doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 08:39 PM
Anybody ever dealt with Marty Mabry out of Texas? Reason is he had a gun listed a couple of months ago at no reserve and I bid but did not win.
Now I see he has it listed again.
Umm?
Posted By: mel5141 Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 08:56 PM
Mr. Proctor:
Marty is A-Ok in my book...... Straight Shooter, KNOWS a lot about A LOT of Different and Diverse gun types......

He has strong business ties to one of the MOST successful/largest guys in the Sporting Accessory/Ammunition retailing sector in the U.S. Another Straight Shooter

Try to email him and ask for a number so you can chat....I have his number, but I am reluctant to give out a friend's cell number without his knowledge.....

I have had nothing but satisfactory ,square dealing with Marty , whether at Gun Shows or on the phone for over 20 years.

Paul Melton
Posted By: David Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 09:10 PM
There's always the possibility his buyer did not come through. I think I would assume that until proven otherwise.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 09:11 PM
Just saying my bid was just under the winning bid. If it is a no reserve auction then why didn't the gun sell? I was only a $100 or so under the winning bid.
Now it shows back up again but on a different auction site.
Sorry something is not right.
Could have been sent back by the buyer, too. And if it was, that doesn't necessarily mean anything other than the buyer exercised his inspection and changed his mind.

Email the seller and ask. If you aren't comfortable with the answer, keep looking.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 10:42 PM
I have had guns "pulled back" more than twice lately. I will side with the buyer in every instance of this type of deception.
Posted By: skeettx Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 10:47 PM
Mike,
Will be interesting to know what he says!!
Let us know what he says smile
Mike
Posted By: cpa Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 10:48 PM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
I have had guns "pulled back" more than twice lately. I will side with the buyer in every instance of this type of deception.

Is this done by using a straw bidder? If not, how is it done and what does Gunbroker say about the practice?
Posted By: gunut Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 11:01 PM
Iv had this happen also.....on the last day of the no reserve auction shill bids the gun up to the minimum price the seller actually wants and either wins the auction or pushes the final bidders bid up to what the seller wants in the first place.....if the shill wins, look to have the gun relisted in a month or so or listed on a different site.....a lot of crooks out there posing as nice guys.....starts to turn ones stomach after a while....
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 11:21 PM
I look at the winning bidders feedback. If he's been a bidder for many years and has almost no(t) winning bids I smell something might be up. If he's got a large number of feed backs then I just move on. I see a few guns that are sold and then returned to be relisted or just never paid for and relisted.

I sold a loader on EBay a few months ago. GA was listed in the title, listed n the description and in the listing specifics, a total of five times. Want to venture a guess why the bidder wanted to return the loader. Wrong GA. he was looking for. My 12 was not the 28 he was looking for. Listing was a no return listing but I did agree to take it back if he shipped it back in the same condition. He bitched that I should pay shipping both ways to which I refused. He gave me a bad feedback. I contacted EBay and they actually stood up for the seller for once. Told the buyer it was accurately described and terms were clearly listed twice. Removed his negative feedback. Might have helped he had about five feed backs and I have several thousand. He is now a banned buyer.

There are a lot of bad sellers and buyers out there. The dumb ones you have to work with but the crooked ones you just want to avoid.
Posted By: craigd Re: Question about a seller on Gunbroker - 12/13/15 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I look at the winning bidders feedback. If he's been a bidder for many years and has almost not winning bids I smell something might be up. If he's got a large number of feed backs then I just move on....

Thanks for bringing the topic back on track with a reasonable course of action. The off topic speculation may become associated with the original seller, who was favorably endorsed by another member.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com