doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Franc Otte RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 06:31 PM
I was lurking @ SSM the other day & I was reading a post by RymanGunDogs...about one of the "Three" Sacred Silver Breeched LC Smith Executive Guns
Later in the thread someone called him "Beans"
Now I remember Beans from the old board here...
I could never figure if was in the know..or knew not?
What's the deal on him.
Some folks seem to mess with him, & take the piss...
I personally have a hard time with the way he seems to think the LC Smith is the best gun ever made, but that 's ok.
I am honestly curious , & No harm meant to him , or LC Smith
cheers
Franc
Posted By: Dennis Wolfe Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 06:41 PM
Controversy follows him very close on >>EVERY BOARD<< I have seen him post ... and it's been quite afew.
Posted By: ghostdog Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 07:05 PM
I know he was booted off another board I frequent. Caused some headaches for the folks there, but have no idea about the specifics (nor would I get involved in any sort of smear campaign)

But...interesting story. When I joined the other board, I put up a picture of my birddog, a Weimaraner. He contacted me and said "call me. I think your dog is descended from my champion weim". Called him, pulled up the pedigree, and sure enough, he was right. I was impressed that he could tell from one photo that my dog was from the same lineage, years and many states apart. When I spoke to him on the phone, I definitely got the impression that there was very little that would ever sway his opinion about anything. ever.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 07:45 PM
I have heard of, and of course, tend to believe author Forsythe with the ODESSA FILE- THE OP LETTERS BEING SS- being the infamous WW2 Nazi "Protective Echelon' detailed to guard Adolph Hitler- based, if you are history buff, and whom here does not enjoy buffing a little history every now and then, on the Roman Praetorial Guard-- But I did not the SS had a magazine, whether published here or in Europe. I do know for a fact that since WW2 ended, Deutschland Uber Alles is NOT ever played in public, and no male child has ever been named Adolph either-- fascinating indeed!!
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 08:02 PM

Doesn't look too original to me.
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 08:37 PM
Runs,

When he says SS he means Shooting Sportsman Magazine. They have an online forum similar to this one. I believe you've been banned there, the same as on the LC Smith forum if memory serves.

Destry
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 08:47 PM
Thanks Destry, Before you posted I reread the entire thread trying to figure out what Francis was talking about.

And I laughed out loud after I read your post.

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I have heard of, and of course, tend to believe author Forsythe with the ODESSA FILE- THE OP LETTERS BEING SS- being the infamous WW2 Nazi "Protective Echelon' detailed to guard Adolph Hitler- based, if you are history buff, and whom here does not enjoy buffing a little history every now and then, on the Roman Praetorial Guard-- But I did not the SS had a magazine, whether published here or in Europe. I do know for a fact that since WW2 ended, Deutschland Uber Alles is NOT ever played in public, and no male child has ever been named Adolph either-- fascinating indeed!!

And Francis I didn't know the SS had a magazine either.

Best,

Mike
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 08:55 PM
I hardly ever know what RWTF is referring to...the sentence stucture and missing words always throw me...
Posted By: battle Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 09:12 PM
Yeah just think Ole Ed gets out of his jail tomorrrow. cry
Posted By: Ben Thayer Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 09:51 PM
There is an inescapable air of self importance in everything he writes. It would be less noticeable if more folk posted over there...ghost town.
Posted By: Dave K Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: battle

Toying with starting a pool to see who guess's how many days he lasts.I figure 10 days tops.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 09:57 PM
The buffed out LC above looks like a prime candidate for the 'torch.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 10:00 PM
Ma'Paa'ka he's your shoot'n paad'na blush
Posted By: eightbore Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 10:20 PM
Battle, you sure Ed doesn't get out today? Dave has an open bed. Maybe he will place someone else in it. Any suggestions?
Posted By: battle Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 10/31/11 11:23 PM
I dont know eightbore. Wish some of these yahoo's would hit the road, and some of the good guys come back. But thats another time lost now!

I been here quit sometime now, and i'll be the first to admit i dont know much about every double gun and dont care too. Most if not tons of the knowledge have either left or to be frank died off. I consider myself still fairly young (44). I dont try to speak about thing i know nothing about.
Posted By: Norm Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 11/01/11 12:59 AM
I dont try to speak about thing i know nothing about.

Words to live by.
Posted By: mtwoodson Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 11/01/11 03:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Norm
I dont try to speak about thing i know nothing about.

Words to live by.

Nice credo, but if followed, I'd be speechless.
Posted By: Dennis Wolfe Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 11/01/11 04:00 PM
Was kinda hoping for some opinions on Bean's L. C. Smith ???
Posted By: Montana Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 11/01/11 04:04 PM
I've had drinks with enough gunstock artists to question the age of that one. Grain, shape and fit seem to be more modern than original. Comments?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 11/01/11 04:06 PM
No doubt...redone
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: RymanGunDog?Beans?LCSmith? - 11/01/11 04:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave K

Toying with starting a pool to see who guess's how many days he lasts.I figure 10 days tops.

Chance card-->"Go to jail do not pass Go do not collect $200". grin
Community Chest card "Get Out Of Jail Free". cry
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com