doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Fin2Feather Oops! - 04/15/13 04:42 PM
This photo accompanied an internet story entitled "New York's Assault Weapon Registration Begins"...interesting that it's a shot of a couple of guys looking at a table full of side-by-side doubles grin.

Posted By: JohnfromUK Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 04:45 PM
Seems like the US press have similar competence to the rest of the world!
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 04:46 PM
We're next.
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 05:20 PM
Absolutely correct!

If the RINOs have any say, you'll need a background check to buy that Greener.

Then you and the gun go into a government database.

... All for the children, of course.
Posted By: TwiceBarrel Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 06:19 PM
Yep those dastardly two shot automatic multi projectile assault weapons of war are devastating and a true threat to civilization.
Posted By: ohiosam Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 06:54 PM
I was in a "discussion" on FB with a cousin about guns. I mentioned that my interests were mainly SxS shotguns and singleshot rifles. She had zero idea what I was talking about, she just didn't like any guns.

Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 07:02 PM
The two duffers in the picture look like gangstas ready to make a purchase before all those nasty gunshow loopholes are closed. crazy
Posted By: Tamid Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 07:02 PM
How'd the media get into a gun show to take pictures? At our shows no one is allowed to take pictures.
Posted By: Paddy Garcia Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: TwiceBarrel
Yep those dastardly two shot automatic multi projectile assault weapons of war are devastating and a true threat to civilization.

Well, if you can fire 2 shots simultaneously by pulling both triggers - 2 shots in 0 seconds means a cyclic rate of fire around infinity. Dangerous indeed.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
This photo accompanied an internet story entitled "New York's Assault Weapon Registration Begins"...interesting that it's a shot of a couple of guys looking at a table full of side-by-side doubles grin.

I noticed the two dudes in good clothes ;looking at the side-by-sides, older WASPs my read. Also behind the table further back, the dealer dude in the suit and tie, white hair, glasses, hands in pockets- tells me he is not really pushing to close a deal- seller's market on ammo and "EBR's" can't tell what he has, and if he is also the owner of the side-by-sides in the front and center- looks more like handguns with a few rednecks looking at them-- Ah yes- Kiss those open gunshows Adios lads, if Obama, Heller, feinstein, Bloomberg, Biden and Schumer have their way--
Posted By: Clay N Feathers Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 08:20 PM
In case some of you don't know. When we call a gun into NICS we just say long gun, handgun or both. We do not have to tell them the make, model and serial number.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 10:21 PM
Those two barreld shotguns are capable of putting 1400 projectiles traveling at supersonic speeds into the air in less than two seconds. They make an assault weapon look like your grandma's gun.
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Oops! - 04/15/13 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Tamid
How'd the media get into a gun show to take pictures? At our shows no one is allowed to take pictures.

The age of the cell phone, my friend.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Oops! - 04/16/13 02:05 PM
At close range a double barrel is the ultimate assault weapon. I have one in my house for such a purpose.

Never waste a bad event if it advances your agenda. Why not do the same as the anti gun people but from another direction. Instead of getting more gun control laws we could do with mental health reforms that identify true risk and do more than give them pills they do not take and let them live unsupervised lives. require Doctors, teachers and anyone in the court system to report all known and potential mental health risks.

The ACLU basically forced institutions to release people who can not fend for themselves and make it very difficult to have any person committed. You do not see them dealing with these people on a daily basis. Sometimes a court action, that seems to be correct or technically proper, has major long term consequences. A wife can get a restraining order with just her word as evidence and no proof to support her. Why make it almost impossible to remove people who are dangerous to themselves and others?
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Oops! - 04/16/13 04:28 PM
Those gray haired old guys with the big guts are a dangerous lot, don't you know...

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Oops! - 04/16/13 07:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Those gray haired old guys with the big guts are a dangerous lot, don't you know...

Best,
Ted
"Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look about him, let me have close to me men who are sleek and fat and sleep well of nights"-- Words of Friggin' Wisdom from old Billy-Boy himself!! Most of the grey haired old farts with big guts end up making the mistake of thinking they are legends- sure- in their own mind perhaps. As Da' Clinster once said- "Man needs to know his limitations"-- the only danger those two WASPS in the photo could cause is the kind they pay hitmen to do for them-- they have deep pockets, that's the only thing dangerous about them--
Posted By: damascus Re: Oops! - 04/16/13 08:08 PM
Why oh why do you good folks in the states put a leaver in the bow of a guns trigger guard applying so much such unnatural and unnecessary force just to make the gun stand up, I can only think that a deformed trigger guard is quite acceptable also the inevitable dent in the woodwork as well?
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Oops! - 04/16/13 08:47 PM
Don't forget about the omnipresent zip tie. I just about went to fist city with a security guard that was trying to render a Super Fox un-openable aided by the use of some dikes. He was gonna pull it up nice a snug. Oh no he didn't!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com