doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: riflecat Tulsa Show Advice - 03/26/07 10:24 PM
I am hoping to attend the upcoming Tulsa gun show for the first time and wonder if any of you have some advice to maximize my enjoyment of this event I have heard so much about. I am not shopping for anything specific, but I will have a bottom-feeding amount of cash in case something too good to pass up materializes.
Posted By: dogon Re: Tulsa Show Advice - 03/26/07 10:49 PM
The Tulsa show is big! Wear comfortable shoes and lite clothing. Last year the A/C didn't work and it was un-bearably hot. Get there real early to get a good parking place and plan on the whole day. Carry a note book with you and wright down the location of something that interests you or you may not find it again. Carry cell phone's if your with someone in case you get split up.

Over-all have fun and bring plenty of cash?
Posted By: gunny Re: Tulsa Show Advice - 03/27/07 04:21 PM
Dogon are you going with anyone. I plan on going and have a empty car and would welcome company and driving relief.
Posted By: Black Forest HP Re: Tulsa Show Advice - 03/27/07 04:36 PM
Good shoes is the best advice. If you walked all the rows just one time, you end up covering well over 10 miles on concrete.

This show is as good as it gets. I have stopped attending other shows since I stated going to Tulsa. Nothing else even compares.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Tulsa Show Advice - 03/27/07 05:23 PM
The county has been spending some money on upgrades at the Expo Square.But there are still issues like the leaky roof that plagued me at a show I set up at a few weeks ago. Bell's Amusement Park is moving off of the property, So hopefully parking will improve at future shows. The main problem is that they generally have several events scheduled the same weekend which compounds the traffic problems. They will have shuttles running from the parking lots adjacent to the race track.Be prepared for rain, it seems it is in the forecast everyday with possible severe storms.I don't think you can get to the show early enough to avoid standing in line. So be prepared! Watch out for the ubiquitous "zip ties" that all guns will need to wear. The ham fisted security people will cinch them down without mercy.There is a widening project on I-44 so be prepared for delays.The best entrance to the Fairgrounds is off of 15th Street between Yale and Harvard. I suggest you avoid the 21st and Yale intersection which leads to the main entrance to the fairgrounds.I guess I'll drag around some trading material and at least $20.00 in cash, just in case I run into a nice Model 21!!
I hope everyone finds a prize.

Best regards,
Ken

PS
I think if they have one more accidental discharge, this show could be history.
Posted By: dogon Re: Tulsa Show Advice - 03/27/07 10:11 PM
Gunny, I'm driving down with a carload of buddies. We do this show every year and have the same tables. We'll be at the bottom of the stairs on the end cap next to the vanilla lady.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Tulsa Show Advice - 03/28/07 12:54 AM
If you are going to try to see the entire show without a bathroom break you better get some of those NASA diapers. You know the ones which last for hundreds of miles or thousands of tables.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com