doublegunshop.com - home
Two 12ga guns in excellent condition Beretta S57E 28" 3/4-Full and Winchester 'Featherweight' Model 12 28" 3/4 choke. The Beretta has better wood, quality engraving, two chokes and two triggers but quickness of handling, weight advantage, firepower and substantially lower price makes Winchester very appealing. Your thoughts......
What do you want it for? Primary game gun? Walked up? If it's a utility or walk up I'd go for the Winchester
T
It depends on what type of hunting you're going to do.
Mainly for rough shooting ducks, squirrels, rabbits,......crows occasional pheasant and home defense.
model 12 it is!
I'd pick the Beretta over the bumper jack...
Posted By: GLS Re: Please help me decide on which to buy...... - 09/28/11 10:41 PM
I had a Featherweight M12 and got rid of it after a couple of seasons. I didn't care for it as much as my M37s and regular M12s although it functioned fine. For whatever reason, the gun wasn't a big seller for Winchester and wasn't in production long which ended a couple of years before 1964. I'd be concerned about shooting steel out of it. At one time the market was not very good for them compared with the regular pre '64 M12s; I don't know if that has changed. On the plus side, there weren't that many made; I haven't seen one in years. If the price is right and you are looking for a rough shooter, you could do a lot worse. It is pre '64 Winchester made quality.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com