doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Alvin Linden 12 ga. SKB MODEL 280E [ENGLISH GRIP] - 05/01/12 01:56 AM
I have a 12 ga. SKB MODEL 280E [ENGLISH GRIP] with Ejectors, Single Selective Trigger, Straight English Grip, Boxlock action with scroll engraving, 28in. barrels choked IC M, Beavertail forend, some of the best wood, marblecaking and honey coloring I have ever seen on any SKB... bar none, checkering perfect, bluing 98+%. I am going to list the gun in the next week, as I have not used it since I bought it and I have a daughter in Graduate school. I would appreciate informed opinions as to current value. Thanks in Advance
Posted By: L. Brown Re: 12 ga. SKB MODEL 280E [ENGLISH GRIP] - 05/02/12 03:46 PM
Alvin, take a look on gunsinternational.com. Those are mostly dealers listing there, so if you find something similar to yours, deduct maybe 20% or so and that would likely be a decent starting point for a private seller. Right here, on the "for sale" section, would be a good place to list your gun.

If you didn't make a mistake listing either the chokes or barrel length, your gun is fairly unusual. Most of the 28" SKB's are M/F; the 26" guns are typically IC/M. With long barrels more in current favor than shorter ones, that'd be a plus for your gun. I'd list it here, asking maybe $1150. Good luck.
Posted By: chopperlump Re: 12 ga. SKB MODEL 280E [ENGLISH GRIP] - 05/02/12 08:48 PM
Ditto what Larry said. Excellent guns. Chops
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com