doublegunshop.com - home
I am trying to find contact info for a British gunsmith by the name of Dick Castleton. Have searched the net and telephone directories but have not found anything.

Anyone know or heard of Dick Castleton? Any info would be appreciated.

SL
These may be able to help: http://www.guntradeassociation.co.uk/ Lagopus.....
Not heard of the gent in question . Any other info that might help locate him ?
A gunmaker named Richard Casleton (I've been told he's very particular about spelling his last name without a 't') is Head of Gunmaking and one of the founding partners of Joseph Manton London (www.josephmantonlondon.com). I think this is the person you want. Try writing or phoning Ian Spencer http://www.josephmantonlondon.com/contact-us/ - he's an exceptionally nice person and I'm sure will set you on the right track.
That "t" in the name made all the difference.

Thank you all, and especially Humpty, for the help. Now I am on the right track.

SL
Is the reactivated Joseph Manton London firm still in business?

Several years ago they had a bar-in-wood trigger plate gun named The Signature that looked interesting.

I tried their website this morning and it appears to be inactive.

Thanks
Hi Shotgunlover Dick Casleton is a friend of mine he is no longer involved in the Joseph Manton name, that is now owned By Ian Spencer P.M me if you want his contact details or Dicks. I now own the John Manton gunmakers name so he will be making a come back very soon with the first gun well on the way. I do not know how to add pictures but once I have worked that out we will started posting some pictures.
Paul;

I hope you do well in this venture.

Your barrel blacking is superb.
Thank you Bushveld for your kind comment.
barrel browner, any chance you have Manton records ? Lots of mysteries there.
Hi Daryl, The only records I know of are those listed in the Neal and Back books, I have been trying to find a picture / portrait of John Manton there is one of Joseph but we have yet to find one of John. I think when we get a web page sorted we could set up something to start logging all the guns, it will not solve the mysteries but may uncover a few more of these beautifully made guns.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com