doublegunshop.com - home
Hi guys, this was a mammoth task this one. Barrels needed signicant work and I nearly threw it away! My goodness I'm happy I didn't. It's now re-proofed from Birmingham in 2011 and is ready to fire. I'm going to have a go and then see if Marie likes shooting it. I'm chuffed with the way it came out after how it looked when I first got it!

Here's a reminder of the stock and botched checkering before we got to work on it;

The Finished Project

Lots of additional pictures on the blog.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Clarke 20 Bore - Project Complete (Pics) - 07/25/11 07:29 PM
Beautiful Job.....Beautiful Gun......I especially like the blacking and the CCH...... grin.......many cheers,

Posted By: skeettx Re: Clarke 20 Bore - Project Complete (Pics) - 07/25/11 07:37 PM
Great Guga Muga !!!!
Sweet, thanks for showing us this treasure
Mike
Very nice. Indeed. The quality of the work shines thru. Beautiful piece to take out in the field.
Posted By: Jack K Re: Clarke 20 Bore - Project Complete (Pics) - 07/25/11 07:53 PM
All I can say is "WOW"! The hours input is very much justified. That is very nice work indeed.

Jack K
that's a head turner. Gorgeous stick of wood on that gun. Can imagine what a stock blank that nice would cost today?
Well Done! And to think....
What can I add! Awesome!
Posted By: RMC Re: Clarke 20 Bore - Project Complete (Pics) - 07/26/11 12:52 AM
WOW, Tony, Ya done good.. Randy
Posted By: Buzz Re: Clarke 20 Bore - Project Complete (Pics) - 07/26/11 01:10 AM
Tony: That is a beautiful gun and you did a fabulous job of restoration! Is Marie your wife? She should really like that gun. I am assuming length of pull is appropriate for your wife? If it had 14 1/2 inch LOP I would love to shoot it having never shot a hammer gun. Tony, after reading your threads and posts I am wondering if you didn't miss you calling as it appears to me you would have made a fine Gunmaker!! You certainly have the passion to have been a Woodward or a Purdey. I'm glad you are doing well after your surgery. Take care, Buzz
I'm chuffed too. Great job.
VERY NICE JOB, AS ALWAYS. I am glad your back doing what you do best. keep them coming. It seems to be good medicine for you. Thanks, Frank
Many thanks for the comments. Buzz that's a really nice thing to say I'm honoured that you think I'm up to that sort of challenge. My problem being I take way too long to do each restoration I suspect. smile

T
Posted By: craigd Re: Clarke 20 Bore - Project Complete (Pics) - 07/26/11 06:06 AM
Great to see the bit and pieces from your case hardening thread come together in a fine package.

Thanks for showing it, Craig
Tony, as always a beautiful job. A 20 ga. hammer gun, what could be nicer than that. Alright a .410 hammer gun.
Thanks guys. I'm casing it tomorrow (finally finished the case) and will post new photos. No label sadly....
Tony,
I can't believe you finished it already! Absolutely fantastic job. They say that everyone is really good at something....I think you found your "something".I sure wish I could have you work on some of my old beaters; you'd have them looking spectacular in no time.

Phil
Thanks Phil, appreciate the comment. smile

Well if we can find a way to ship things to and fro I'm up for it...I might be at the Vintagers this year and might find a friend that could shove anything in a shipment back...

Cheers

T
Very very nice! Really admire your skills. Thanks for the pictures.
I've just shot some clays with it and it's brilliant to shoot! Love it!. Will post box pictures tomorrow box isnt quite finished yet.
Cheers
T
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com