doublegunshop.com - home
My old chronograph has gone out. When I started researching new ones I came across this one:

http://www.magnetospeed.com/pages/tech-info

I am going to work up some reloads for a new-to-me Parker GH 28 ga. Apparently this one just velcroes to the barrel and then measures the velocity by the disturbance in the magnetic field it generates (I think).

Thanks!
I would call them and make sure that "adapter" will work with a SxS. They're rather vague, at least what I looked at.
How much for the system? I'll keep what I have for now. With the baffle it works well for my shotgun needs.
Originally Posted By: Virginian
I would call them and make sure that "adapter" will work with a SxS. They're rather vague, at least what I looked at.

Between images of shotgun & custom applications it sounds as possible fit. whether the basic setup will work on a double gun (SxS, O/U) would seem to depend on if the standard mounting strap is long enough to wrap around both barrels along with the shim. If so, then you would be able to get a valid reading on both barrels without re-positioning the mount.

If not, the custom version could take care of that or have a bench/table/etc mount made.

Looks as if the regular price is $399. There was a pre-release version for half that but they have sold out of that run.
As a rifle shooter I use a cronograph when I do load development and would not want something attached to the barrel that could affect the accuracy of the load. Shotguns are a different beast and the idea of this new design seems to work.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com