doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Crowley CSMC 21 - 03/20/16 06:00 PM
The bbls on my CSMC21 will not come off. The fore end does remove easily.

Any suggestions?

danc
Posted By: Bob Jurewicz Re: CSMC 21 - 03/20/16 09:16 PM
If the forend comes of and the barrels pivot on the pin they have to come off.
Bob Jurewicz
Posted By: Calgary Bill Re: CSMC 21 - 03/20/16 10:44 PM
They can be stiff but they will come off. Try pushing the forend towards the receiver and at the same time turn the thumb screw---helps to place the butt on something solid like the floor.
Posted By: Brittany Man Re: CSMC 21 - 03/20/16 11:14 PM
If with the forend off & you are holding the top lever fully to the right the bbls won't rotate down & off the hinge pin something is seriously wrong & it's time to contact Tony or Lou & take advantage of that fabulous lifetime warranty.
Posted By: JNW Re: CSMC 21 - 03/21/16 03:43 PM
Is the gun cocked or uncocked when taking it apart? Not sure if this will make a difference or not.
Good luck,
Jeff
Posted By: Crowley Re: CSMC 21 - 03/21/16 11:26 PM
Gun was just fired with factory shells. The same shells that had fired fifty times the same day.

I handed the gun to a very strong and much younger man and he could not budge the bbls.

The gun has been shipped to and received by CSMC.

DANC
Posted By: Tim Wolf Re: CSMC 21 - 03/24/16 11:39 PM
Crowley

Will be interesting to know, if they tell you, what caused the problem. A friends CSMC 20 ga did the same thing, locked up even with the forend off. CSMC did repair it but did not advise what caused the problem.

Good luck.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: CSMC 21 - 03/25/16 01:43 AM
Two more CSMC gun problems. I wish I had begun a list several years ago at the U.S. Open in Tunica, when I saw RBL problems for the second time. It would be a substantial list by now.

SRH
Posted By: tut Re: CSMC 21 - 03/25/16 09:51 AM
I've had more the one Merkel get a weed seed caught on the water table and the gun wouldn't open even with the forearm taken off. course in that case the lever wouldn't go to the right either. Ended up putting a flat piece of wood on the top and bottom of the receiver and applying a ratchet strap and torquing it down. That compressed the weed seed to the point that the pressure was taken off the top lever. Then moved the top lever to the right and took off the ratchet strap and we were back in business. PS. This happened while bird hunting in the middle of no where Montana. Sometimes one has to be inventive.
Posted By: Buddy Marson Re: CSMC 21 - 03/25/16 01:05 PM
I have had this same problem with one of my CSMC 21's. I strongly advise you not to try to force it open. Send the gun as (with no live ammo in it) to CSMC. Call them first to let them know it's on the way. They should have it to you in 1-2 weeks.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: CSMC 21 - 03/25/16 04:57 PM
21s are not the easiest doubles to remove the barrels and assemble.I have one 12 that takes a little playing with though I am getting better assembling it. Bobby
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com