doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Spartan66 V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/06/12 01:50 PM
Hello I an new to this forum, and so far I must say that it seems to be a fantastic resource for all things double gun an more! I am desperately trying to find a complete forend for a V. Bernardelli 12 gauge hammer shotgun. It's the Brescia Special model with hammers and its not an ejector gun. Any ideas? Anything or any ideas would be great thanks so much!
Best Regards, Nick
Posted By: Mike A. Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/06/12 03:19 PM
You might try contacting Stoegers, since they were a long time importer of VBs. They probably don't have parts, but may well have the correct contact at VB, which still exists when last I looked.
Posted By: rayhunts Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/06/12 09:29 PM
Try tristar they impirted rota luciano for a time. rota made that gun. tristar in u.s. rota phone no. 030/81472 brescia-Italy address 25068 noboli di sarezzo v.t. brescia Italy
Posted By: Spartan66 Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/17/12 01:17 AM
So after some calls here and there I still have found nothing! Any other ideas?
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/17/12 02:22 AM
I won't guarantee anything but did you try jackfirstgun.com ?
Posted By: Hammergun Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/17/12 01:16 PM
There's a good chance you can make the forend from another gun work if you have the time, money (or gunsmithing skills) and patience. Don't give up. I enjoy difficult projects like this.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/17/12 02:08 PM
Have you tried the Bernardelli website: www.bernardelli.com ? Says they're still making guns in Italy. (Last I heard, the company had been purchased by Turkish interests.) If they're still making hammerguns, could be a current forend--or at least the iron--might work.
Posted By: Spartan66 Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/29/12 02:46 AM
tried everyone and looked everywhere!! Anything?? Happy New Year!!!
Posted By: Replacement Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/29/12 04:30 AM
I think John Boyd at Quality Arms in Houston used to import VBs. Worth a call. I tried to find some VB parts for an O/U a few years ago and came up with nothing.

I have a couple of VB Brescia hammer guns (Stoeger imports) and have seen some speculation that the Siace, Beretta, and Mi-Val hammer guns may have some parts that interchange with the VBs. There are also other grades of VB guns that may/should interchange, such as the Italia and Italia Extra. You might be able to buy a beater somewhere just to get the forend.
Posted By: Adam Stinson Re: V. Bernardelli forend HELP!!! - 12/29/12 03:32 PM
Like Larry said, Bernardelli is still in business and still builds this hammer gun. The forend may still be the same or at least similar enough to make it fit.

Here is the same hammer gun currenty offered by Bernardelli
http://www.bernardelli.com/en/doppietta-italia.html

And here is their contact page.
http://www.bernardelli.com/en/contatti.html

Good luck

Adam
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com