doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Stallones Cornell Publications - 02/08/15 06:42 PM

I know many of us suscribe to Cornells newsletter. If not,it is worth viewing.

http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1412280523
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Cornell Publications - 02/08/15 07:27 PM
That Lars Andersen is almost unbelievable. Makes my sporting clays shooting look like crap.

Thanks for that link, Leighton.

SRH
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Cornell Publications - 02/10/15 04:39 PM
Cornell's repro catalogs are a mine of information, and fun to boot. (As long as you don't look at the prices....).
Posted By: Fanugee Re: Cornell Publications - 02/13/15 05:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Stallones

I know many of us suscribe to Cornells newsletter. If not,it is worth viewing.

http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1412280523

Thank you I just subscribed and ordered a catalog.
Posted By: Fanugee Re: Cornell Publications - 02/23/15 06:57 PM
Thanks again for the info.
I received my first purchase and was a bit disappointed. The quality is good however the content was not what I expected. Perhaps my misunderstanding? have requestd a refund and now will see if the customer service is worthy of the website.
Posted By: Fanugee Re: Cornell Publications - 02/23/15 07:42 PM
Excellent customer service. I Just received a confirmation email with my refund.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Cornell Publications - 02/23/15 08:33 PM
Fanugee, I noticed your last line. If you accumulate enough of those vintage Cornell gun catalogs and carefully mark the original prices of the guns in your collection she will know just what to charge when you're gone!...Geo
Posted By: old colonel Re: Cornell Publications - 02/23/15 10:53 PM
I have found them useful. They unfortunately do not always know enough about the contents of their different listings to answer questions, so it is a crap shoot if it is worth buying or not.

On the whole I will buy from them again
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Cornell Publications - 02/23/15 11:09 PM
I have dealt wit Abby for a quite a few years. Her reproduction catalogs are exact copies of originals that people send in and they copy the original on a special copier. They do not add anything to it, and if the catalog does not have a date, and you tell them it is from a certain year they will put that year for that catalog.

I get the repro catalogs for L.C. Smith because I cannot afford the real ones and many times the same cover was used for various catalogs, so you have to know when these changes took place to get the right catalog.
I'm sure their other catalogs are based on the originals also.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Cornell Publications - 02/24/15 12:32 AM
I've received a few of the Cornell catalogs that had hand written annotations in the margins which cleared up some of the content and translated some of the foreign language. I presume the notations were made by the owners of the originals...Geo
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Cornell Publications - 02/24/15 01:36 AM
Lots of folks apparently don't read or pay attention to the Cornell offerings, and then complain that they didn't get what they thought they were getting. Cornell states very plainly that they offer COPIES of original catalogs, etc., but apparently some people think they're going to receive an original or some sort of high dollar exact reproduction for their 10 bucks. Yeah, right.

They can't - nor should they be expected to - know the contents of everything they offer.

Like JDW said, their productions are a great source of information at a very reasonable price, but they are not in themselves collector's items, nor should anyone expect them to be; they are what they are. I've been dealing with them for years as well, and Abby's a hoot; I love to read the Rants & Raves in their newsletter each month.
Posted By: John Can. Re: Cornell Publications - 02/24/15 02:10 AM
I've used Cornell on several occassions and have a number of repro. catalogues from there. I find them very useful for "research" purposes - especially when I run out of options on some aspect of a firearm. In particular, I was able to establish that a Bonehill Matthew Eclipse was in fact a separate Model & not "Grade" for some
other model produced by Bonehill. It took awhile but I got there through Cornell Pub. Fwiw --- John
Posted By: Fanugee Re: Cornell Publications - 02/26/15 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: old colonel
I have found them useful. They unfortunately do not always know enough about the contents of their different listings to answer questions, so it is a crap shoot if it is worth buying or not.

On the whole I will buy from them again

+1
Posted By: lrh Re: Cornell Publications - 02/28/15 01:53 AM
I have ordered catalogs from them and have been satisfied with the product. I expected I would never run across an original Baker catalog from the early 1900's and even if I did I probably wouldn't have wanted to pay the price for it. I was pleased to be able to get the repro version.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com