doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Craig Larter Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/10/11 09:27 PM
OK guys let's see pictures of your favorite vintage SxS duck gun!
Here is mine. Super Fox HE/CE

Here's a regular one:

OWD
Posted By: Researcher Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/10/11 10:17 PM
I'll jump in with another Super-Fox --

I'll add a Fox SP in 20 gauge.

What a lovely question!

Here's mine. Open chocked classic early turn of the Century Hussey. Shot more ducks with this than Elma Fudd.

T

Posted By: dal Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/10/11 10:59 PM
My one and only sxs duck gun.

1959 Antonio Zoli 16ga.

Don.
Originally Posted By: Ballistix999
What a lovely question!

Here's mine. Open chocked classic early turn of the Century Hussey. Shot more ducks with this than Elma Fudd.

T

Nice gun. I assume Elma is Elmer's wife ?? LOL
No, I guess I got the speeling wrong. I'm thinking of the bold fella that always used to try and shoot bugs bunny...or did I get that wrong too? :S

Thanks, I love this little gun. smile
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/10/11 11:24 PM
Here's mine an 1881,32" 10 ga. W&C Scott Premier hammer gun.

(If Digweed had her he'd probably break a clay at 200 yards. wink )
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/10/11 11:31 PM
Nice guns, guys! Don, I like your AZ 16 a lot, even in this "fast company"! Under-rated SxSs, for sure.
Splendid Joe, just splendid!

Only one I could find that showed the gun. Parker DHE 34 inch barrels on a #3 frame, factory straight grip.

A duck killer for certain.
Posted By: wburns Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 01:28 AM
Though the pic has a turkey in it. This is my go to vintage gun. Remington 1900 12ga with ejectors.
Posted By: Fishnfowler Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 01:41 AM
1910 00 grade LC Smith 12 gauge:

This darling loves to take ducks with a 1oz load of #5 nice shot.
Posted By: gjw Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 01:46 AM
Hi all, I have three guns that I use for ducks, a Merkel 147E in 12ga, a Bernadelli Italia Hammergun in 12ga and a Samuel B. Allport 12b Hammergun.

I only have a pic of the Allport at this time. Here she is with a limit of ducks from this season:

Do geese count? Early goose season was good to me. Radar seemed to enjoy posing for these photos!
I have been trying out my collection to decide on a favorite.

Super Fox HE 32" restored by Brad Bachelder

Parker DH 12 gauge 34" Damascus

Parker Grade 3 Damascus 10 gauge 32"
MarketHunter. Hat off to you. How you should so many with no cover in a desert is brilliant. Oh wait, is this the only water for 500 miles? Maybe that's why... smile
T
Not the double I have killed the most ducks with, but my favorite nonetheless. My 3" chambered 32"barreled HE Super Fox.

...and, my favorite view of her.

SRH
Posted By: Buzz Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 11:53 AM
jOe: That Scott is pretty cool!! Is that the same gun you shoot those gobs of Eastern Turkeys with? How does your little dog (pretty cool dog BTW) function for turkey hunting and do you use the dog for ducks too?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 01:31 PM
I use it some...at 10.5 lbs the 10 ga. gets kinda heavy.

Buster loves the water but I've never used him for ducks. The duck hunting I do is by invite and they always have dogs.

Buster scent trails, finds and flushes the turkeys barking like a mad man. If you happen to be close you can get a wing shot if not you have to go to the break site and call them in. I think I shot about 3 last fall on the wing. (Google "Buster the turkey dog")
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 01:38 PM
My golden flushed a few turkeys, it's pretty impressive, reminds of a B-52 taking off. The first one she flushed was so slow and close I could have easily shot it with a rifle. All her flushes happened in Illinois during the spring when we were out for morning walks.
Steve
Posted By: Stallones Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 03:01 PM
THis is at Port Aransas, Tx, with my Cashmore 12 ga Hammergun.
Notice that neat leather Duck holder my friend gave me.
[img:left][/img]
Posted By: tunes Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 03:50 PM
Man, that is a nice looking mess of ducks, all Redheads??
I had a fun time fishing down in Port Aransas a few years ago for Trout & Reds

tunes
Posted By: Stallones Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 04:00 PM
Yep, Redheads were about all that we saw except for a few Pintails. Beautiful country!
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

worth about a hundred fifty bucks as a wall hanger
Posted By: Gary D. Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 06:24 PM

The gun that makes the geese shiver with fright on the Eastern Shore. 1924-vintage L.C.Smith Ideal Grade 3" Longrange gun.

I'll see if I can get my favorite to post-fotos here for HoJo-- OK, I give up- can someone please tell me how to post fotos on this site? Thanks- RWTF
Francis,

Upload your photos to a free photo sharing site like photobucket.com

Then copy the image code (IMG) and paste into your reply.

Mark
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 08:38 PM
Originally Posted By: SDH-MT
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

worth about a hundred fifty bucks as a wall hanger

Is that cash or check ?

Posted By: GLS Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 08:47 PM
RWTF, I find that www.Hunt101.com is an easy site for uploading photos. Once you upload your photos from your computer, follow the menu. When you finish the process, click on the photo and below the enlarged photo you will see choices of photo sizes. Click left side of mouse on photo url displayed in choices to highlight the size you want (medium for here), then right click and copy. Paste this in your forum reply box by right clicking and selecting paste. Preview to make sure it's there. Hunt101 automatically inserts [img] amd [/img] before and after the jpeg url.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/11/11 11:05 PM
For ducks, geese..... and other game where I use buckshot or slugs, like coyotes etc.....I turn to my trusty Beretta S685'S that I bought new in the early 80's in Europe.....a 12 and a 20 ga. non-ejector with chrome lined bores, both choked M/F......I've shot thousands and thousands of rounds through these guns without a glitch ever.....Beretta's quality is above reproach IMO.....including some foreign country high volume wing shooting............just love 'em and will pass them on to my sons........

SHOT A LARGE NUMBER OF DUCKS WITH THIS OLD 12/30" GUN OVER THE YEARS ....

Cheers,
Thanks- will give it a shot- Mark- shoulda known a brother Gyrene would 'come through' very few guys i know take the quality fotos you do--Out-standing!!!
1893 Parker NH 10ga 32", 10lb 5oz. It's good on crows too, I have shot over 1000 rounds of 1 1/4 ounce #6 reloads at crows since August 2010.

Last Fall

Barrels refinished by Brad Bachelder this past spring

Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/12/11 12:10 AM
Here's my serious duck buster. Parker DH 10 gauge with 30" 3-iron damascus tubes. Little over 9 pounds on a #3 frame, made in 1910. Ounce and a quarter of bismuth is great!

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/12/11 01:38 AM
That Parker could even turn my head whistle

I'll give you $150 for it if that Steven Dodd Hughes fellow buys my Scott ?
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/12/11 02:07 AM
Now jOe thats the best offer I've had fer muh shootin' iron since one-eyed Amarillo Mike offered his whole kennel of turd hounds fer it. Wait'll you see my old brown dollar grade hammer Parker 10 with 28" pipes. Now that's a real pheasant stomper. We gonna have big time wif it 'n yer Scotty. Wipe noses, yesiree......
Mark- Semper Fi- I hit a negative trying to get hooked up with the www.Hunt101.com, so I tried the Photobucket and was able to pull up two fotos of my Ithaca NIG 10 bore hammer gun. But I didn't know what kind of paste you meant (library- Elmer's- Gorilla Glue) and as Craig Larter is the "Founder of this Feast" I sent the two fotos to his e-mail at clarter@rochester.rr.com (and my log in name on photobucket is Lufton Pittman. So, if he knows how to do the pasting, perhaps he'll do this for me.

Isn't he the "Head Fred" at the Fox Collectors Assn.? Nice CE/HE, although the Parkers have a simpler system- just CHE and save a letter- pretty great-I do have one Fox double, a 20 Sterlingworth with DT and ejectors made in Utica NY about 1935-- I bought it hoping we would get a legal dove season here in MI- 28" barrels choked M & F- but the dove season never quite made it- so the old- "hope in one hand and crap in the other" wisdom done prevailed.

I use RST 2 &7/8 Nice-nicely shot loads in this cannon- hammers the living daylights outta the Canadas over dekes- like you, I also had a great early season- and the regular one that opened this past Sat. has also been good- until mid-morning- then it's clean the birds, the gun, shower, have lunch and go play golf--life ain't all that bad, hey??
Our waterfowl season opened this weekend and our wintering population of Snow geese are starting to pour in. Looks like they had a good nesting with quite a few juveniles.The weapon of choice this weekend was a J.& W. Tolley 12 ga. 3" magnum BLE. The "Altro " model. Definitely does the job if I do mine. The score stands at 18 for two mornings with a rematch tomorrow.

Hey Marine!

Get you head out of your butt! How the heck did you come up with Elmers? I think you need to enlist in the Computer Corps so that a Geek Instructor can purge your mind of slimey civilian non-computer savy thoughts.

Copy and Paste is a simple two-step word processing task. Right click your coumpter's mouse. Hold the button down as you drag the pointer over the image code to highlight it. Release the right mouse button and click the left mouse button. Select the word "Copy" by clicking the left mouse button. Move the pointer to the forum reply and right click. Select the work "Paste".

Now, smile smile and have a nice day...
I'll play.
We went out my back door and shot these just for this thread.
Mark's Greener

My Remington 1894

I'm pretty satisfied with the New Era 4's. 4 for 4. No recoil, no noise. Have not tested them at range though. I'm conditioned to shooting them close due to steel useage.

I drag out some other waterfowling side by sides and shoot some more geese tomorrow for the site.
Right click- as in windage on a M-1 Garand. Hey, we always start with oru left foot- what gives? Even Gomer Pyle in "FMJ" movie figured that out. Naw- I sent the fotos to Craig Larter, if he can paste, fold and staple them here- so be it. besides, nine times outta ten I shoot a 12 M12- and if you've seen one of them "perfect repeaters" you have seen them all- Lock and Load- Captain!!
Posted By: tunes Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/12/11 03:05 PM
Don't have a favorite. Here are a couple I have been using:
1951 Seeber 16ga and the Beretta Repro Black Powder Over/Under

tunes

Posted By: Gary D. Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/12/11 04:28 PM
Birds taste a little better when killed with a classic double, don't they.
Posted By: Researcher Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/12/11 04:41 PM
No. Ducks taste better when they feed in grain fields and sit on fresh water, and never see salt water!! Nothing better than fat Mallards out of the irrigated grain fields of the Colombia Basin.
I dunno about that. Mallards are fine, but an acorn fattened woodie is tops, IMO.

SRH
Posted By: tunes Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/13/11 08:31 PM
+1 on the Woodies. Some Mallards have left a "fowl" taste in my mouth, never with a Wood Duck.

tunes
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/13/11 11:56 PM
After seeing that pic of "rice breast" on the recipe thread I think I'll pass on duck. sick
This mornings results with the help of the Brothers Tolley.
Posted By: Coryreb Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/14/11 06:55 PM
Favorite picture of the RBL I had. This gun was stolen after shooting at the Nashville Gun Club. This is RBL #3911 in case anyone in the Nashville area sees a straght gripped 12 ga RBL 4x wood.

Posted By: GLS Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/14/11 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Terry Lubzinski
This mornings results with the help of the Brothers Tolley.

It's good to see that you have decided to put your money into fine British guns rather than British vehicles. You sure know how to instill gun and game envy. wink Gil
Ok so I have more than one favorite duck gun 4-10's
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/15/11 11:57 PM
I don't know if I have a favorite yet, but my Lefever GE certainly did the job this morning using Tungsten 5's over dekes: This was a small private lake that was full of birds. Lotsa fun!

Craig, is the first one an 0 Grade? I have an 0 Gr. 10 ga. that like yours does not have any line engraving.
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/16/11 12:23 AM
Craig, the bottom one is the one that caught my eyes. Pure beauty. Gotta be your favorite. smile
David: Yes O grade with no engraving. Craig
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/16/11 02:06 AM
Lovely Seeber and I'd say teal to be the most tasty followed by woodies. I guess it is the acorns that make the woodies tasty. Haven't made a call on a favorite fire-stick but I would guess a Bohemian hammer to rank pretty high although we strongly cotton to hammerless Meridens. The season isn't upon us as of yet, but my youngest lad/young sportsman is procuring decoy pairs at every stop. Today's acquisition:

By year's end after fending off a few ADEM stormwater runoff infractions, we are are projected to be knee-deep in waterfowl per some supposedly in the know including some stake on a stick or ribeye in the sky. May have to sit the Whooping Crane ID exam this year.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: skeettx Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/16/11 03:16 AM
Well we shall see???
Brought this one home tonight

Plenty of case color remaining smile

Mike
Posted By: skeettx Re: Pictures of your favorite Duck Gun!! - 10/16/11 07:57 PM
I also like my OLD Grade 2 Syracuse 10 Gauge

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com