doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gunluvr Charles Daly - 06/19/15 07:25 PM
Does anyone here know who made the boxlocks sxs's for Charles Daly in the 60's -70's. I seem to remember, it might be Webley in the U.K. How wrong am I?
Posted By: Tim Frazier Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 07:35 PM
Miroku made the 500 series for them. I have also seen a few, well one, that was not a 500 but was made by Miroku as well but had a cut out receiver, coils springs (like a BSS) but double triggers. It was not up to the quality of the earlier or latter BSS guns though.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 07:35 PM
I am not aware of any record of Webley being involved with Daly. By that time Webley was a small operation and would not have been able to fill a large order such as Daly would probably give.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 07:38 PM
Weren't they sourced to Spain for a while?
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 07:47 PM
Dalys have been sourced from all over (never from England to my knowledge), but I believe the 60-70s guns were Mirokus...Geo
Posted By: gunut Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 07:49 PM
I thought it was Italy....I know they had some cheaper Italian made O/Us for a while after the Miroku made guns...
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 08:04 PM
I almost said "Spain or Italy". The ones I saw were pretty rough.
Posted By: ed good Re: Charles Daly - 06/19/15 08:14 PM
barrel proof marks should reveal the origin of a particular gun.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Charles Daly - 06/22/15 12:19 PM
There was an Empire Grade Daly made by Beretta during that time period. I also have vague memories of another Daly I saw that came from Italy (maker unknown) at that time. But the most likely candidates for 60's-70's Dalys would certainly be either Miroku or Beretta. The Spanish Dalys came a good bit later.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Charles Daly - 06/22/15 06:47 PM
The Daly Empire by Beretta is a nice gun for the money. They are essentially a GR-3, but with a nicer trigger guard.
http://www.dismalriverarmory.com/dalyberettagr312mim.html
JR
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com