doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw Calling Dickinson 28ga Owners - Need Help - 07/30/16 07:22 PM
Hi all, say, do any of you 28ga Dickinson owners know what the bore diameter is on your Dickinson? And with that, are the choke tubes close to what they are marked?

I know you have to pattern the gun, but I just looking for some ballpark figures.

Thanks!

Greg
Ok,
my buddies gun is still here so....

Full .523
IM .528
M .536
IC .538
Cyl .542

rear diameter of chokes are between .555 and .559 measured with dial calipers. I screwed in the choke that measures .555 at the back, and the bore looks like it will be close to .542, given the size of the step.
I don't have a bore gauge here at the house.

Kind of wierd numbers.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Calling Dickinson 28ga Owners - Need Help - 07/31/16 03:08 AM
If I remember correctly, my 28-gauge cylinder marked choke measured a negative .003 constriction.
Greg,
Just measured my buddies 28ga bore.

right .542
Left .540

Telescope gauge and micrometer an inch behind the chokes.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: gjw Re: Calling Dickinson 28ga Owners - Need Help - 08/03/16 10:10 PM
Thanks Bill!! I did order a small caliper, so I should be able to measure my 20's as well.

Thanks again!

Greg
Posted By: gjw Re: Calling Dickinson 28ga Owners - Need Help - 08/03/16 11:21 PM
Hi all, I just measured my choke tubes and here's what I got:

Cyl - .542
IC - .538
M - .534
IM - .530
F - .523

Close to what Bill got.

Best,

Greg
How does she shoot?? smile
You going to have to bend the barrels around a tree? or bag of shot or eat some cheesecake to make the jowls thicker?
What fun, what fun to test new guns.
Posted By: gjw Re: Calling Dickinson 28ga Owners - Need Help - 08/03/16 11:37 PM
Hey Mike, I did take her out when I first got her, shot well, didn't pattern it except for clays. Broke more than I missed (my fault not the gun). The LOP is too long for me, got some cheek slap, so she's at the Smith now. Getting a plate put on her as we speak.

Best,

Greg
How would you rate the trigger pull weights ?
Posted By: gjw Re: Calling Dickinson 28ga Owners - Need Help - 08/04/16 01:09 AM
Originally Posted By: teeny350
How would you rate the trigger pull weights ?

Hi, I don't have a gauge, but the triggers are light and very crisp. To be honest, they are a bit better or equal to some of my Brit guns.

Now, my Dickinson 16ga with a ST is another story. The pulls have no creep but are heavy. They are ok for hunting, but wouldn't want them if I was in a Clay's Competition.

Best,

Greg
Originally Posted By: gjw
Hi all, I just measured my choke tubes and here's what I got:

Cyl - .542
IC - .538
M - .534
IM - .530
F - .523

Close to what Bill got.

Best,

Greg

Greg, I like those constrictions! WAY better than the Parker Reproduction people, who seemed to think that 28ga guns need 12ga choke constrictions. (Comparable constrictions on a 28 ought to be just about half what they are on a 12.) Enjoy that little beauty. Bird season is fast approaching. Reminds me that I need to dust off my Quail 1 & 2 28ga Repro and shoot her a little. Had a chance to use that gun on quail quite a bit. Chokes measure 004/008. Worked out extremely well. Didn't get a chance to use her on grouse and woodcock, but we'll remedy that this season.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com