doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gunman Last Day - 03/31/16 06:27 PM
Well it comes to us all but today was my last day of full time work .
48 years of working on the bench on a wide verity of double guns has been interesting , frustrating ,fascinating and rewarding .
I have learnt a lot and met some very interesting people . I have done work for people in many Countries and no doubt will miss the challenges I have been set over the years , so now if I do any thing it will be for fun or work I want to do . May be I will finally get to rebuild the gun I have had been meaning to for the last 20 years !
Posted By: SKB Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 06:31 PM
Congratulations and enjoy your new found time in good health!
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 06:44 PM
Indeed!
Well done Gunman
Hope your Golden years are long & fruitfull mate
cheers
franc
Posted By: damascus Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:02 PM
Gunman I would like to give you some pearls of wisdom about retirement, unfortunately I am an apprentice at it my self though what I will say is "enjoy every second".
Damascus
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:08 PM
I suppose I could say the same, 34 years at present position and 10 years before that somewhere else. I too have dreamed of having days to do things I can only dream of doing. But my wife retired two years ago. And I took a couple of days off last week to spend at home and do some things around the house. I can only say that I was never so glad to get back to work this week.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:10 PM
Congratulations Gunman!
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:17 PM
Thanks for always being the gentleman in all respects and for willingly sharing your knowledge. Surely you will find the time to continue contributing to the BBS. God bless!
Posted By: GLS Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:20 PM
I wish you joy and comfort in the next phase of your life. Gil
Posted By: bonny Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:34 PM
I hope you enjoy your retirement, and i also hope you passed your skills onto some youth to continue in the trade.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 07:56 PM
Gunman, being retired is tough . . . but I think you're prepared to overcome the challenges! Congratulations.
Posted By: gunut Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 08:09 PM
congratulations.....and stay out of the pubs...
Posted By: VictoryXC Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 08:21 PM
Congratulations! Wishing you the best of health and happiness in the years ahead.
Posted By: Daryl Hallquist Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 08:33 PM
gunman, congratulations. I , and I think all of us, hope you will have time to frequent this board.
Posted By: Mark II Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 08:44 PM
For he's a jolly good fellow and so say all of us! The hardest part is remembering what day off you have next week!
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 08:45 PM
Congratulations, sir. Hope it's all you hope.
Posted By: David Williamson Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 08:59 PM
gunman, 48 years is a long time to spend at any job, congratulations.
I hope that you do get your gun project done and enjoy shooting it.
God bless and enjoy.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 09:12 PM
Congrats, Gunman. I hope to see more and more of your informative posts here.
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 09:55 PM
Congratulations gunman, I have a feeling you're going to enjoy your retirement, I know I certainly enjoy mine!

Steve
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Last Day - 03/31/16 11:55 PM
48 years at doing something you love--I toast you sir!
Posted By: craigd Re: Last Day - 04/01/16 12:02 AM
Congrats gunman. Here's hoping you get to those pet projects and fun jobs.
Posted By: Dennis Potter Re: Last Day - 04/01/16 02:49 AM
Graham,
Enjoy your retirement, and work on the projects you want to. And thanks for your help in the past, the assistance worked out well.
Dennis
Posted By: tw Re: Last Day - 04/01/16 03:50 AM
I'd hope that retirement proves rewarding and that you might consider sharing your set aside 'project' with us as you to take that gauntlet to hand. No doubt many would benefit, should you be so inclined.

Good shooting and even better days to you!
Posted By: Salopian Re: Last Day - 04/01/16 05:41 AM
Gunman,
You know as well as I do that 'smiths never retire , because the flame still burns to solve a problem or make something as good as new again.
Enjoy your rest and do what YOU want to do, not what someone else needs you to do.
Find a project gun , something with provenance and make it your baby. OR restore a Matchless, AJS or a boat!
Posted By: King Brown Re: Last Day - 04/01/16 02:08 PM
I'm still in the wage economy at 84, gunman, and think of retirement as the same way I felt in the most productive years of my 40s. The trick is feeling useful, doing things you like to do and now having time to do them, giving love and affection where they're needed, burning brightly to the end, a sure-fire formula for happiness.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com