doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: HOS CSMC A-10 - 05/17/16 04:53 PM
Considering purchase of an A-10. Any experience with or views on this gun would be appreciated. Somewhat surprisingly, I could not find any posts on this topic. Thank you.
Posted By: Brittany Man Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/17/16 05:45 PM
Here is a link to a thread over @ Shotgun World that discusses several different opinions on the A-10.
www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=437797
Posted By: bobski Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/18/16 05:21 PM
from what i gathered, they are renamed beretta S0-5's.
Posted By: btdtst Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/18/16 06:38 PM
I have several of them. Very happy with them. PM me if you want further info.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/18/16 09:15 PM
Originally Posted By: bobski
from what i gathered, they are renamed beretta S0-5's.

Not true in the least. Different lock-up entirely, but moreso different quality. S0 guns are basically hand made and engraved, A10's, not so much.
JR
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/19/16 04:52 PM
Know of one in AR that the guy told me would not function after several trips back. Glad to hear that there a lots of good one out there.

bill
Posted By: zwego Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/20/16 12:25 AM
A good friend shoots an A10 in sporting clays competition and has been successful with it. He bought it when it was launched and got a good deal. However, it has not been without issues. He sent it back initially because the frame to barrel clearance was too tight to the point that it was extremely difficult to assemble. Fortunately we live only a few hrs from CSMC so he took it over and they repaired it. He then had a problem with the stock splitting around the lock and again it had to go back. This time there was a charge to repair/replace the stock. Each time the gun was in the shop for about a month or more which is not great when it is a competition gun that you depend on. FWIW, the lockup is not like a SO although the exterior bears a resemblance. The gun has similar locking system to a Beretta 680 series. Overall it is a very nice gun but now somewhat expensive. If I had to choose between an A10 and a used SO - at about the same price - I would certainly pick a SO grade Beretta as they are truly a hand made gun and are wonderfully built. Z
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/20/16 12:38 AM
He should have known better than to put his faith in an unproven gun for competition, IMO. The number of returns for repairs on CSMC guns is unbelievable.

SRH
Posted By: bbman3 Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/20/16 12:43 AM
Look on Shooting Sportsman Gun Forum. Bobby
Posted By: btdtst Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/20/16 01:44 AM
I believe I have posted here before about my A-10s. Have had zero problems with close to 20,000 rounds through them.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: CSMC A-10 - 05/20/16 04:39 AM
They are also very hard to sell at anywhere near what they should for a clean used one. CSMC will not even consider when you ask about trading one in on something else.
JR
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com