doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DUNEZRUNNER NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/05/13 05:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend that has a NIKKO Model 60 over/under 12ga. She is looking to get rid of it and asked me what it was would be worth. I have looked online for it and cant find any info on the gun. It is a nice looking gun, but I have no idea what to tell her it is worth.

Can anyone shed some light on this gun.

thanks

Thomas
Posted By: Retriever Believer Re: NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/05/13 06:26 AM
Chris Showler usually has a few Nikko's for sale. I would contact him.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/showler.htm
Posted By: tut Re: NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/05/13 10:10 AM
Nikko was made by the same company (Olin Kedensa sp?) that did the Winchester O/U's in Japan. However with the Nikko (Japan house brand) they don't bring the same kind of money in the used gun market. If I could see pictures I'd have a better feel for value. I'd say were are talking from a thousand to 1,700 USD give or take.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/05/13 11:05 AM
That Olin-Kodensha operation produced some nice guns. Parker Repros were also made there.
Posted By: Replacement Re: NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/05/13 03:19 PM
Quote:
I have no idea what to tell her it is worth.

My guess is that it is worth about 20-25% less than a Win 101 in comparable grade and condition. Essentially the same gun, but without the name recognition. Lots of parts interchangeability, so any long term issues should be minimal as a shooter.
Posted By: DUNEZRUNNER Re: NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/06/13 03:52 AM
Thanks for the info. I will send Chris an email and ask him if he has any ideas. I tried to post pictures on this post, but don't know how. It looks like I need to have a web site to upload the pictures to. If anyone wants to see the pictures, I can email them to you. The gun is an over/under. It has engraving in the metal on the sides of the receiver and on the bottom of the forearm. It has 2 triggers. It is a nice clean light gun.

Thanks for the replies

Thomas
Posted By: Replacement Re: NIKKO MODEL 60 INFO - 07/06/13 02:51 PM
Quote:
The gun is an over/under...It has 2 triggers.

That changes things. Double triggers may narrow the market and simultaneously bump the value a bit to the right buyer. Most O/U shooters prefer single triggers.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com