doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Small Bore Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 12:35 PM
For those of you who remember Piers Morgan on your TV screens in the USA, we have re-imported hi and he now has a slot on ITV 'Good Morning Britain'.

Last week I was invited to discuss the merits of hunting as part of a conservation plan, following on from comments made by Prince William supporting hunting.

You can see the six minute interview here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyQ5-Zjrl84

if you are interested.

You can also see it by typing Hadoke Piers Morgan into Google and you should get a youtube clip of the full interview.

Very best regards to all,

Diggory Hadoke
Posted By: SKB Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 12:44 PM
You handled yourself very well Dig. Nice buffalo too!
Posted By: Ken61 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 12:54 PM
Very good interview. It always amazes me how easy it is for people like Morgan to deny the science of Conservation and Management and replace it with a strictly unscientific emotion-based belief. Hunting in America is also under assault, event though hunters have traditionally paid for the game conservation through taxes, a program that goes back to TR. The only reason we have so much game is that hunters have paid for it, but anti-hunters never seem to understand that. It's part of the "Captain Planet" syndrome, where Mankind is portrayed as the "Rapist of the Planet", and should be prohibited from interaction with the Natrual Earth". A preposterous, but typical Leftist view.

Regards
Ken
Posted By: builder Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 01:02 PM
Piers is not so thrilled with rich Americans either.
Posted By: Judge Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 01:20 PM
Diggory: Excellent job standing up to him and making reasoned points. They should give the show to the lady and fire Piers.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 01:46 PM
Good job Diggory!

Piers Morgan is an ass.
Posted By: nca225 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 02:46 PM
Diggory 1
Morgan 0

Nicely done!
Posted By: moses Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 02:49 PM
Poor Lorain is no better informed, but gets the last word.
Typical rude interjection from an unsupportable argument. Piers knows he has no hope of winning any other way. That, I am afraid is all he knows.
Tabloid language = severed heads. Sensation speak.
I hope that you washed your hand Dig.
O.M
Posted By: Hoof Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 02:54 PM
I couldn't even finish watching that, What an a$$hat! How can you even sit across from that guy and be civil? Thank goodness there was one gentleman present that day.
CHAZ
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 02:56 PM
It would have been great if the interviewers would shut up long enough for a reasonable response to be made. You showed great poise. Good job!
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 03:12 PM
Mr. Hadoke:

Is your book on hammer guns still on track to come out this September? I've greatly enjoyed your book on vintage guns and am about to start the one on boxlocks.

Thanks.

Rem
Posted By: Birdog Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 03:28 PM
Well done Dig.
Nice Buff BTW.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 03:50 PM
A book on hammer guns? If so, I can't wait. My favorites!
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 04:20 PM
It should be with the printer in May - all hands to the pumps right now trying to get it into final shape.
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 04:40 PM
I am so thankful we chased Piers out of this country! Couldn't stand the guy. Obnoxious would be the starting word to describe him. Dig, how you kept your composure so well is beyond me. I couldn't have done it. Watched the Wonder List last night on CNN, which was about Botswana and how nice it is that hunting has been banned. However, after paying the government a very large amount of money a hunter was allowed to hunt a very old black rhino that was no longer strong enough to breed. What a shameful thing that was in the eyes of the reporter. However, I thought it interesting how absolutely besides themselves the locals were to have the meat, even from an old broken down Rhino! While the show didn't condem him it certainly left a huge question mark over his actions. Such are the times we live in.
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 04:56 PM
It's obvious from the video that the intent to bring a hunter on the show was not really to discuss how hunting and conservation work together, but rather it was just another ploy to crucify hunters.
Posted By: trw999 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 06:11 PM
'Fraid that it is the way over here now for journalists to spend more time pontificating than actually asking their guests questions.

When will they learn that we the listener/viewer wish to know what the expert thinks, not what the journo wants to say? Never, I guess.

Well done Dig.

Tim
Posted By: CJ Dawe Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 07:47 PM
Well done Diggory,I can't imagine the frustration of having to sit across from and listen to the likes of that.
You handled him and yourself very well.
Posted By: bonny Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 09:17 PM
I cannot think of anyone more overly opinionated or obnoxious than morgan. Usually i change the station if he appears on.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 09:31 PM
Dig,
Well done, especially the way you held your temper.
Mike
Posted By: GLS Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 09:47 PM
Diggory you did far more for legitmate hunting than Pier did for anti-hunting with his buzzwords of "severed head" mounts. Your keeping calm, reasoned and dispassionate was far more professional than was the cartoonish Piers Morgan. Nice job painting him as a tabloid sensationalist. Great job. Gil
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/18/16 10:33 PM
Great job of keeping your composure, Dig. Watching your facial expressions as Morgan was spouting off I got the impression that you actually enjoyed it. You did a great service to all ethical hunters in the way you responded to his unreasonable accusations. Calm and reasoned responses like yours go far to dispel the picture some have of all hunters being bloodthirsty beasts.

By the way, it's good to have you back on the "board".

SRH
Posted By: LeverHead Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 12:31 AM
Morgan's tone came off pretty anti-American as well. I suppose the intended audience is not an American one, but for all of the hot air he spouted on leftist American airwaves, he's can't be gaining many fans on this side of the pond from even those that agreed with him.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 01:07 AM
"So you don't mind hunting you just don't like photography."

Now that's hilarious.

Excellent counterpunch Digg, well timed!!!

What double rifle did you use to take that buff? smile
Posted By: jakeismydog2 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 02:28 AM
That was really really well done. I also agree your line about photography was so spot on and really showed how irrational Morgan's argument was.
Posted By: cadet Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 06:32 AM
Nice work, and nice to see you back here.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 10:53 AM
That was a new Westley Richards drop-lock in .577. A proper buffalo rifle. Took him in long grass at ten yards. One in the boiler room and a second in the ear as he threw his head up.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 10:54 AM
As someone noted afterwards, 'Would he like it better if it was mostly skinny Italian bus drivers doing the hunting?"
Posted By: gjw Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 11:01 AM
Dig, as they say in your part of the world...."Good show, old boy"!!!!

Best to you.

Greg
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 12:07 PM
Bravo! Well done, Dig.

Have to admit I was somewhat distracted by the young lady. Nice legs. Might have a career on Fox if she were a blonde and could restrain liberal tendencies.

Morgan is a first class ass who doesn't have a clue when it comes to hunting.
Posted By: Cameron Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 12:58 PM
Well done Diggory! Anytime someone can make an anti hunting jackass look like an idiot, in my book, is a job well done and you certainly did so.
Posted By: lagopus Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 01:48 PM
Why oh why did we ever let Piers Morgan back into the U.K. couldn't you have kept him over your side?

Diggory, looking forward to the hammer gun book. Lagopus.....
Posted By: A10ACN Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 01:50 PM
First, great job, Mr Hadoke! Truly fine representation for us all.

Next, I suggest all from our side use this as a training film for these types of encounters. Their argument is almost always based on emotions and often get charged. Our greater strength is remaining calm and defeating rhetoric with fact and figures. My only criticism of Mr Hadoke's presentation is not stating facts for what "we all know", which makes our side susceptible to fact checking and greater criticism. As a group we, all hunters and shooters, really must all band together to fund studies, gather information that supports our arguments and inform our members so as to educate the upcoming generation and defeat the antis.

Again, thank you Mr Hadoke for all that you've done to support our sport!
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 02:28 PM
Let me add my congratulations to Mr. Hadoke for the excellent showing he made in the interview with the anti-gun zealot, Morgan.

I also eagerly await publication of the Hammer-gun book...Geo
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 03:27 PM
Yes, Congrats to Mr. Hadoke for handling the interview in such a great manner!

What I don't get is why Morgan kept repeatedly saying "rich American hunters." It's as if he was wanting to make this a USA issue. I am certainly glad Morgan is no longer on American airwaves.

Looking forward to Mr. Hadoke's new book.
Posted By: LeverHead Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 04:04 PM
Originally Posted By: 1cdog

What I don't get is why Morgan kept repeatedly saying "rich American hunters." It's as if he was wanting to make this a USA issue. I am certainly glad Morgan is no longer on American airwaves.

That's what stuck with me, too. The man was essentially a "rich American" himself until the UK took him back.

He also seems to have something against dentists, but that joke is too cheap and easy even for me.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 04:25 PM
You might enjoy my reading of some of the sillier hate mail messages I got as a result of the interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErnW5TLLflM
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 04:25 PM
To the point replies, Dig. Very well done with the right mixture of seriousness and combativeness on your part.

Regards, Tim
Posted By: craigd Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 04:44 PM
Great hate mail link Dig. Though you take to it naturally, it couldn't have been easy to step into that interview show. Good for you for taking the high road, hunters in general probably need to figure out an effective solution for the low road.
Posted By: keith Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 05:53 PM
Great job Diggory. Thank you for taking the time to defend our sport and for sharing this with us.

I got a particular kick out of the lewd, vicious, and threatening comments you got after your interview with Piers Morgan. I've gotten similar letters, hand delivered to my mailbox after answering anti-gunners and anti-hunters in letters to the editor. It all kind of knocks the wind out of the sails of those here who naively think and say that confronting the anti-gunners and anti-hunters in our midst will somehow turn off those who already hate us.

Originally Posted By: ed good
an if hit is hippo criti cal to not want to deal wid da blood an da guts an da fedders an da fur, an buy my meat in a nice clean styrofoam tray, wrapped in saran at da stow, den ah con fess, ah is ah hippo crit!

it still saddens me that there are those that seem to take pleasure in killing these gentle bird in the name of sport...hopefully, one of these days, you guys just may grow up and begin to appreciate this wonderful, gentle bird, as I do; and take up clay bird shooting

peta...lets see now, are you talkin:

people eating tasty animals, which sounds like a good idea to me;

or are you talkin:

people for the ethical treatment of animals, which also sounds like a good idea to me?

Quote:
charlie: may i suggest that you hunt less and shoot more. clay birds do not bleed.
Posted By: 300846 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 06:03 PM
The world would agree that there is no greater [censored] than Piers Morgan and then along comes Keith to challenge for the title.
Posted By: keith Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 06:13 PM
Originally Posted By: 300846
The world would agree that there is no greater [censored] than Piers Morgan and then along comes Keith to challenge for the title.

I will be smiling the rest of the day just knowing I hit a nerve with you. Thanks.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 07:23 PM
Thanks guys, I thought you lot may enjoy these. Your support is appreciated. Unfortunately, in the UK very few understand how hunting and conservation are linked and all too many of pressure groups standing against us are urban based with very little understanding of nature and the reality of life and death.
Posted By: Flintfan Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 07:54 PM
I can not express how much respect I have for you for being able to conduct yourself in such a dignified and professional manner while sitting face to face with such a foul person.

Mr. Morgan is a professional instigator, and good at what he does. Regardless of what facts he is presented with that knock down his argument, he immediately sidesteps to his next talking point. There is no winning a debate with him personally, however you took the day by clearly and calmly getting your points across. People that are undecided on an issue will see that, and at the end of the day your presentation was much more effective.

I own one of your books already, but I am going to make for damn sure I buy the rest of them. That is the least I can do to thank and support you for your efforts.

Posted By: gjw Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/19/16 09:58 PM
Just looked at the hate mail link, boy, some it sounds like some of the members here.

Sure would be nice to see Dig on the Honors List for a MBE for all his great work on the British Gun Trade. Others have gotten one for much less than Dig has done.

Keep up the great work Dig. Can't wait for your new book to come out.

Best!

Greg
Posted By: LeverHead Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 02:20 AM
I just watched the mail video as well. They all seem like such civilized and level headed people!

I'm going through the process of getting my New Jersey hunting license now. There are a couple of paragraphs dedicated to dealing with harassment from anti-hunting folk, particularly aimed at bear hunters in the northern part of the state.
Posted By: Mike Bonner Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 03:25 AM
Dig, good for you. Too bad you had to be "interviewed" by a major pillock.
Most unfortunate he came back to the uk, but I know the Americans had a gutfull of that moron.
I understand there was a petition to expel him from the US as he totally pissed off just about every lawful gun owner in the US with his diatribes on guns.
Mike from Canada
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 06:40 AM
Dig,
Good job with a difficult situation.

Maybe he'll piss off the Queen and she'll send him to Afganistan or some such place.
Posted By: King Brown Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 11:58 AM
Intelligence and good manners wins every time in public debate.
Posted By: Small Bore Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 12:39 PM
I put together this shortish film to try and deal with the fallout of the interview. Seems to have got quite a bit of attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIPpzpMdts
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 02:01 PM
That is a darned good editorial, Dig. Professional, well thought out and presented. Thanks.
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 02:44 PM
Dig,
Once again, very good job.
Mike
Posted By: craigd Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 04:56 PM
With the negative response that you shared about the interview, I think your fallout film is to a large extent courageous. It may only appeal to a very small choir.

Even if you had to bite your tongue and embellish, I think a 'build on the positives' would in a way let you finish the original interview without interruption. Of course, that might require a shift to pictures of scrawny kids, diseased wildlife, tales of suffering and some vague implication that hunting revenue is the only way out. Only a little opinion is all, thanks for your resolve and sharing.
Posted By: Gunwolf Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/20/16 05:15 PM
I wished, there would exist any politician able to do the job as well as you!

Gunwolf
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/21/16 12:33 PM
The Dig/Morgan thing reminds me of a debate I attended several years ago. The Iowa State University chapter of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) had invited animal rights heavy hitter Wayne Pacelle to campus, where he would debate Richard Bishop, then Chief of Wildlife with the Iowa DNR. I think the HSUS folks thought Pacelle would have a friendly audience in his debate with a wildlife biologist. Instead, the word got out to local gun clubs, Pheasants Forever chapters, etc. Room full to overflowing with people wearing either camo or blaze orange. Result: The aninal rights types in attendance were very quiet. And Bishop cleaned Pacelle's clock, much as Dig did with Morgan.
Posted By: LeverHead Re: Piers Morgan interview - 04/21/16 12:48 PM
The sad part is, people on Morgan's side of the fence probably see this as a win.

All he did was spew emotion based uninformed protest, and when Dig would start to reply with a thoughtful answer, Morgan would sidestep it and pile on the hate for wealthy Americans, which is so hypocritical given the amount of money he made in America.
Posted By: mbatten Re: Piers Morgan interview - 06/17/16 02:16 AM
Bravo, Dig!

Mr. Morgan is a boor!
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Piers Morgan interview - 06/17/16 02:40 AM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Bravo! Well done, Dig.

Have to admit I was somewhat distracted by the young lady. Nice legs. Might have a career on Fox if she were a blonde and could restrain liberal tendencies.

Morgan is a first class ass who doesn't have a clue when it comes to hunting.

I had to go back and watch it again and you're right Larry she does have some beautiful legs. smile
Posted By: postoak Re: Piers Morgan interview - 06/17/16 04:31 AM
I missed this earlier.

Great job Dig !

Hopefully you had quick access to a shower after being close to that
Sleaze bag.
Posted By: GMCS Re: Piers Morgan interview - 06/17/16 06:55 AM
Well done Dig
Posted By: old colonel Re: Piers Morgan interview - 06/17/16 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
Intelligence and good manners wins every time in public debate.

I wish that were true, but having a better more reasoned and sound argument does not guarantee a victory, much less being heard
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com