doublegunshop.com - home
that today - oh, hell, yesterday already, 23:45 local time - my wife gave birth to a most beautiful baby boy, 55 sm in height, 3940 grams, no tears or anything, 10/10 (repeat - ten by ten) Agiar? Apiar? what's the guy's name? Nevermind. Anyway. I hereby soelmnly swear to teach him everything I know about double guns and what to do with them - it'll be his choice to hunt or not, but I'll do my part. I'm in that state when a shot of hard liquoer doesn't intoxicate, but rather brings one back to norm - I'm going to see about that now - everyone just be happy, what-when-where-who-ever you are!
Humpty:

Congratulations!!!

Almost 4 kg; thatīs a big newborn!

Let me tell you that NOTHING changes more your life like having a son.

Best for you and your family,
Congratulations
Man, I envy you, your son and your wife. (Hopefully she's fine and didn't have too hard a time)

A high Apgar test is VERY predictive. Good on him!!

Diapers will fade into memory but the joy...never!

I have one son and one grandson (who is just a year old) and your son will be the high point of your life (and, as you will discover, you will be his)

Well done, to all three of you!

And I'll have that celebratory snort right now. Thank you!
Congratulations!
That is wonderful, congratulations!
Steve
Congratulations! I have one son and 2 adopted boys, all of whom I learn something from every time I see them! Your goals are lofty! I wish you every good thing...
Congratulations!
May I add my congratulations:
Also the birth of a son ,grandson or grandaughter for that matter etc. on this type of a fomum IMO should NEVER be considered "off topic". They are the future of this hobby we all so dearly love.
Jim
Way to go!
Congratulations, HD.
A toast to renewal for both of you! I hope that your son will pick up the gauntlet and continue your own traditional interests. In the scheme of things all that one may do is put it on the table, but I'd say your odds are quite high he will follow if he can see the joy you take from the pursuit and is taken along as early as is possible. Remember to always protect his ears.

Kindest regards to all of you!
Congratulations, HD.

With two grown sons and three grandsons I know exactly how you feel. Before my second son breathed his first my wife told me to pick out his name. I was quite taken with the movie JEREMIAH JOHNSON at the time, so that was going to be it, Jeremiah Johnson Hillis. Right up until I first laid eyes on him lying in his little blue bassinet in the nursery at the hospital. I looked at that little wrinkled up fella and thought, he shore don't look like a Jeremiah to me. So, walked back into my wife's room and told her it wasn't going to be Jeremiah Johnson Hillis, but Jonathan Minis Hillis, after my grandaddy. Man, was she relieved!!

You can send my cigar to my nearest post office and I'll pick it up there. I don't want my wife smoking it before I get home. laugh

SRH
Congratulations!! Let's just hope he doesn't want to shoot plastic stocked automatics!
Congrats! Teach him well.
Your aim was good!!!!
Best wishes to you all
Franc
Thank you all! It's so nice!
My wife is just fine, much better than the first time out, thank you, her first request this morning was to put on some money on her mobile since she drew it flat sending texts - and that's with her having a tablet PC with wireless Internet along!
I'm off to the hospital to see them now smile Can't wait to see our daugher meet the new brother, but she's away with her Grandma and has to be brought in, gotta take care of that, too. No two babies are the same, I tell you, this one looks so serious, and determined to keep a stiff upper lip ("I will not cry!")at all cost - let's wait and see, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. With the daughter we hadn't any sleep for three months. I'm taking them home Friday, if all is fine - it's customary to keep mother and child in for three full days after birth - after that I don't know. As for outdoor education, little Daniil might see some action as early as this spring season, if things work out as planned (you don't happen to have a distant job for an English/Russian translator/writer, do you?) He does look a bit like my late Grandpa, who was a big time outdoorsman. OK, gotta run now. Don't know when I'll be back here, have a good time! All the best from us four!
Hereīs a toast to you all, congratulations, best, Mike
Congratulations on the new addition!
Congratulations Humpty. I have a seven year old boy who has brought me unimaginable joy. I'm sure the same will happen for you and his mother.
Hope you have a great life together, savor it all. My "baby boy" is now 6' 2" and 200 lbs. Only took weeks, it seems.

C.
Congratulations. That's fantastic news.

Wishing you a great 2012.

OWD
One word of advice...start saving for ammo. Son, Son-in law, Grandsons can make quite a pile of hulls at the range!! smile
Not to mention the girls!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
Congratulations!
Thanks, guys!
Ed. re: saving for ammo - great idea, but, couning on fingers, a son, a son-in-law, myself, wife, daughter, oh wait, I gotta buy at least three more guns first! smile
Congratulations on the birth of your son. May you instill in him the rights from wrongs and hopefully, in his lifetime will there be peace and tranquility in this world........and still have good shooting.
Congrats! Don't blink or you will miss something. Mine is going to be 16 in two weeks. It is hard to believe.

Bill G.
Congratulations from Virginia USA,To You and your growing Family.
Al Peterson
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com