doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: mark SAVE THE DATE FOR THE GREAT NORTHERN SXS SHOOT - 01/10/15 02:17 PM

The date is set (June 18th-21st 2015) and the website is updated .Lots of new stuff this year. The MRC boys are adding a 4th day to the shoot. Main event is still Sat and Sun. Open shooting on Thursday and Friday. The pigeon ring is being updated and it sound like a hoot.
New side events are under development. I will sponsor the Flurry again this year and it will be shot on Friday. Be sure to stick around Friday afternoon for show and tell and a cook out BYOM(Bring your own meat). Bring your favorite shooting iron or something odd and unusual to show around. A double rifle demo is also in the works. Also new this year is the Makers Challenge. When you shoot Clays on Saturday be sure to put down the make of the gun you are shooting. The 6 highest scores from each maker will be added up. The highest total will determine the winners. MRC will provide space this year for collector organizations to display free of charge.

For more info and to apply go to http://mrcsportsmansclub.com

See you all there!!

Mark
Will there be score keepers at each & every station on Saturday for Makers Challenge? It was talked that a certain makers team cheated for the win at a self scoring shoot in the east last year. Score keepers keep every one honest.
OJ no score keepers needed. The G.N. shooters are Ladies and Gentlemen of the highest order.

For more on the G.N. their is now a Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Northern-SXS-Classic/697279117036268
Mark is quite correct it is a weekend of great fellowship and the great good fun of shooting with like minded shooters of guns with the correct barrel orientation. MKII
Gentlemen of highest order were also at east shoot last year. One more question, will shooters be identified by name or number?
All shooter have a badge with a name and number.
If you mean when the scores are posted on the website after the shoot: the tradition has always been that scores are posted by shooter number. But if you're there, you will know who was high gun. That'll be the individual who walks up and takes first pick from the prize guns. The other guns are awarded via the Lewis Class system, which means that even if you don't shoot very well, you still have a chance to win a gun. (I've come very close a couple times--not to being high gun, but to winning a Lewis class. My astrologer tells me this is my year!)

Another good thing about awarding prizes via Lewis: Even with self-scoring, people are less likely to cheat. (And it isn't really self-scoring. You're part of a squad, and you have a fellow squad member recording hits and misses when you shoot. And the squad makes the determination if there's any question of a hit or a miss.) But an extra target here or there would make no difference, unless you're one of the few contending for high gun. Give yourself an extra target, you might end up at the bottom of the next higher Lewis class instead of at the top of the lower one.

Really great event!
I will see you there!
MRC runs a great shoot, and every year they make improvements.
I would like to encourage all interested in vintage SXS to look at their web site, better yet drive over and see what all the smiling is all about.
Registration has begun!

https://www.facebook.com/697279117036268...e=1&theater

http://mrcsportsmansclub.com/
If you don't live on the East Coast, it's the premier sxs event of the year. (And it's cheaper that the ones on the East Coast!)
Applications are coming in daily. I sent mine today!
I attended last year for the first time and this is now my most coveted annual event. I have also attended the MRC Busless 300. This club is a hidden gem in the Northwoods.
No Busless in May this year, Fanugee. I think there will be a similar event in August or early September.
Thanks L Brown
Looking back at my notes we attended the Bruce Jari 300 Shoot that was held annually in September. The Busless 300 was held in May which sometimes featured snow so we opted for the fall shoot. Great club and great people.
I understand it's still scheduled for late Aug or Sept, but I can't get their events calendar to work. The May date for the Busless would have conflicted with the Wisconsin Iron Man this year, which was moved back a week in an attempt to avoid snow. Not that that always works in northern WI!

You are right about the club and the people!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com