doublegunshop.com - home
http://www.cabelas.com/product/shooting/ammunition/shotgun-ammunition%7C/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104567580/herter-s-reg-field-and-target-loads-150-per-case/1545677.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshotgun-ammunition%2F_%2FN-1100191%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104567580

$27.99/Case
Thanks Ken.
Order placed with free shipping to boot!
Does anybody know what hulls these are for reloading?

8 cases for < 250. Its a no brainer.
Me too. Thanks! Ends tonight...Geo
Thanks for the link Ken. If you order 4 cases (150 per) you get free shipping, putting them at $4.66/box. But, they are only 1060 fps.

You can also get 1 oz. RIO loads at 1280 fps from Academy at $5.49/box.

SRH
Velocity is 1050, one ounce of shot
I ordered 8 cases: Tax and all $242.40 delivered to my front door smile
Sweet
Mike

Memo says:

Herter's
Herter's® Field and Target Loads – Per Case

Loaded to the highest standards in consistency and reliability
Quality powders, shot and hulls are great for the range or the field
25 rounds per box and 10 boxes per case
AWESOME! Thanks alot of the heads up.... I went a little crazy and just ordered 21 cases to stock up... you can't beat $2.79/box!!!!

Adam
Nope the ad says a case is 10 boxes 25 shells per box and the box pictured says 1290 fps...Geo

"Herter's® Field and Target Loads – Per Case

Loaded to the highest standards in consistency and reliability
Quality powders, shot and hulls are great for the range or the field
25 rounds per box and 10 boxes per case"
I bought some 16 gauge Herter's last month from them Bobby
How did I delete Stan's post I was replying to?...Geo
The box pictured does not match what's on sale. The only shells marked down to $27.99/case are the low-recoil 1oz loads at 1060fps. That's all you need for quail and skeet. Thank again Ken for the headsup!

Adam
You didn't delete it, Geo, I did. Evidently I made a mistake about the number of rounds in a case of these shells. I was certain I saw where there was only 150 rounds per "case". But, I looked again and couldn't find that, so I must have been mistaken, and deleted the post.

My bad.

SRH
I fell for the old bait and switch didn't I? Still got a deal...Geo
Thanks, just ordered 10 cases.
Wayne
I have reloaded some Herter hulls and they worked fine, similar to B&P hulls. I have reloaded them both for one time hunting loads so I don't have to worry saving the hulls.
Quote:
You didn't delete it, Geo, I did. Evidently I made a mistake about the number of rounds in a case of these shells. I was certain I saw where there was only 150 rounds per "case". But, I looked again and couldn't find that, so I must have been mistaken, and deleted the post.

I phoned in my order a little while ago and confirmed that the 1060fps for $27.99 are, in fact, 10 boxes per case. Confirmed that twice in the call. A friend is trying to order right now on the website and it says they are backordered, but looks like they are still accepting orders with about 2:05 to go.
I just placed an order as well - 4 cases @ 10 boxes apiece for $120. Too cheap to pass up. It says back ordered, but they charged my card and had an expected ship date of 0-1 weeks.
I have shot these at clays all last summer. Soft shooting and clean burning. They are made by Chedite. I sent some for testing and they run about 9000psi. Speed was some of the most consistent the lab had tested with a 14 fps variation.
Hope everyone got there order in! I used to get these tax free but now that Cabela's has opened a store in OKC....that's ended.
Oh well...great buy anyhow! Good shooting everyone!
FWIW, I just returned from one of their stores. Price honored in the store! 27.99!
That was at 9:30 AM EDST today. 11/4/2015

That is the best deal in over a decade.

Thank-You OP!
Posted By: JLN Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/04/15 03:23 PM
Ordered some, but backordered...thanks for the heads up...I agree, best deal in a very long time.
Mark were the shells you had tested 1090 or the 1200 + fps shells? 9000 seems high for low recoil, low velocity. I use to load PB 1 ounce shells with 1150 fps and they were about 5.5-6 k psi. Less is in a few hulls. Very nice for safe to shoot Damascus barrels.
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Mark were the shells you had tested 1090 or the 1200 + fps shells? 9000 seems high for low recoil, low velocity. I use to load PB 1 ounce shells with 1150 fps and they were about 5.5-6 k psi. Less is in a few hulls. Very nice for safe to shoot Damascus barrels.

Tested the 1oz 1060fps shells.
Wow. 9k for a load like that. I guess they had to keep pressure up to work automatics. That's almost twice what I was hoping they'd be. Thanks for the heads up. I could load 1 or even 1 1/8 ounce loads at a lower pressure but they would not work an automatic. Good thing because I don't shoot one anymore.
Jon, it's one of the reasons to keep a sturdy junker around.
At $2.79 a box, who cares? I can find something to shoot them from. I'm punishing a 32" late Nitro Special, worth all of $200.00, with this batch.
I haven't seen $3.00 shells in over a decade.

I'm gonna say my prayers, and maybe they'll shed a couple containers of steel for $5.00.
I just went to Cabelas website and tried to order some of these. It said they were back-orderable and currently out of stock. I could not back-order through the website so I called Customer Service at 1-800-237-4444 and gave the lady the Cabelas stock no. of IK-218437.

It took a few minutes for her to see the same thing I was seeing, but finally she saw the 12 Ga., 2-3/4", 7 1/2 shot, 1060 fps version still listed at $27.99/case. The free shipping ended yesterday but I still got 10 cases at $3.24 per box including UPS shipping. That's still very cheap at today's prices. Stock up now or kick yourself later.
This afternoon (11/4/2015) I was offered free shipping on the shells if the order was > $99.
Tried at about 3PM. All I saw was $6.35/box.
My S I L got 30 flats last night with free shipping at the low price
Looks like Cabela's has pulled the listing for these 12-ga. 1 oz. 1060 fps low recoil loads, they aren't showing them at any price.
I forgot to thank Ken Nelson for the heads-up on this sale. It was nice while it lasted.

If you type the item no. into the search bar on Cabelas website, and then check the drop down list for the 12 ga. 2-3/4" 7 1/2 LR loads, it still shows them at $27.99 and I could add it to the Cart. So it might still be worth a try for anyone who is still interested. If you can't complete the check-out, then calling customer service at 1-800-237-4444 might still work. My back-order delivery date is around Nov. 12, which isn't long to wait at all.

The lady who took my order this afternoon at first said she could give me the free shipping, but then said nope--- free shipping ended yesterday. I should have said "pretty please", but am still happy at $3.24 per box. Thanks again Ken!
Just tried ordering another 10 cases and they are no longer available at $27.99. The lady on the phone told me that it was a listing error. But they will still honor all shells sold at this point. Someone screwed up big time! I should ordered more... Oh well...
We must've bought'em out...Geo
Gives you an idea of the margin involved in selling shells. I would bet these are at cost. Thanks for the heads up!

bill
I was laying back in my hunting van out in the WA desert playing with a new WiFi I bought and saw this and got my order in for a couple of flat just under the gun yesterday. 4-5 weeks for delivery.

Thanks for the heads up.
Originally Posted By: bill schodlatz
Gives you an idea of the margin involved in selling shells. I would bet these are at cost. Thanks for the heads up!

bill

If it was an error on their part, to list them at $27.99, margin has nothing to do with it. Glad ya'll got in on it. I just didn't want any that start out at almost subsonic velocity. Fine for quail and woodcock I guess, but I shoot 20 ga. and smaller on them.

SRH
I just logged in and checked my order status and it was listed as cancelled. I called and they said they will not be honoring the $27.99 per case price citing some reservation of rights language somewhere on the web page with respect to errors. I told them they should likely expect a lot of calls.
My order was cancelled.
I was told Cabela's will not honor any purchases at the advertised price of $27.99. I was told I was a 5 star rated customer based on the amount and frequency at which I order from Cabela's. I'm through with Cabela's. Not another dime. Offer plus acceptance equals a contract in my book.

Corporate phone 308.254.5505
I'll be calling to voice my displeasure.
In my business it's a lot easier to keep a customer than it is to find a new one. Let's see how Dick and Jim feel about that.
My initial order shows pending but my back order is cancelled.
We shall see if they follow thru on the initial order.
Either way, its a bad CS move.
I just received an email advising me that my back order for these shells has been cancelled. No explanation given, just sorry for any inconvenience. I think they were totally overwhelmed by the orders they received.
S I L's order was also cancelled. He was offered some sort of gift card. Told them it was of no use, since he would never shop at Cabela's again
Posted By: GLS Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/05/15 01:36 PM
I've experienced mistakes before in listings, the last time on turkey shells. Some merchants have honored; some haven't. They aren't obligated to honor a mistake in listing price and most have a mistake disclaimer somewhere in the catalog or website. I didn't order any of these shells from them, but I wouldn't cut my nose off to spite my face because of their failure to honor the mistaken listing which apparently was too good to be true. If and when they relist the 16 gauge shells for $54 a flat with no shipping costs for two flats, I'll gladly hop on board. I will happily accept a gift card from any disgruntled former customer. wink Gil
Sounds like those who went into a store and bought them in person might have been the only ones to come out of this with shells. Shame, it was a real good price. Almost like finding gas for less than a dollar a gallon.
Just received an email conformation from Cabela's containing tracking information for my shipment. Sorry to those whose orders were cancelled. In my opinion it would been money well spent by them (Cabela's) as an act of goodwill to honor the orders. Shutting off the sale is one thing cancelling orders is another.
I called Customer (No) Service and got no love.
I say we get the torches and pitchforks.
I am in the same position as Ken. My computer order indicated the shells were in stock. I think its just the back orders that Cabelas is reneging on. Bad Business!...Geo
Overnight, I got a confirmation that my shells have been shipped, including a tracking number. My buddy who ordered about 90 minutes after I did, got a cancellation. Could be they just ran out of inventory. I was on the phone with another buddy while he was ordering and his computer showed "backorder" at the same time that my computer showed "in stock." System may have been overwhelmed.
My buddy ordered just minutes after I did and they cancelled his order. As stated earlier I received confirmation of shipment this morning. Bad deal!!!!!!
My order shows as cancelled as well. I inquired by email; interested in the response I get. Oh well; only ordered two flats and didn't really need them. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.
Posted By: tw Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/05/15 11:31 PM
Simple fact o' the matter is that none of the negatives expressed here has remotely affected the stock prices; it just went up 10% today on rumors of an imminent or possible buyout by Bass Pro.

Regardless, one cannot buy the components in today's market to make 28gram reloads utilizing new shot for the price quoted, inclusive of FREE labor(!); that tells me it was an honest mistake. Happy for those whose orders were honored; respect those that were cancelled, if there was, in fact, wording to the effect that they were NOT required to honor printing errors.

Com'on people, we all know that you cannot even buy the components to load a box of 1oz. reloads that inexpensively in the present market.

Gimme a break; some hit home runs, others hit fouls. Its life, get over it.

Do garage & estate sales if you need to look for treasure. Who knows(?), it might even werk .. now and again.
My out in the tulis order must have gone through, I show a pending payment to C and no cancelation notice, will have to keep an eye on it.
Originally Posted By: tw

C'mon people, we all know that you cannot even buy the components to load a box of 1oz. reloads that inexpensively in the present market.

That really has nothing to do with why the big stores sometimes offer products at below what we think is the cost of production, Gary. They make decisions sometimes that seem dumb to us. Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online. They knew what they were selling, and honored the purchases. I think it's a pretty good bet they were selling them below their cost. Why? Who knows?

SRH
Originally Posted By: Stan
Originally Posted By: tw

C'mon people, we all know that you cannot even buy the components to load a box of 1oz. reloads that inexpensively in the present market.

That really has nothing to do with why the big stores sometimes offer products at below what we think is the cost of production, Gary. They make decisions sometimes that seem dumb to us. Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online. They knew what they were selling, and honored the purchases. I think it's a pretty good bet they were selling them below their cost. Why? Who knows?

SRH

The Bismuth loaded shells are niche item that is slow seller at high prices. The bottom line is box of quality steel loads is about $15 per 25.
I don't care if they are a "niche" item or not. That has nothing to do with the point that sometimes big box stores sell items at below the cost of production. I just ordered 10 boxes of Rio Bismuth 2 3/4", no. 4s, 1 1/8 oz. for $10.48/box. That is below what I can load them for, and I've got Bismuth #4 shot sitting in the 7 lb. bottle it came in waiting to be reloaded.

To make it even HARDER to understand, the same exact loads of Rio Bismuth, except with #6 shot, are $21.99/box. There is no figuring why they do what they do. Just take advantage of it anytime you can, I say.

SRH
They cancelled my in stock order as well as my back order.

Sucks.
Am I the only person that actually got any shells at $27.99?
I am a little embarrassed.

All I did was walk in the store and load a cart. They were initially $64.99. I should probably take them back. Oh, wait, no returns on Ammunition.

Well, then I guess I should thank the product manager's of Cabela's for handing me $600.00 of the shareholders money.
Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Am I the only person that actually got any shells at $27.99?

No, you weren't. Several others have reported receiving theirs.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=430061
They cancelled my order as well; here is the response I received when I inquired as to why:

Our records indicate that your order was for two cases of Herter's Field and Target Loads, with the selection of 12 Gauge, 2-3/4", shot size #7.5 LR, 1 oz.
Unfortunately, an error on our web site showed this ammunition available for ordering when we did not have this specific ammunition available for purchase or backorder. This specific option is no longer shown on our web site, the #7.5 LR currently on cabelas.com is a 1-1/8 oz shot and not the 1 oz shot that was originally your order. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.

I told them that 1-1/8oz would be perfectly acceptable as a substitute but I doubt I'll get any!
Looks like they may have honored orders with existing stock but drew the line on back orders.
My guess, having spent 35 years as a vendor to retailers is that they had a limited quantity deal from the vendor.
The why is easy! Dead money, no sales at regular prices. You need to have money work, not sit on shelves. I must admit that the very few of us that love the old side by sides are a tiny minority.
bill
Hmmm, got an email this morning from them canceling my in stock order as well. Never again...Geo
Posted By: Eis Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/06/15 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: ROMAC
Looks like they may have honored orders with existing stock but drew the line on back orders.

It's called your Classic Bait and Switch, I called this morning when I got the cancelled order and was told they would not substitute number 8 shot for the order, so I asked to be left on backorder until the shells came in and I was told that was not possible. Which is why I say this was a classic bait and switch, they never planned to honor the price, send out a few cases and put the rest on BO and then cancel and the person will reorder something else.....Yes I was in retail and wholesale for over twenty five years, this was a bait and switch and you will probably see the shells back in their online catalog in Dec or Jan..
Well, at least they finally admitted what everybody already knew...

Thank you for being a loyal Cabela's CLUB Member and for contacting Cabela's! We apologize for the confusion, the main reason that the order was canceled was due to a pricing error on the website for the Herter's Field and Target Loads – Per Case, item number 218437, which stated the price at $27.99 instead of $57.99. Additionally since your order was not shipped out, you were not charged for the order; if you have any additional questions feel free to contact us.

I do think it was nice of them not to charge me for something I never got, however smile !
They charged my account for the full amount of the order, no cancellation yet. Delivery scheduled for 11/10.
Posted By: tw Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/06/15 06:16 PM
Expect the initial orders were processed w/o anyone paying much attention, but then when they started to get overwhelmed w/orders someone looked and found the nature of the misprint & it came to a screeching halt.

$50/flat is a significant error.

I think most here take advantage of good deals, when found. That wasn't so much a deal as it was a simple keystroke error. I give them a pass for honoring the initial orders and then following within their printed guidelines for errors. Just saying.
Honor one - Honor all, I say
I guess we now know what it cost to produce a box of shells.
I just checked my with my credit card company and my account was not charged. I did not receive an e-mail notifying me of cancellation of my order. When I entered the order no. into Cabelas tracking system online, they do not show my order.

The inconsistent handling of this alleged error is troubling. I guess I'll just hope my order slips through the cracks since they seem A.F.U.

I am not going to say that I will never do business with Cabelas again because if someone tells me about some screaming deal on shotgun shells tomorrow, I'll probably jump on it. This wouldn't be the first time I bought shotgun shells for less than the cost of reloading components.
Posted By: Eis Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/06/15 07:31 PM
Well I called and complained (2 different calls ) and got no where (oh they did offer a $20 gift card) so I filed notice to the AG of Michigan about false advertising, I'm sure it won't get me anything but at least I can give them a pain in the a**. That's probably the last time I shop there (yeah I know they don't care)
FWIW: They had plenty of these loads at their Centennial store on Tuesday last. They were $57.99 which, really, is still a very good price. I've been shooting this stuff in 16 and 20 for almost a year now. Decent ammo for a decent price. Anybody who thought that the $27.99 price wasn't an error of some type had to be delusional. The fact that they honored the error for as long as they did (for the early orders) speaks volumes to me.

I'm no fan of big boxes, but they do provide some nice options here and there, and...screw-ups are to be expected from time to time. For the folks that got a deal, good for you. The rest of you are being pretty unrealistic IMHO.
Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
...The fact that they honored the error for as long as they did (for the early orders) speaks volumes to me.

I don't think they "honored" anything, nor does it say anything about their integrity (but maybe lack thereof). They obviously just filled orders until somebody discovered the screw up.
And then there is the stupidity factor with the big box operations.
Stan posted:
Quote:
Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online.

I went to the Academy website last night and tried to place an order for these loads and for one other that was clearance priced. Their system would not let me check out because they won't ship to California (along with ten other locations, such as DC). So this morning I called Academy to find out why they won't ship duck loads to CA. Spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone, couldn't get past the first-level customer service reps, lots of time on hold while they consulted their supervisors. The answer that came back was that there are legal restrictions that prevent them from shipping ammo to CA. I know that is BS because I order ammo all the time from various vendors, and have five flats in transit right now from Cabela's. I was not allowed to actually speak with the CS supervisors, so I called back and tried again. Same drill, CS sups don't actually speak with customers. Could not get the call escalated. Called their corporate office and spent about a half hour trying to get a live person on the other end. Finally got a living person in their payroll department who forwarded my name and number to another CS supervisor, who is yet to call me back. Tried every option on their phone system, no dice. Academy is owned by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, apparently in their private equity retail group, so I called KKR in Houston, which referred me to New York, which told me there was no one to discuss this with and I should email Client Services. I am trying to buy perfectly legal duck loads. There are no legal restrictions on shipping these to me, and their competition does it all the time. Nobody is willing to take any ownership for the issue. Academy is closing off 38 million people in the state that harvests more waterfowl every year than any other state in the union. They are in business to sell this stuff, and KKR bought them to make money. They are ceding the market to their competition. It's just incredibly stupid and very frustrating.
Wow, a large corporation with thousand of employees and you guys are talking like it's a massive conspiracy to screw you over. Talking to the AG? False advertising? Never shopping there again? Get a grip!

Rarely shopping there is not a bad idea because they typically don't carry a lot of the products we seem to gravitate to. I like Replacement's story about the competition. Just as f'd up. The problem isn't Cabelas. It's large organizations.....things get screwed up now and again. Surprising that's news around here.
Originally Posted By: Replacement
Stan posted:
Quote:
Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online.

I went to the Academy website last night and tried to place an order for these loads and for one other that was clearance priced. Their system would not let me check out because they won't ship to California (along with ten other locations, such as DC). So this morning I called Academy to find out why they won't ship duck loads to CA. Spent 2-1/2 hours on the phone, couldn't get past the first-level customer service reps, lots of time on hold while they consulted their supervisors. The answer that came back was that there are legal restrictions that prevent them from shipping ammo to CA. I know that is BS because I order ammo all the time from various vendors, and have five flats in transit right now from Cabela's. I was not allowed to actually speak with the CS supervisors, so I called back and tried again. Same drill, CS sups don't actually speak with customers. Could not get the call escalated. Called their corporate office and spent about a half hour trying to get a live person on the other end. Finally got a living person in their payroll department who forwarded my name and number to another CS supervisor, who is yet to call me back. Tried every option on their phone system, no dice. Academy is owned by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, apparently in their private equity retail group, so I called KKR in Houston, which referred me to New York, which told me there was no one to discuss this with and I should email Client Services. I am trying to buy perfectly legal duck loads. There are no legal restrictions on shipping these to me, and their competition does it all the time. Nobody is willing to take any ownership for the issue. Academy is closing off 38 million people in the state that harvests more waterfowl every year than any other state in the union. They are in business to sell this stuff, and KKR bought them to make money. They are ceding the market to their competition. It's just incredibly stupid and very frustrating.

I've got a pile of 2 3/4", #4 RIO Bismuth, 1 1/8 oz. loads on the way to me for $10.48/box. Now that is really a deal.

SRH
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Wow, a large corporation with thousand of employees and you guys are talking like it's a massive conspiracy to screw you over. Talking to the AG? False advertising? Never shopping there again? Get a grip!

Rarely shopping there is not a bad idea because they typically don't carry a lot of the products we seem to gravitate to. I like Replacement's story about the competition. Just as f'd up. The problem isn't Cabelas. It's large organizations.....things get screwed up now and again. Surprising that's news around here.

Agreed... I'm one of the lucky few that actually got the shells (came in today) but my gut feeling from the get go was that someone screwed up. If my order was canceled I would have been disappointed no doubt but I would understand why.

Adam
Stan posted:
Quote:

The legal restriction that you ran into was policy of abundance of caution from their legal department. There is simply no way to overcome the in-house legal counsel. It's their job to keep the company from winding up in regulatory hot water and no matter what you say or what logical argument you can bring, their word stands. It's simply the way it is when some states or jurisdictions become restrictive. You can't blame them for wanting to stay out of trouble regardless of whether or not it's overkill.
Quote:
It's simply the way it is when some states or jurisdictions become restrictive. You can't blame them for wanting to stay out of trouble regardless of whether or not it's overkill.

Your statement would be correct IF THERE WERE ANY ACTUAL RESTRICTION ON SHIPMENT OF AMMO TO ME. There is no such restriction, never has been. Every other retailer ships ammo to me. I can and will blame Academy for stupidity and incompetence. Neither this state nor this jurisdiction have ever imposed any restrictions, of any kind, on shipment of duck loads. Academy is confused. If they want to be in the business of selling ammo, they should at least familiarize themselves with the regulations. Idiots.
Quote:
It's simply the way it is when some states or jurisdictions become restrictive. You can't blame them for wanting to stay out of trouble regardless of whether or not it's overkill.

Your statement would be correct IF THERE WERE ANY ACTUAL RESTRICTION ON SHIPMENT OF AMMO TO ME. There is no such restriction, never has been. Every other retailer ships ammo to me. I can and will blame Academy for stupidity and incompetence. Neither this state nor this jurisdiction have ever imposed any restrictions, of any kind, on shipment of duck loads. Academy is confused. If they want to be in the business of selling ammo, they should at least familiarize themselves with the regulations. Idiots.

You've missed my point. There doesn't need to be any actual restrictions, only the perception or political climate amenable to restrictions. Their in-house legal counsel can make whatever policy they want to. You have to admit that California has more restrictive gun laws than Texas for example.
Quote:
You've missed my point. There doesn't need to be any actual restrictions, only the perception or political climate amenable to restrictions. Their in-house legal counsel can make whatever policy they want to. You have to admit that California has more restrictive gun laws than Texas for example.

No, I got your point. They are covering their corporate asses to protect against an imaginary threat. THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON SHIPMENT OF THIS AMMO. They are in the business of selling ammo, so they should know and understand the rules. CA's gun laws have no bearing on this particular transaction, because this is not a gun shipment. Academy won't ship guns to a CA FFL either, also a stupid, incompetent decision on their part. I tried to buy a Yildiz double a couple of years ago and encountered the same bullshit from the fools at Academy. There is absolutely no legal or regulatory restriction on shipping a bird gun to an FFL in CA. I know they can do business in whatever manner they choose, but to claim that they are legally prevented from shipping ammo to me is just plain wrong. If they actually believe that there is some legal restriction against shipping shells to me, then they are inept, incompetent, bereft of any actual knowledge of the regulations, and totally without credibility and legitimacy as an online merchant. If they don't actually believe there is some legal restriction, then they are flat out lying. Either way, that is no way to do business. They are idiots.
It's called "the California effect". That State has become such a PITA to deal with for out-of-state gun folks that some have abandoned attempting to do business there. They figure that it isn't worth the time and trouble. Not entirely rational, but there you have it. Chilling when you consider all the potential consequences.
To late I found that the local sporting clays range is selling them for $4/box. Seems like they kick like mules.
bill
Originally Posted By: bill schodlatz
To late I found that the local sporting clays range is selling them for $4/box. Seems like they kick like mules.
bill

I know recoil is a subjective topic, but ..............really? A 1 oz. load at 1050 fps "kicking like a mule"?

What are they trying to shoot them in, a 3 1/2# gun with 4 1/2" DAH?

crazy

SRH
I hope that was a joke. I donated 10 cases for the youth day at the club.
They know better than to start selling them at the counter.
Posted By: tw Re: Heads Up.......Herters LR 12 Ga Target Loads - 11/09/15 06:28 AM
Has to be a joke. For recoil, due the math. No reason to sweat it. The older Remington 1oz 3&1/4DE loads in the black hulls carried some 'thump', but they were a LOT faster.

Good on ya for the donation! Anything & everything encouraging the shooting sports is positive:-)
To steal a line from Mitch Albom's "Tuesday's with Morrie",

"Giving is Living"

More should try it.
I just got an e-mail from Cabela's today notifying me that my order was cancelled. No surprise other than the number of days it took for them to let me know.
I get a phone call from a Cabela's rep at 5PM saying my order had been cancelled.
Thanks to the heads up from Adam 26 cases arr. on 11/9. Free shipping, no sales tax, and I used my points as well. The remaining 4 cases were canceled however. Oh well, should get me thru the long winter in SWFL.

UPS dropped them next door, neighbor thought he hit the lottery. smile

Thanks again Adam.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com