doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: redoak Who would you recommend to re-lay ribs in MI? - 08/10/12 12:51 AM
Who would you recommend to re-lay both ribs on a very nice British BLNE, and what should it cost?

I have an opportunity to purchase a nice 2" 12 bore, but the barrels look like they may have been hot caustic blued, with a very shiny blue-black that show every fingerprint, and the barrel flats are blued, was well.

Both ribs are loose, and I suspect that they need to be completely stripped and re-layed.

Is there anyone in Michigan who you would recommend to do this work?

Thanks
Brad Batchelder
Del Whitman. I had Del relay ribs a few months back. Work was fantastic, but took freekin for-e-v-e-rrr. I know the mantra of having quality work done takes time, but this took alot of time. A friend of mine had ribs relayed on the east coast by a guy in Conn. who's name rhymes with Gabe Aber and it only took 2 months and was cheaper too.
The cost of my ribs relayed and barrels re-browned was a little south of a grand.

For the job to be done right, both ribs will be completely stripped, cleaned, and relayed.

I've heard that Brad Bachelder does very nice work although I have never seen any of his work in person.

Dustin
Gabe Aber
Abe Chaber
Three good leads....

Thank you.
Brad Bachelder.
I have contacted Bachelder's, and their ball park estimate (without having looked at the gun) of $400-$600.00 seems reasonable.

I do appreciate the help.

And am I correct in assuming that the blacked barrel flats are reasonably conclusive evidence of re-blacking? Does it, perhaps, also point to hot caustic blue, or is that a strech?

I am trying to understand why 10-12" of both ribs are loose. The gun looks to have had only limited use...

Thanks
You can't go wrong with Brad Bachelder. He runs a real class outfit!!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com