doublegunshop.com - home
John B. Snow calls it a "good little shotgun".

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2013/01/new-triple-barrel-shotgun-chiappa-triple-threat

Outdoor Life shooting editor... really??? In the footsteps of Carmichael, I feel a bunion.

And your complaint is ???
That it isn't a sporting arm, which is after all the focus of "Outdoor Life".

Per this board I'd probably also take issue with its workmanship, balance, barrel length, choke tubes, and trigger pull. If it ever triples, I'll need 6 weeks in a sling. But at least it is safe for steel shot!
jeez, I'm conflicted! Age getting in the way, I guess. Can't imagine JOC or Carmichael calling it a good little shotgun. For what and what advantage except maybe home defence? There are better and more easily accessible guns for home defence, surely. It's a gimmick!
It's not a gimmick. It is also made in a full length stock version. I have no idea why they didn't demonstrate that. Several years ago, there was a triple barrel shotgun on the market called the Tristar. It is hard but not impossible to locate on google. A used one was listed on an internet site a year or two ago and sold before you could say "Jack Spratt". I copied the ad so I would remember the name. The mention of home defense is a marketing tool that goes with today's love affair with military wannabees.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/chiappa-triple-barrel-shotgun-the-triple-crown-shot-2013/
the sporting version....

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/2628
Okay, not a gimmick to attract attention but its practical use, please, in the field. (I'm curious, Bill, not grumpy.)
Hmmm...

A Turkish 3-barrel shotgun? Where it's from says it all...

"Turkey."
Well,there is a history of sporting guns with three barrels. Dickson is the first to come to mind and wasn't the Three Barrel Gun Co. In West Va. I'm sure there are others that tried their hand at it.
This gun looks like a klunker. At 8.5 lbs "home defense" would have to mean aerial attack
Famars' legendary four barreled shotguns were small bore so maybe the Turks should try a 20g drilling.
I have a number of drillings (all common ones with two shotgun and one rifled barrel) and I have a lot of respect for three barreled guns. But I prefer light drilling and have little use for the heavier ones.

With kind regards,
Jani
It MUST be a good gun as it has REM Chokes smile
Mike
The recently departed Tristar was also a 12 gauge, a fatal flaw for a three barrel gun, in my opinion.
Originally Posted By: justin
Well,there is a history of sporting guns with three barrels. Dickson is the first to come to mind and wasn't the Three Barrel Gun Co. In West Va. I'm sure there are others that tried their hand at it.
This gun looks like a klunker. At 8.5 lbs "home defense" would have to mean aerial attack
Not 100% sure, but I believe you might mean the Hollenbeck Gun, made in Moundsville, West "By God" VA..Any loaded and reliable gun you have in hand is a "home defense gun" when the drugged-up gang bangers target your home. About two weeks or so ago, a retired couple in an upscale Kentwood (Grand Rapids area) MI were shot stone cold dead by such a dirtbag-and their fairly new Cadillac was later found abandoned and torched about 5 miles away-- Want to guess how they were targeted and not any of the neighbors? They advertised the ir Caddy as For Sale on Graig's List- with photos showing it parked outside the curved lawn, home address, front door, no ADT signs or dogs in their photo, and of course, being the trusting sort, made their name and address available. Just a word of warning in this, today's scumbags have become Hi-Tech scumbags- look at all the Apple I-Pod rip-offs and smash and grabs-IMO-- best weapon for home defense is a reliable 12 gauge Riot shotgun- I prefer a pumpgun, and loaded with OO buck, with the spare rounds carrier, and also a charged cellphone handy-
I don't think it's fair to compare this with a drilling. The double bbl over a rifle in certain areas can be a down right handy tool (bird hunting out west when you bust bowinkle outa the bush) - I know a couple people that love that little savage dirty-dirty over 20ga.

In a tatical environment - it's a joke. You can find a lot better for $1500.

Home defense, if it's all you have - then great. But, if your going to spend 1500 smackaroonies, you can do much better.

Also a fan of the pump shotgun in the house. Buck/slug/buck/slug.

Gary
Hello all...as someone who uses a double exclusively for waterfowl, I could see tri barrel gun being very useful, especially when one has to chase down cripple goldeneye ducks. The weight would keep the recoil from 3" shells from battering the shooter. Assuming it has auto selective ejectors, one could keep steel 7's in one barrel for the inevitable coup de gra(sp?) and your heavy shells in the other 2 barrels.

All sorts of possibilities here.

John Bourbon
I am fairly certain it is not an ejector gun. Even the Germans didn't fall into that trap.
Eightbore,
There were(are)German(&Austrian)drillings with ejectors.I agree that the problem is that it is 12ga.
Mike
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com