So very sorry for your loss and ours. Always enjoyed Jim's straight forward manner and intolerance for fools. Shot with him a couple times at the Western Nationals and received good instruction about muzzleloading shotguns. Good man.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 06:27 PM
I will always remember Jim! Prayers sent for the family. Bobby
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 06:37 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Jim was a great guy and we are the poorer for his passing.

God bless you and your entire family in this time of your sorrow.
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 07:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PA24
Went shooting with your father a few times, sorry to hear of his passing, may God bless you and yours Kathy....Ashcreek Drive will not be the same.....

My Sympathy to your entire family.....

My wife and I had dinner with Jim and his lovely bride and I shot clays with him a few times and exchanged many notes over the years.

I am saddened to log in here after many months to post in this thread.

Rest in peace Jim!
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 07:44 PM
I am very sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I assure you that its a loss to us also. Best wishes to the family...Geo
Posted By: gunut Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear of Jims passing....always enjoyed his posts...he will be missed....
Posted By: pj moran Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:00 PM
My condolences to your family. I spoke with Jim several times via phone during a gun deal ( i bought!!). Always a gentleman.
Posted By: JayCee Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:03 PM
Hello Kathy,

This has come as a very, very sad surprise.

Although I never met your father I considered him a true friend. I shall miss him dearly.

Adios Jaime Piernaa!

JC from Chile
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:07 PM
My condolences to you Kathy and the rest of the family. As noted, he was always willing to help out and will be greatly missed.
May God bless him.
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:18 PM
Best wishes for your family, and Godspeed, Jim.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:21 PM
I'm sad to hear of Jim's passing.

We agreed and disagreed over many issues over the years and Jim was always a man of strong views and was happy to share them.

We are diminished without his contributions. Please accept my condolences.
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:22 PM
So sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed reading Jim's posts here. We were fortunate to have been able to have shared some time with him.
Posted By: TwiceBarrel Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:50 PM
Kathy your Father was a fine gentleman. He will be missed by many.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 08:54 PM
Kathy,
I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing. I had the pleasure of meeting and shooting with your father on several occasions in Utah, Las Vegas and here in southern California. He was always helpful and had an encouraging word for me when I saw him. I miss the ol guy already.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Chuck Heald
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 09:16 PM
Very sorry to hear of your father's passing. He was a wonderful resource. My condolences to you and your family.
Posted By: Chris Schotz Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 09:30 PM
I met Jim at the Las Vegas Gun show a few years ago. We talked quite a bit over two days. It was fun and I enjoyed his company. My deepest condolences.
Chris
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Legg
I have enjoyed each of you all over the world, even Memphis. Jim

My father Jame Lewis Legg died with a smile on his face June 1, 2011. He wanted you all to know how much he valued your knowledge and friendship. Kathy Paul

Sorry to hear.
Memphis jOe
Posted By: rabbit Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 09:56 PM
Your father taught me to reload on the old Shotgun Sports board and I eventually bought one of his treasured Lefever doubles. He could and would hold up his end in an argument. I'm glad he left on a smile.

jack
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 10:24 PM
I never met him. We exchanged both pleasantries and unpleasantries on this board. I invited him out to shoot roosters with me, we never got er done. You are a lucky person to have had a Dad like that....God Bless...
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 10:27 PM
Kathy;
So sorry to hear this. I regret I never had the opportunity to meet Jim except through the BBS here. Jim & I agreed on most points except I don't dissconnet my auto-safeties. We agreed to dis-agree on that point. He was a very knowledgable shooter & will be sorely missed by all. From what I know of him here I am certain he was an outstanding family Man

I wish the best to all his friends & family in this time of sorrow. As others have said thanks so much for informing us of your loss.
Miller Fulks.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 10:37 PM
Met Jim at the Vegas show many years ago. Always the gentleman and he will be sorely missed on this board. Adios, Jim!
Posted By: King Brown Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 11:08 PM
In a time of celebrity eclipsing personality everywhere, and no-nothings and half-wits on everyone's lips, Jim Legg was a man I paid attention to on this board. One doesn't spend years here to know of the substance of members. Jim lived to a high standard of human values.
Posted By: suddenthunder Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 11:27 PM
I had the pleasure to shoot with Jim a few months ago at our local range before I moved to south Dakota . He was a pure gentleman and one heck of a good shot. Jim's knowledge will be missed . Gods speed Jim .
Posted By: CJ Dawe Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 11:43 PM
My sincere condolence ...I wish your family peace and strength .

Chris
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 11:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, too. I will miss him.

My condolences to you and your family.

Gregg
Posted By: luckydog Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 11:55 PM
It's been a long time since I logged on here. I heard about Jim's passing, and had to come on and express my condolences.
I used to shoot skeet with him occasionally. We did a little horse trading here and there. He knew I collected Parkers, so he sold me an old bench vise made by Parker. (still have it somewhere)
He usually shot skeet with a Black Diamond M-97 Winchester, or if not that, something else at least as unique. He was a pretty fair skeet shot.
It’s sad to hear of his passing.
I have had some tragedy strike my home as well. Back in October of 2009 I lost my only son in an auto accident. I haven't been hanging out as much on the net, or doing much of anything since.
Posted By: chopperlump Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/02/11 11:56 PM
I too, will miss Jim. His opinions always made good sense. God bless him and his family. Chopperlump
Posted By: David Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 12:23 AM
Kathy, I saw your post first thing after you posted it. I have pondered what to say all day. I posted the sad news over on the notssmbbs forum so others over there who don't get here often would know. I remember Jim as an active and honest voice on this board from my first day here. Although we never met, I always enjoyed his posts. He helped me when I first started loading roll crimped shells cut to 2 1/2". We exchanged private messages and emails. I am very sorry to hear of his death. We have lost some great friends and a huge volume of knowledge over the last few years. I am sorry for your loss. God bless your family.

Warm regards,
David
Posted By: jmc Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 12:23 AM
Kathy - I think your father knew he had fostered many genuine friendships in this rather small community of like-minded folks who are among the finest sort America and our friends around the world breeds. I suspect that is why he left you with his wish to say good bye to us. Like many of us who never met your father, we all gained much from knowing him here and I know I listened closely when he chimed in. I'm very sorry to hear of his passing but, very glad you are able to see how much he was respected and will be missed his friends and acquaintances in the double gun and sporting world.

My condolences...Jerry
Posted By: dogon Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 12:31 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him in person, but felt like he was a friend from getting to know him here.

His contributions will be missed greatly!!

God Speed,

Paul
Posted By: tw Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 12:31 AM
Kathy,

Somehow it is very easy for me to imagine your dad's passing w/a smile on his face. I enjoyed many conversations w/him over the years; some on the phone, others via emails. He always had the capability to make me smile with his word choice & phraseology & I frequently laughed with him. His passing leaves all here diminished. You are a kind reflection on the type of quality person we found your father to be by letting us know of his departure. He will be missed. God bless.

tw
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 12:34 AM
Your father's was a very distinctive, respected voice here. It's not as lively without him.

Jay
Posted By: Buzz Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 12:58 AM
I know nothing of Jim but I can imagine that from the content of all these remarks, Jim was well worth knowing. I wish I could have met him. Buzz
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 01:08 AM
Thank you so much for notifying us all of Jim's passing, Kathy. My prayers are for you and your family in this time of loss.

What a great testimony you gave us, that he left this life with a smile on his face. May we all be so blessed.

Stan
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 01:27 AM
R.I.P. Jim. My sincerest condolences to the family. I never met Jim, but I enjoyed reading what he had to say over the years. He had a fire in his belly and didn't suffer fools, admirable traits in my eyes. Take care Jim.

Dustin
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 02:09 AM
I enjoyed Jim's post and his willingness to share information with others on this board. He will be missed. We will remember him and his family in our prayers.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 03:04 AM
I remember enough about Jim Legg to know he was my kind of guy. He will be missed by many. Godspeed sir.
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 03:17 AM
Todd,
I had not heard of your loss; very hard to hear this. May you somehow, someway find a small shred of peace from your tragedy. My heart aches for you and I pray for you and your struggle. Hold strong my friend.
JR
Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 05:03 AM
Kathy,

My condolences to you and your family.

Your dad worked for well over a year getting a client and myself together on something that I just had to have. He went above and beyond the call and I appreciated him for what he did.

Michael Petrov / Alaska

Posted By: DES/TSD Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 05:09 AM
Jim will always be remembered as a gentleman of honor in my book.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 05:15 AM
Jim was his own man, I didn't always agree with what he said but he sure made saying it interesting. I had hoped to meet him one day, he will be missed.

My condolences to you and all of Jims family.

Rob
Posted By: Gerald A. Mele Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 05:30 AM
I am sorry to hear that Jim is gone. I once bought a gun from Jim. After that more than once I called him for advice about black powder shooting and loads. He always treated me and my questions with kindness. In my last communication with him I could sense something wasn't right, but he never let on that he was sick.

I will miss being able to turn to him for advice. God bless you and your family.

Respectfully

Gerald "Jerry" Mele
Posted By: Doug Mann Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 01:50 PM
Kathy,

I would like to add my condolences to you and your family. I always enjoyed he posts.

Doug Mann
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 02:00 PM
Originally Posted By: luckydog

I have had some tragedy strike my home as well. Back in October of 2009 I lost my only son in an auto accident. I haven't been hanging out as much on the net, or doing much of anything since.

Todd,

I sent you a PM.

Fin
Posted By: 2holer Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 02:11 PM
I don't mean this frivolously, but I think we can all agree; he was a Jem. God bless you and the family.
Posted By: PFD Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 03:16 PM
Terribly sorry to hear this. My condolences.
Posted By: gjw Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 04:11 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of Jims passing, he was a great guy who gave wonderful advise and was so helpful with many questions. He will be missed.

Our prayers go out to his family in this time of saddness and Jim will be in our prayers.

Greg
Posted By: Lee the First Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 04:25 PM
Kathy, you would be amazed and humbled if you had the least idea of the august hall of fame your father has joined! It seems we just keep sending them over to the other side. Our hearts are with you in your loss. Lee
Posted By: tunes Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 05:51 PM
Kathy,
I'm sorry for your loss.

Rudy
Posted By: RMC Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/03/11 10:19 PM
Kathy, I'm another faceless name on this board. Always would open a posting with your dad's name. Knew something was up and knew it was going to be interesting. Always a gentleman. He will be missed. Prayers are with you and your family. Randy
Posted By: Brian Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/04/11 02:40 AM
rest in peace Jim
Posted By: JohnM Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/05/11 03:33 AM
Dear Kathy,

Your Dad was a substantial and well-respected member here. The tributes and condolences are good evidence that he will be missed in this fellowship. I trust that there is a campfire of kindred spirits, waiting to welcome a new member to The Eternal Fellowship of Double-gunners.

And..a smile back to you, Jim. ;~`)
Posted By: GETTEMANS Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/06/11 08:34 AM
I will always remember Jim, he sold me 2 Lefevers, so when I shoot or handle them I gona think about him.
My condolences to your family from his friend in Belgium.
Marc.
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/06/11 02:56 PM
Dear Kathy,

What distressing news about a fine man. Please accept my sincere condolences.

With deepest sympathy,
Tim
Posted By: Geno Re: Love from Jim Legg - 06/06/11 10:49 PM
Jim, forgive us all and pray for us.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com