doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Rocketman Ithaca single trigger development - 06/06/12 03:22 PM
I've been whining about the single trigger in my NID 4E trap gun doubling for some time. At first it seemed to develop a distaste for 7/8 oz loads while 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz worked well, then it started doubling on 1 oz loads and eventually even 1 1/8 oz. I did the usual cleaning/"tinkering" stuff and had temporary success getting it working properly again. My most recent effort was to add metal washer shims between the trigger plate and stock. At the Spring Southern it started to misbehave again.

Back at home, I stripped it down and out came a small piece of wood from the inletting area. Put it back together and Presto-alakazam it works even with 3/4 oz loads (the new Clay Buster 3/4 oz wad). OK, now to track down that chip of wood and understand how it caused the intermittent issue.

DDA
And then there is always Mr. May, of the Miller Single Trigger co.
Posted By: Rocketman Re: Ithaca single trigger development - 06/06/12 05:25 PM
Thank you, Walt. That was my next step. If it keeps amotorin' along, it may not need to go there.

DDA
The few problems I have had with the triggers is tightening the tang screw due to wood shrinkage over 60 years. Usually can be helped with shims under the tang but sometimes may need a spacer between tangs. I have only had trigger issues on maybe 2 guns. My experience is they are pretty darn reliable.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com