doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: 1cdog Holt's Auction today - anybody do any good? - 09/19/13 06:49 PM
Holt's had an auction today. I placed 3 absentee bids on items, actually far exceeding the high estimate on the items, and still lost out.

Did anybody do any good buying anything today?
I'm 1 for 150 on winning bids.....I think there's a conspiracy.
Hey! I'm not even cheap! smile
Very few items final bid price reflects the estimated price. Just for fun keep tract of 10-20 items. Rare is the one which does not make est.. Most times the gun has major issues. And like you I only seem to pick the ones every person on Earth deems the pick of the litter. But most of the fun is on the research.
I have had good success in the past but not today.
Jeffery double rifle, Watson Bros 20-bore, Woodward SLE, Bonehill 12-bore.
Small Bore,

The Jeffery double rifle was well bought - congratulations!

I heard there was a Texan there buying everything in sight. Any truth to that? smile

Thanks,
Cdog
Sold my pair of Holland double rifles,(need the money) bought a Greener Harpoon gun !, my friend bought an H&H .300 bolt made in 1984, bid on 7 other items for Spanish clients but didnīt get them though, best Mike
Going whale hunting Mike? Lagopus.....
I think that Harpoon gun should be used to handle some of those Texas quail. You know everything is bigger in Texas.
I did poorly on this sale: 0/10 in the morning, may have got a couple in the afternoon but was underbidder on several and lost others by a comfortable margin. I await the invoice to be sure.
I hate being the underbidder...perhaps one more bid?....that way lies disaster so I don't attend the sale any more, just leave commission bids.
However, it is amazing how often commission bids buy at exactly one's maximum amount!
And the saleroom webcam was unavailable from my home!
Enough said!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com