doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Poore The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/24/13 08:43 PM
#88 and it's delightful. Unlike the RBL this is a true round framed gun, and superb in look & feel. Also, unlike the early RBL the checkering looks hand cut and nicely executed, along with the scroll engraving well presented. The case coloring is on par with the RBL. It points well and although the LOP is a little short for me, that's a simple fix. This time I opted for the standard pistol grip wood which has surprisingly nice figure and hard gloss finish, unlike the RBL & A-10 both English stocked with exhibition wood and oil finish. Also, with the elegant long sweep of the grip, in my opinion, this gun does not need a grip cap. I think, for $3,000, Tony sent a hell of a nice gun out of his shop. Three home runs for three at bats.

PS: when I bought the RBL. Tony was offering the canvas trunk cases substantially discounted. The Inverness is a perfect fit, after cutting a relief slot for the front bead.

all the best....mike
Posted By: skeettx Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/24/13 10:50 PM
Mike
Congratulation on the newest addition.
What will her primary function be?
Thanks
Mike
Posted By: dogon Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/25/13 12:43 AM
Congrat's Mike !!

I wish you many good days with your Inverness. Glad your happy with it.
Posted By: Mike Poore Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/25/13 12:07 PM
The A-10 has been the go-to gun for phesants/chuckers at Hill Country, with the 525 Sporting for clays courses. The Inverness will get thoroughly tested for both diciplens & fall walks flushing Grouse & I'll try a few rounds of doubles on the trap field, just for grins. Fortunatly, the 20ga kit was ordered with the PW 800+ & there's a good supply of wads & hulls on hand.

Best...mike
Posted By: Shotgunlover Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/25/13 01:02 PM
Congratulations!

One more indication that manufacturing is returning to the USA.

European makers are lucky that Tony Galazzan is not interested in export sales. Many of us in Europe would appreciate the opportunity to get a round bodied OU at 2400 Euro.
Posted By: UplandGuide Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/26/13 09:54 PM
How about a few pictures of your new Inverness?
Posted By: Dick_dup1 Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/27/13 11:32 AM
Posted By: Mike Poore Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/27/13 09:25 PM
I'm on the road shooting trap competition; but will post photos when things slow down a little. Photos don't do justice to the elegance of that round frame, though. It's like nothing I've had in my hands. Frankly, one wonders if Tony's under water on these guns.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/30/13 12:17 PM
Congratulations on your new gun!

I would not worry about Tony/CSMC too much though. With their crazy listing and pricing on their used guns I'm sure they will find a few suckers around to make sales to on those and more than make up for it if they are under water on the Inverness.
Posted By: eightbore Re: The CSMC INVERNESS came today - 06/30/13 12:49 PM
GIAGDRWY
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com