doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gunman Any one buying - 10/07/15 06:24 PM
Any one been waving their arms about at Julia's auctions ?
Had a chance to look at the catalogues and there was indeed some amazing stuff .
Posted By: ed good Re: Any one buying - 10/07/15 06:59 PM
amazing amounts being bid, as well...
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Any one buying - 10/07/15 07:02 PM
I have a friend who called me yesterday and he had bought two English Bests.
He indicated other English guns went sort of low he thought.
Not up to speed on other species of guns.
Posted By: Berrien Moore Re: Any one buying - 10/07/15 08:02 PM
I bid (unsuccessfully) on the Harrington & Richardson (#2398) that was built under license with Westley Richards. It is a most interesting shotgun and hopefully it went to a member of this Board.

Berrien
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Any one buying - 10/07/15 08:10 PM
One of the founding father's of our organization passed away last December and along with other shotguns there were quite a few of his Remington 1889's for auction at Julia's.
These had been on display showing Grades 1-7 at the Remington Museum. The Grade 7 is one of four known to exist. Also in the collection was a rare 16 gauge 1889.
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Any one buying - 10/07/15 08:18 PM
PAULUNC-

Which British guns did your friend buy, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

OWD
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Any one buying - 10/07/15 09:15 PM
IMO the offerings at Julia's the last few auctions have been smoking Holts in terms of quality.

Did not bid on anything this auction. Not that there wasn't some things I was interested in - just too busy to participate.
Posted By: Berrien Moore Re: Any one buying - 10/08/15 02:20 AM
IMO a significant difference between Julia's Firearms Auction and all!! other auctions is the quality, knowledge, and honesty of the catalogue.

Berrien
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Any one buying - 10/08/15 10:09 AM
He bought the Boss 20 bore with the stock extension which he will remendy preety quick.
And he bought the Aspry 12 bore which he says is just a Hollanad Royal with a different name.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Any one buying - 10/08/15 11:32 AM
I had my eye on the 27" Woodward as well as my friend. I should have bid on the gun. Oh well maybe it will turn up one day.
Posted By: ClaysII Re: Any one buying - 10/08/15 11:44 AM
There was an Ithaca 5E 12 bore fully optioned 32" gun, lot #1658. Anyone know what it brought. I did manage to acquire a M-21 20 bore from the auction via Verizon...
Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles Re: Any one buying - 10/08/15 01:07 PM
Yeah - I saw those guns. The Boss was decent. The Asprey was a good deal.

Thanks,

OWD
Posted By: Chantry Re: Any one buying - 10/08/15 02:25 PM
There were a couple of British hammer guns I looked at, but all went for more then I could afford to spend right now. The CG Bonehill was very nice.
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: Any one buying - 11/02/15 01:50 PM
I believe the H & R went for somewhat over $ 3000.00 with additional buyers premium. I guess a few folks read Dewey's comments on American boxlocks.

H&R - Strictly from a quality standpoint, the finest shotgun made in America, at the time. This was the only gun actually built under license from Westley Richards rather than designed to get around a patent.
Sadly, there are too few of them to be concerned with.

Best regards,
JBP
Posted By: WagonWillie Re: Any one buying - 11/02/15 03:14 PM
The Ithaca 5E went for $9,200, including the buyer's premium. I bid on the C G Bonehill, but it went for $100 more than my self imposed limit....
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com