doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Tim Carney Dallas on John Dickson - 12/05/14 06:05 PM
Dallas' new book on Dickson arrived a few days ago and is a worthy treatment of that firm. An appendix has a full list of serial numbers and their original specifications. Details at www.donalddallas.com/dickson.html

Best of the Season,
Tim
Posted By: Mike Rowe Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/06/14 01:06 AM
I received my copy today, luckily I have just finished reading the new Daniel Fraser book, so I'm right into the Dickson one.
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/06/14 04:12 PM
A Fraser book? Cool...that's another I have to buy.

I picked up the Dickson book. Mr Dallas said it's on its way.

Thanks for the heads up.

Speaking of books, has anyone read this one:

The Art of the Gunsmith: The Shotgun, by Lewis Potter

Thanks

OWD
Posted By: lagopus Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/07/14 06:39 PM
I have the Dickson book on order direct. £60 plus £16 post and package.

Mike, can you post details of the Daniel Fraser book please as I would be interested in obtaining one?

Lewis Potter's book is more for the gun tinkerer than the gun historian. I'm sure some would find it interesting though. Lagopus.....
Posted By: craigd Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/07/14 06:53 PM
Not mike here, but the Fraser book by Kirton can be found on the bay or places like amazon. Should be able to track it back to the publisher to see how to get it in your neck of the woods.
Posted By: Mike Rowe Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/07/14 11:23 PM
I got my copy from Joe Salter. If you'll go to Gunsinternational and type "Fraser" into the search box, his add for the book will come up.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/08/14 09:38 AM
Donald send me a copy a month or so ago. I'm enjoying it - thorough as always, he is a good historian and Dickson is a firm he is passionate about. Since he retired, he has taken to spending his time in the Dickson shop, thoroughly enjoying himself.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/08/14 01:41 PM
Thanks Craig/Mike. I'll check with my local book dealers and see if they can get it. Do you have the ISBN number?

Small bore, I think our American friends would call that being a 'Kid in a candy store'. I didn't know that he had retired. Last time I spoke to him he was still teaching history. Nice fellow. Dickson book now on order. Lagopus.....
Posted By: craigd Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/08/14 02:34 PM
lagopus, I believe it's ISBN 978-0-9907439-0-3. If the interest is there, both are great books.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Dallas on John Dickson - 12/08/14 04:29 PM
Thanks. I will be at the bookshop tomorrow and will check it out. Lagopus.....
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com