doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Claybird Trigger pull weight question - 03/18/16 01:29 PM
I just bought a Remington 32 in excellent condition. Made about mid-30s. It seemed the trigger was a bit heavy. I put a trigger scale to it and the pull weight for each barrel was about 7 1/4. I am used to triggers with a weight around 4. Any thoughts about having them lightened up? And, if so whether any good gunsmith would be up to the task?

Thanks for any input.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Trigger pull weight question - 03/18/16 02:33 PM
Claybird:

You're not far from the Krieghoff facility on Route 611 in Pipersville, PA. The K-32 was a close copy of the Remington Model 32 and I'm fairly certain the Krieghoff gunsmith could deal with the problem in short order.

Rem
Posted By: Claybird Re: Trigger pull weight question - 03/18/16 05:58 PM
Remington40x,

Thanks for your response. I called Krieghoff. The response, in essence, was that they no longer work on Remington 32s, in that the internal parts (triggers, sears, springs, etc.) are different than the Krieghoffs,
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: Trigger pull weight question - 03/18/16 06:26 PM
Might check with DelGrego's. www.parkershotgunrepair.com They advertise Remington 32 repair, or give Turnbull's a call - if they can't/won't do the work, they'll probably have a good suggestion. As well, Gunter Pfrommer in Rocky Mount, VA. One of these three should be able to point you in the right direction or do the necessary work.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Trigger pull weight question - 03/18/16 07:24 PM
Simmons used to have a double gun smith (he only worked on doubleguns) that was pretty good on triggers. He helped a Valmet of mine, years ago, which is much the same as the 32. Can't remember his name, and he may not even be there anymore, but a call to them might find out.

http://www.simmonsguns.com/site/

Best, SRH
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com