doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Crowley CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/06/15 07:15 PM
Today is Saturday and I cannot ship to CSMC until Monday.

This gun is quite accurate and is very good at close fast targets in sporting clays as well as tower pheasants, until today. The trigger pull on the left bbl doubled. Using an RCBS spring scale and taking the average of five pulls for each trigger, the pulls went from 3.5lbs rt bbl to 6.5 lbs lt bbl!
From day one this sxs has had very even trigger pulls at 3.5 lbs each.

What could have happened in the eight months it has not been used?
danc
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/06/15 09:44 PM
Congealed grease?...Geo
Posted By: gunut Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/06/15 10:03 PM
soft sear???
Posted By: Crowley Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/06/15 10:27 PM
Geo
Grease? After 100 shots, I don't think it possible. This is my only boxlock of 9 sxs guns and the only one I have never taken apart and that for fear of losing the warranty or being told I did it.
Lubrication consists of cleaning and oiling the exterior of the action and fore end. I once had a 1969 Win Mod 21 that I used for 11 years for trap and sporting without a problem or any additional oiling. Oh well
danc
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/07/15 12:51 AM
metal/wood chip, common dirt?
bill
Posted By: John Roberts Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/07/15 01:02 AM
CSMC has not mastered single triggers on sxs's yet. I've sent them my 21 I bought from them twice with trigger/selector problems, and 2 or 3 different RBL 12's back with trigger problems.
JR
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/07/15 10:56 PM
Crowley,

Best of luck with your repair.

My CSMC Model 21 has been back 12 times for various repairs. I keep their address shipping label template on my desk top. Sent it back 4 times last year to repair the forend lug and also had trigger (failure to fire) and ejectors problems. They did finally repair the forend lug but still having intermittent trigger and ejector concerns. Have left it in the safe for the past 6 months hoping to limp thru a couple SxS shoots this summer.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/07/15 11:29 PM
Tim, what do they say? If anything. Any apologies or offers to replace?
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: CSMC MOD 21 Trigger - 06/08/15 01:02 AM
Mr Wood.

Probably best to just say that it has been more than a little frustrating. Definitely no apologies or offers to replace.

tim
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com