doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw 2nd NoDak SxS Event (the Wade Burns Classic) - 06/30/13 01:59 AM
Hi all, well today was the 2nd NoDak SxS Event that was held at Wade Burns place. It was a very informal event with just friends getting together and having a good time. The weather was perfect, not much wind, sunny and the temp was in the mid 70's. Wade and his buddy Greg set up the course which made a good shot very humble! It was a 5 stand with high and low houses and boy did those clays fly!!! They were really booking. Lots of misses, and some hits. But it was still fun.

I just want to thank Wade and his lovely wife Christina for having us down and showing us a great time....looking forward to next year!

Anyway, here are lots of pics of the event:

The staging area:

Joel (aka, Virgil Eyrp):

Jory up to shoot, my son Jim pulling:

My son Will:

Wade and Christia (with an auto!!!):

Some of my guns:

The King of Clays (Wade just flew in from a deep sea fishing trip in the keys):

Jory and Joel:

Wade:

The High House:

Posted By: gjw Re: 2nd NoDak SxS Event (the Wade Burns Classic) - 06/30/13 02:01 AM
More pics:

Todd shooting his 10ga Black Powder SxS:

Chow time, Joel made a wonderful stuffed pork loin, it was the best:

Hearing Protection:

Safety issues (a guy can fall over the hulls and hurt themselves and is that paint biodegradable?):

The Gang (Wades buddy Greg had to leave early so he's not in the pic):

Wades' Land Rover reminded me of Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom". I could almost hear Marlin, "Jim's got him now!" grin Thanks Wade for a great time.
Those are great photos Greg! Glad to see you North Dakotans shooting those lovely shotguns. Keep working on Christina for I foresee, with your encouragement, a svelte 20 gauge SxS in her hands...

Mark
Posted By: gjw Re: 2nd NoDak SxS Event (the Wade Burns Classic) - 06/30/13 12:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words Mark. Christina does shoot a SxS normally, and she shot one quite well at the Event, but I just happened to get a pic of her shooting one of those infernal contraptions! So, she is one of us, just had a slip!
Thanks again!

Greg
Greg, we need to get you over to WI for the Great Northern, or else you need to come down to Flatwater in NE. Looks like a good time was had by all.
Originally Posted By: Mark Ouellette
Those are great photos Greg! Glad to see you North Dakotans shooting those lovely shotguns. Keep working on Christina for I foresee, with your encouragement, a svelte 20 gauge SxS in her hands...

Mark

That is her duck gun. She normally shoots a Webley and Scott 16ga Model 500 or a Newman 16ga.
Here she is with a pair of sage grouse she shot a double on with a double gun of course, LOL.
Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to hosting again next year. Maybe I will crank up the springs on the throwers to get a little more speed for you Greg.
Originally Posted By: wburns
Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to hosting again next year. Maybe I will crank up the springs on the throwers to get a little more speed for you Greg.

I was hoping you would crank the springs down a bit. This old fart likes something a little more slow and lethargic. Lethargic--Now there's another fifty cent word for Will to add to his vocabulary. grin Tell you what Wade---If you can find some good buffalo hump I'll BBQ that next year.
Will do! I know a few people I can get some from. We still need some of that pork loin (you got at Wal-Mart), as that stuff is awesome along with your barbeque sauce!
Greg, once again, a big "Thank You" for taking the time and effort to include us in your shoot!!! smile
Posted By: gjw Re: 2nd NoDak SxS Event (the Wade Burns Classic) - 07/01/13 10:46 AM
Thanks treblig, I just took the pics and posted them. Wade and Greg (the other Greg) should have all the credit for setting up the course and Wade for having us down to his place (he also supplied the clays - thus the title "King of Clays). It really was a good time, but as I said, the course they set up, made a guy humble!

Thanks again!

Greg
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com