doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: jeweler He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/12/16 03:29 PM
[img:center][/img]

I had to explain you have to start somewhere and <2. never do you say you like grandmother best.

wish I had five more past the age three
Pop Pop
Posted By: bbman3 Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/12/16 03:45 PM
Jeweler that is great! Bobby
That's great!!! Made my morning even better. smile
Posted By: Der Ami Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/12/16 07:43 PM
One grandbaby is worth three of your own children.
Mike
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/12/16 09:19 PM
Great photos! Why not start with rabbits, I started out hunting squirrels with a single shot .22.

Steve
Posted By: jeweler Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/12/16 09:30 PM
Mike
I agree

Little sucker will wear you out ....
Posted By: GLS Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/12/16 09:42 PM
Does he have a good nose? wink Gil
That four wheeler looks nice enough you ought to be able to get a kid's seat for it and not have to carry the boy in the dog-box. Good for you on getting him started early; he'll remember it for the rest of his life, and yours...Geo
Those are great pics, thank you for sharing them with us. Wait 'til he sends you a card like this one, monty. You'll be a goner too, like me.

SRH
Posted By: keith Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/13/16 03:55 AM
Very cool pics jeweler. As Geo said, the boy will remember that first hunt forever.

Stan, that drawing and note from your grandson is great too. How old was he when he did that? He writes much better than Ed Good!
Posted By: Buzz Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/13/16 05:20 PM
Cool, Jeweler. Looks like you had a beautiful day for it too!
keith,

I think Jackson was about 6 when he did that note for me. He was already a well trained bird-boy, and loved it. But, by age 8 he was on the back end of a .410 killing doves himself (I had to recruit his little brother Lane to pick up for me then). This was them when Jackson was 9 and killed a nice bag. Monty's got some great times to look forward to. Wish I could do it all over again.

SRH
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/13/16 06:21 PM
Great pictures, all! Damn, I wish I had a grandchild to share these precious times with! Freeze them in your memory.
I love it!
Posted By: tunes Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/13/16 08:43 PM
Hey Joe,

If you can be Mike's shooting student, I could be your grandchild!!
Posted By: GLS Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/13/16 10:15 PM
Up in Stan's neck of the woods over the Christmas holidays in 2014, I was by myself hunting woodcock. On a swamp road, I ran into a tricked-out Polaris with dog boxes full of squirrel feist dogs. It was a multi-generational group of granddad, dad and his sons and daughters from about 10 to teenage. What couldn't ride in the Polaris was walking. They were all carrying shotguns. Never did catch their names, but it was a neat thing to see. Gil
I get plum emotional at times when it comes to my grand boys. Last April I was going through the vendors at the Bray's Island Exposition. I had drooled all over so many doubles that they made me leave until I could contain myself, so I was trying to calm down by looking at a Georgia artist's paintings and prints. When my eyes fell upon this one they filled with tears. I told the artist that he couldn't have known he was painting my two grandsons when he painted that picture. It is two young boys, at the perfect ages, to be a scene I have seen so many times on the dove fields with me. Needless to say, it came home with me after I got him to put their names at the bottom, in the border.

Jackson and Lane ......... forever frozen in time. Looking closely at it through the link I provided, it looks for all the world like Jackson is holding a S x S, and Lane a little 20 ga. pump. They actually shoot these guns!

This is a link to a better view of the print than my pitiful photo:

http://www.buckybowles.com/painting.php?id=93

SRH
Posted By: rva Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/14/16 03:22 PM
Grandkids are your reward for not killing your kids
What you guys don't know is the metal cage on the back of the 4 wheeler is for Monty..not the boy.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: He said he wanted to go rabbit hunting - 03/15/16 09:17 PM
Stan,
All this is great, but when they get a drivers license and find out that girls are not just soft boys that smell good, you will lose them, until they turn 30. Also, when they get to be 6 feet tall, they won't sit on your lap, any more.
Mike
Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Stan,
All this is great, but when they get a drivers license and find out that girls are not just soft boys that smell good, you will lose them, until they turn 30. Also, when they get to be 6 feet tall, they won't sit on your lap, any more.
Mike

It's happening already to Jackson, Mike. He has a sweet little girlfriend named Ansley (he thinks she's a Fox), and the shotguns have become a secondary interest. I wouldn't have it any other way, tho'.

SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com