doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: GrouseGunner RST Paper loads for grouse? - 08/25/14 04:23 PM
I am somewhat intrigued by the rst paper loads. Can anyone tell me anything negative or positive about them?
Posted By: Garbi Re: RST Paper loads for grouse? - 08/25/14 04:30 PM
I have a buddy who shoots the 16 gauge paper load and loves them. I shoot the 1 ounce plastic load and have used it for everything from targets to birds. Everything they make is top notch.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: RST Paper loads for grouse? - 08/25/14 06:59 PM
I have 5 12 gauge LC Smith shotguns- all pre-1913- two have Damascus barrels, the rest have Crown or Nitro steel barrels- Even though Hunter Arms 12 gauge shotguns back then were chambered for 2 & 3/4" (whereas the Parker and Fox 12 bores were chambered for 2 & 5/8" shells) and the pre-1913 guns generally did not show the stock head splitting at the locks, as sometimes found with later Smith guns-- I use RST 2.5" 1 ounce loads EXCLUSIVELY in my Smith guns. I also have a 12 Smith Longrange ejector gun made in 1930- and I use RST 2 & 3/4" non-toxic loads in that for waterfowl hunting.

I first met Alex Papp and his charming wife Jill at the Sagola (MI) clays shoot in June 2010. Morris Baker was not able to attend, but we shared some nice phone chats about our mutual ove of vaporizing woodchucks and prairie dogs at long ranges with accurate varmint rifles- I am a DU Sponsor and a member of our area Banquet Committee, and when I asked RST for a donation, they came through, and in a generous manner. They waited until they could get the exact powders and components to get back into production, due to the recent market shortages, and they either do it right, or they wait to have it 100% right, so I heartily endorse them.

Try to contact either Remington or Winchester or Federal and develop that kind of personal relationship with their computer answering machines- It's RST for me, and if flies, it dies.
Posted By: skeettx Re: RST Paper loads for grouse? - 08/25/14 07:29 PM
I like them and they reload quite well

Posted By: gspspinone Re: RST Paper loads for grouse? - 08/26/14 12:45 AM
I use them in 20 and 16.... Pattern great, harvest effectively and smell great to boot.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: RST Paper loads for grouse? - 08/27/14 12:49 AM
I use RST shells and like them a lot.

In regard to Skeettx post - on more than one occasion I have been shooting sporting clays and found that the folks shooting behind me were gathering up my spent RST shells for the purpose of reloading.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com