doublegunshop.com - home
Can you tell me what I've got here? don't know much about the hammer guns, needs wood and some tlc....I think it's worth putting a bit work in to it.....is it?

Thanks

CJ

Quality 2 or G-Grade 2-frame top-lever hammer gun of about 1888 vintage.
Based on the stock being proud of the lock and the gap between the locks and stock I think that this gun has been restocked. That alone will decrease the value significantly.

At most I'd carefully clean it up and if after shooting it, if I really liked it, I would have the Damascus barrels redone.

If you post on the Parker Gun Collectors Forum I am certaint that you will receive much friendly assistance.

Enjoy your Parker.
Originally Posted By: CJO
Can you tell me what I've got here?

For you....I'd say it's like a diamond in the ruff.
Claudio, the three lug top lever action is the latest and most shootable Parker hammer gun. Assuming you can get the action tight and the barrels are good, there is not a lot that will go wrong with it. The #2 frame and heavy barrels are positive points.
Yes, if it were mine, I'd put a bit of work to it.

Thanks all....Bill, the bores need some polishing, but the action is fairly tight. I keep finding all these old things that need work, or maybe they just find me.
I spent some time on the Parker site last night and found out a lot more about this old piece...so I think I'll hang on to it and add it to my "ruff diamond" work pile

Thanks

CJ
I think it's a G grade with a size 2 frame.
I like it. It has lots of potential and could make a great duck gun if it's configured correctly.

If you can do a lot of the TLC yourself, I would put time into it.
The "fishtail" top lever makes it a bit more rare. It's a gun well worth restoring IMHO.......George
I can see the Diamond part shining through on that old girl, What potential! Put her on the top of your pile!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com