doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: big al1 Need Help - 09/25/16 02:01 PM
can someone help me with a matter,i am trying to import a shotgun from a Italian company and they mention that i a need import document papers.Who can i contact?and which papers to ask for?Also can i pay my owe shipping?instead of having them do it?
Posted By: James M Re: Need Help - 09/25/16 02:21 PM
The best advise I can give you is to contact your nearest FFL dealer and ask them to help. The regulations permit all 01 FFLs to occasionally import a non-military type firearm and your shotgun should meet this criteria. The form that needs to be completed is a Form 6. There is information of course that the Italian company will have to provide as well.I haven't done this in quite awhile and I suspect I'm leaving some things out but others should be along to provide additional information.
Jim
Posted By: Linn Re: Need Help - 09/26/16 01:19 AM
Try trimports.com
Don't know if they are still in business
Posted By: texasquailguy Re: Need Help - 09/26/16 02:12 AM

I'd use an experienced importer; you've got NEGC (New England Custom Gun Company) and there are others. Some one who really knows what they are doing might cost some more $$$, but it will save time and possibly trouble.
http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/Gun_Services/
Posted By: Claybird Re: Need Help - 09/26/16 02:11 PM
Your profile says you are from the Northeast. You might try Griffin & Howe in NJ.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Need Help - 09/26/16 02:19 PM
I have used Briley in the past and they were very good. At that time they were doing screw chokes on guns from overseas. A gun coming in from overseas was routine and they handled mine like it was just a common job, the price was very reasonable.

bill
Posted By: GGress Re: Need Help - 09/26/16 02:27 PM
I believe Steve Bertram (SKB here) does imports.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com