doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Run With The Fox Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/11/16 12:12 PM
Morning news crawl on ABC- top exec' at Wounded Warrior Project fired- Hate to admit it, but Bill Murphy was right about this. On my recent rant about the DU magazine and the Bourjaily Model 12 Fubaring sidebar, Bill replied-questioning the usage of funds raised by both DU and the WWP-- The jury is still out, for me at least on DU- but I have donated at least $300 to the Wounded Warriors Project in the past-have also helped in sponsoring the VA pheasant shoots at various Pheasant Hunting venues here that have Tower shoot events--I am as saddened to see this, as much as I would be if the CFO of the area VA Hospital in Grand Rapids was found to be Bernie Maddof.
Posted By: Jamie243AI Re: Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/11/16 02:15 PM
Which hospital? Blodgett or Butterworth? I was born in Butterworth. Don't the DeVos and Van Andel boys have their hands all in the hospitals there? It's been a long time since I lived there.
Run: I am of the opinion that if one wants to help veterans, the best way to do it is one-on-one. Avoid the fundraising stuff and the logo-ed blankets one gets for writing a check.

Too much of "charity" these days is where people write a check and feel good about themselves. IMHO, a vet in need of help will do better if and when someone takes a little time to give them, and doesn't just throw stuff at them.

Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/11/16 03:22 PM
Nothing in the Washington Post article about possible criminal charges. I feel that they would be a slam dunk. 26 million in 2014 for "meetings and conferences".
Neither one- The VA Hospital on 3 Mile Rd. where it hits the banks of the Grand River.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/11/16 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
Nothing in the Washington Post article about possible criminal charges. I feel that they would be a slam dunk. 26 million in 2014 for "meetings and conferences".

In USA the wealthy are above the law, because quality of legal defense is directly proportional to net worth. Did you ever see show COPS filed in affluent neighborhood?
Posted By: keith Re: Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/11/16 08:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
In USA the wealthy are above the law, because quality of legal defense is directly proportional to net worth. Did you ever see show COPS filed in affluent neighborhood?

Wrong again Jagermeister. Here's a list of billionaires who went to prison:

http://myfirstclasslife.com/10-billionaires-behind-bars/?singlepage=1

I know voting for two terms of Hope and Change from the anti-gunner Obama did not help you Jag. Maybe Bernie Sanders will level the playing field so that you won't have to put a sub-$1000.00 shotgun on layaway with a 20% down payment.
Bernie Sanders-Bernie Madoff- the parts inter-change. But if this numbnut can keep Billary for residing with the Liar-In-Chief Bill at 1600 for another 8 wasted years, I'll vote for him-but then I'll puke all over my Johnson & Murphys- like I did when Slick Willie the lying draft-dodger put out the wreath on 11/Nov at Arlington--
Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
Run: I am of the opinion that if one wants to help veterans, the best way to do it is one-on-one. Avoid the fundraising stuff and the logo-ed blankets one gets for writing a check.

Too much of "charity" these days is where people write a check and feel good about themselves. IMHO, a vet in need of help will do better if and when someone takes a little time to give them, and doesn't just throw stuff at them.

Just my 2 cents.

Very well said.

SRH
Posted By: eightbore Re: Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/12/16 03:01 PM
Please read the thread about the WWP on shotgunworld.com skeet shooting subforum. Apparently some of the discourse over there reached the right people, or I would like to thing we helped.
WWP-?? Thank you for responding to the "out-in-left-field-DU magazine M12 FUBAR thread I posted here. You saved me $300- not even the price of a fore-arm for a 12 Ga. Trojan-used-- but still. May be attending the Southern- not sure yet-mainly because of the pumpgun events- just my "cup-o'-tea" Friend and fellow pheasant shooting companion will be in Baltimore on 19th-20th- for the PGCA "fish and goose soire"

Look him up--his workmanship is flawless, and not just on Parkers. After he returns I hope to get my Smith IDEAL LONGRANGE 32" full and even more fuller- originally HOT and an ejector gun. Plan to use it for Turkey, also coyote and fox-- don't trust the HOT with heavier loads (and I never will) so he is converting it to the DT mode I trust--Yes, one might ask, could my friend Buck Hamlin also do this bit of gunsmithing trigger work as well. I am sure he could, but I don't wish to ship it, as too many thefts and damage shipments UPS to make me comfortable.
Posted By: David Re: Wounded Warriors VSF'd- financially - 03/12/16 03:34 PM
Here is a good charity organization; https://www.fisherhouse.org
I have given them money and believe them to be a quality charity who use the majority of their raised funds for their stated purpose.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com