doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bgl0b6 PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/14/13 11:45 PM
I AM TIERED OF THE E-MAILS PM'S AND PERSONAL ATTACKS FROM ED GOOD,DONT NEED THE AGGRIVATION,REMOVE ME IMEDIATLY.....VERY UNHAPPY THAT YOU LET A CLOWN LIKE THAT HERE,HAS REPEATATLY E-MAILED AND PMedME ALL DAY TODAY
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/14/13 11:49 PM
gOOd riddence whiney bOy with 5 stars laugh
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/15/13 02:35 PM
Like so many other civilized individuals, bg has opted out of this board.

And for proof of his wisdom, jOe has chimed in.

gOOd choice, bg !!

(not to be confused with ed good, Supreme Moderator of Misfires)
Posted By: steve voss Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/15/13 03:19 PM
I cured all that on another board by hitting quote, cutting, and pasting the entire PM/Email for all to see on that forum.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/15/13 07:12 PM
FYI - Ed put his hand up this morning and received my full attention when he sent me a PM..."and my lawyer advised me"...blah blah.

Therefore - He is on vacation for a month to reevaluate his level of participation.

I would appreciate it if you guys would just get on with SXS discussions and leave "currently" non participating parties out of the discussions.

Last couple days of muzzle loader season in NY I'm heading out in an hour to freeze my butt off till dark (only have a doe tag left but they are mighty tasty!)....Please play nice in my absence.
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/15/13 09:59 PM
Good man Mr Weber,
I believe you must have the patience of a saint, to let some of us play in your lovely sandbox...glad that you will , now n again throw out the people who shit in it,...
But Bg..all you have to do to remove yourself is don't visit his place...don't need Dave for that, right?
merry christmas
franc
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/15/13 11:35 PM
Ditto what Franc said.

Hope you got your deer.

Thanks!
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/15/13 11:41 PM
Under "My Stuff" you can find a button to turn off PMs, useful until the storm passes. Your email probably can be set to divert anything from an unwanted sender to "spam".
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 01:54 PM
Dave you let the internet bullies on this site win...
Posted By: pooch Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 02:21 PM
Mr Webber, this really an outstanding web site. You have drawn people from all over the world, expert to novice to write about old guns. No small achievement. You have reason to be proud of your accomplishment. Thanks.
Posted By: Cary Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 04:00 PM
Originally Posted By: pooch
Mr Webber, this really an outstanding web site. You have drawn people from all over the world, expert to novice to write about old guns. No small achievement. You have reason to be proud of your accomplishment. Thanks.

You don't have to spend too much time on the other sites to see the truth of what you said. Thanks Dave.

Alonzo Tubbs
Posted By: jeweler Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 06:30 PM
Did I miss something somewhere? What happened?
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 07:07 PM
Monty, our "friend" Ed Good has been threatening everyone with libel, slander, rape, you name it. Fortunately, he has been banned from this board for a month (let's hope for an extension) but this new member got buggered by Ed's threats.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Fortunately, he has been banned from this board for a month (let's hope for an extension) but this new member got buggered by Ed's threats.

Translation for our British members: In Texas when a horse gets startled he was "buggered". When you are riding a nervous horse and his ears are rotating right and left he is "looking for buggers".

Best,

Mike
Posted By: James M Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 09:38 PM
Boy Ed has been a PITA but I guess I didn't realize how much of a pain he was till now!! eek
Jim
Buggery definition:
The British English term buggery is very close in meaning to the term sodomy, and is often used interchangeably in law and popular speech. It may also be a specific common law offence, encompassing both sodomy and bestiality.
Posted By: skeettx Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 10:02 PM
Isn't the English language a funny thing?
smile
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/16/13 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By: italiansxs

Buggery definition:
The British English term buggery is very close in meaning to the term sodomy, and is often used interchangeably in law and popular speech. It may also be a specific common law offence, encompassing both sodomy and bestiality.

Now that you mention it.

I see nothing inconsistent with this definition...

And what ed good has done to his customers for years.

(not to mention this BBS)
Posted By: Nick. C Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 12:05 AM
Thanks Mike, the next time I see a horse doing that, I'll just keep my head down and walk away. Looks like I've been rumbled. I'm buggered if I know how though.
I've noticed the word here a lot as in.
'Some home loader has buggered it'
It always makes me grin, but I know what they're saying.
Posted By: skeettx Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 12:27 AM
Another American saying
'Some home loader has buggered it'

In this case, buggered means messed up or fouled up or made a mistake.

Mike
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 01:52 AM
Mike,

I think horses are looking for "boogers", as in "boogymen", not "buggers". Not to be confused with those ever present nose ornaments, of course.

SRH
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 02:03 AM
Well, they may spell it different in Georgia. grin
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 02:38 AM
"Americans and British are one people separated only by a common language." Winston Churchill

We Texans have taken it a might bit further.....
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 02:57 AM
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

Not likely. Boogie, woogie. Piano blues that originated around Caddo Lake in .........guess where?

TEXAS!!!! whistle

SRH
Posted By: Rocketman Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 03:41 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave Weber

I would appreciate it if you guys would just get on with SXS discussions and leave "currently" non participating parties out of the discussions. Sage advise!!!
Last couple days of muzzle loader season in NY I'm heading out in an hour to freeze my butt off till dark (only have a doe tag left but they are mighty tasty!)....Please play nice in my absence.

Now, the last two lines caused me a real start!! Reason being that I misread "doe" as "dog". Hunting with dog tags seemed a bit strange, but it was the last two words that took my breath away.

DDA
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 04:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike

Not likely. Boogie, woogie. Piano blues that originated around Caddo Lake in .........guess where?

TEXAS!!!! whistle

SRH

Well if we misspelled it Joe started it off wrong so it is his fault!

Rocket dog season isn't until March.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/17/13 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Rocketman
Originally Posted By: Dave Weber

Please play nice in my absence.

but it was the last two words that took my breath away.

DDA

You mean the part where he was telling all the little grown up whiney punk childrenz to behave while he was away.
Posted By: xs hedspace Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/18/13 01:48 PM
Boogie woogie piano blues is not to be confused with jazz, which Jelly Roll Morton claimed to have invented. He was also afflicted with some brain problem, which nowadays is cured by penicillin. Hope you got some meat in the freezer, Dave.
"In charge but not resposible" There rarely exists a power vacuum in any human enterprise. If Dave doesn't manage his site, others will. About every 6 months someone posts there are fed up with doublegunshop.com and are leaving. Everyone knows who the trouble makers are and they have been around for years. Dave is unwise to let it continue and should have put an end to it long ago. Remember what happened to King David when he failed to discipline Absalom. Don't get mad at the troublemakers. If you want to solve the problem, remember it at donation drive time.
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/18/13 07:22 PM
I've never seen "buggered" used in any way that could not be considered an extended definition of the original English. Those comments here included. Some of you folks need to get a linguistic grip, by golly! Gosh darn language stuff! Sometimes it's hard to believe that Lenny Bruce was even around.

I don't really understand completely what im above is saying. "Don't get mad at the troublemakers" seems somehow wrong what with other posters playing the role of King David. I do agree that our Dave could be a bit harsher now and then, but the if the community simply ignored the comments of the deranged it would be a lot easier. I know that there are a couple people who post here that are just too stupid to bear and I just don't read their crap. Pretty easy actually.

Anyway, good on ya, Dave!!

have a day -

Dr.WtS
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/18/13 07:31 PM
What Wonko said. I have had Ed Good messages Ignored for many months now. Easy. I guess that is the reason I didn't know the idiot had apparently gone over the edge, if I am reading these posts to include Dave's correctly.
Posted By: Pete Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/18/13 10:58 PM
hehe, I remember when Wonko was regarded as less than a full deck! Anyways, this site has been around a long time and I got here around post #200 on the original site. The information available in that time has been a true treat to observe. The Fac forum gives you a bit of insight as to what is sometimes freely given. If you read all these for 2-3 years, you will know more than the majority of shotgun "experts". I'll always be grateful for the insight and commaraderie I have experienced here. Many thanks to Dave, Oscar, the Ol curmudgeon, etc.
Hi Wonko. What I am saying is that it is foolish on Dave's part to let certain individuals ruin what he has worked so hard to build.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/18/13 11:40 PM
Actually I.M., it really isn't the idiot posters that ruin a site like this. Dave gave us the "ignore" function for any poster here. Sooooo, that sorta tells me that the ruination of the site comes when some (of us, yes, me included) often just can't ignore. We just have to "get back" and the rest of the story is quite predictable. I have been a member of this site for many years now. Thanks to it I got "back" into doubles when I bought a double from my correspondence with Dale Dalrymple on this very site. I have learned and continue to learn, just as Pete stated above. I think Dave does an excellent job and would not agree that his leniency is in any way part of the problem since he gave us the tools to fight with. Anyway, I would encourage you to research and implement that "ignore" function and remain a member and contributor to what I consider to be the best and most informative site of its type in existence on the internet today. Give it some thought!!
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/18/13 11:42 PM
PS
Pete, I too remember when Wonko's mental capabilities were seriously questioned, practically on a daily basis!!! Of course, anyone who has ever actually met Charles like I had the privilege of doing at one of the Beinfield shows in Vegas knows that those questions are unfounded!! BTW, can anyone remember and list all the names that Wonko has used since his entry onto this board??????
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 01:23 AM
It's the internet fer cryin' out loud! It's not like it stays on your permanent resume or something. Cinch up your big boy panties and get over it.
Posted By: Brian Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 02:15 AM
This site is like a barbeque. All guests have an open invitation to come. some are great, some are jerks, some are quiet, some are loud, some are genial, some are engaging, some are wall flowers. Takes all kinds. and just like if you got invited to a barbeque, you don't choose who else gets invited. the host does. if you don't like certain guests at the barbeque, ignore them, or leave or argue with them. or kick their butts (literally or figuratively) Everyone here makes a choice.
Dont get me wrong, the crap that has been going on here with certain posters is annoying and usually uncalled for. but to insist that the host of the party remove guests that he invited is inappropriate.
I have never been to a party (other than one I held) where I had a say in who was invited, who stayed and who went. I could complain to the host, that is my prerogative, I could ignore that person I didn't like, I could call them out and deal with it out behind the barn or I could leave.
But I have the choice to do what I think is best for me, not them.
Posted By: Wonko the Sane Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 03:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
PS
Pete, I too remember when Wonko's mental capabilities were seriously questioned, practically on a daily basis!!! Of course, anyone who has ever actually met Charles like I had the privilege of doing at one of the Beinfield shows in Vegas knows that those questions are unfounded!! BTW, can anyone remember and list all the names that Wonko has used since his entry onto this board??????

Which was why, finally realizing that I was likely the only contributing member that was tainted by actual learning and sanity, that I adopted Wonko the Sane for the very reasons the original Wonko did.

hey, Perry! gonna hit Vegas in Jan?

have a day

Dr.WtS
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 01:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
[quote=Perry M. Kissam]
...Which was why, finally realizing that I was likely the only contributing member that was tainted by actual learning and sanity, that I adopted Wonko the Sane for the very reasons the original Wonko did.

have a day

Dr.WtS

Nothing too conceited, arrogant or condescending about that thought...

God bless us, every one!

(have a coronary)
Posted By: King Brown Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 03:08 PM
Okay, I will, both.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 06:05 PM
I am going to try this year. I haven't been in a few years but I would like to go again if for no other reason just to reconnect with some old internet friends and to see how all of THEM have aged!!!! If I go I will let you know and perhaps we can share a few stories. Take care Charles and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
Thanks Perry. I have been using the ignore function for about 3 years now.
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/19/13 10:57 PM
Well excellent!! Given this I have to admit I am now really not sure why you wish to be taken off the site just because of Ed Good???? Whatever. Each man makes his own decision. Best to you IM.
I'm not asking to be taken off. You are getting me confused w/ guy who wrote this thread.
Posted By: Pete Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/20/13 10:14 PM
Of course, if you have ever SEEN Chas (alias WtS, etc), he looks SO old he might not make it the next month to the Vegas show.
Posted By: steve white Re: PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SITE - 12/24/13 03:21 AM
Folks who let cyber personalities work their last nerve should call 1 800-wah wah. jmho
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com