doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: marty weatherup Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 02:47 AM
I picked up this cool piece of field artillery yesterday, a 10 gauge Beretta SxS, and am curious about the chokes. I assume it is modified and full but am not certain. the right barrel mikes .741 at the muzzle and the left barrel .731. The right barrel flat has the letters PSI above the word choke and the left one finito. Here's a few pics. Thanks in advance guys.

Posted By: marty weatherup Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 03:09 AM
I guess I should have done a choke specs search before I posted. I did a search and it looks like it's more like a full and extra full.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 03:20 AM
19.6 mm is 0.77"

.036 .046

full fuller
Posted By: Virginian Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 10:29 AM
Nice looking gun. I hate to nitpick, but is that a crack in the right chamber at the rear?
Posted By: 2-piper Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 11:00 AM
Mine or someones math is not jiving. For 19.6mm I get .772" rounded to 3 decimal places. Chokes @ .741 & .731 give constrictions of .031" Rt & .041" left. I would call that 3/4 & Full.
I don't believe the PSI & Finito have any reference to the chokes. As I recall finito shows it was proofed i a finished state, don't recall what the PSI is.
Posted By: Shotgunjones Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 01:08 PM
Miller's right.

It was late, and I punched .776 into my brain.

That's not a crack.

Zoom in and it's an engraving pattern.

Same thing on the left side, though harder to see in the pix.
Posted By: Ron Overberg Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 05:15 PM
Very nice gun. It has the best frame with an angle at the top. This frame is the least likely to crack the wood. The PS1 I believe is a PSF for "Polvere Sensa Fuma" which is a smokeless powder proof.
Ron
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/11/14 06:39 PM
Just one star above the PSF means standard proof. Two stars, superior/magnum proof. The AB makes yours a 1976 gun.
Posted By: marty weatherup Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/12/14 06:08 AM
Thanks guys for all the help. It is PSF after looking at it with a 5x loupe. It has one star above the PSF and on the other side above the "finito" it has two stars. Have to use the loupe to make them out though. No it's not a crack. I'll post a better picture tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Been on the road from 0700 to 2130. I am beat.
Posted By: marty weatherup Re: Beretta SxS choke question - 08/12/14 02:35 PM
As promised here's a couple of close ups of the side of the barrel at the receiver.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com