doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Fin2Feather Photobucket - 10/28/16 04:09 PM
Anybody else having trouble with that site? Slower than dirt, a million pop-ups anymore, and half the time doesn't seem to work at all!
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 04:12 PM
Yes, it has been very slow for me this past week, so slow that it has timed out a few times and I had to keep trying to log on. Couldn't get on for most of the day a couple of days ago.
Posted By: steve f Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 04:22 PM
Try Imgur guys. I gave up on Photobucket a long time ago.
Posted By: trw999 Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 06:20 PM
I also consistently find problems with PB. Frustratingly slow now.

Tim
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
Anybody else having trouble with that site? Slower than dirt, a million pop-ups anymore, and half the time doesn't seem to work at all!

Yes!! A few years back it was great now with all of those pop ups appearing on that site they jam my computer. Even the mouse won't work.
Posted By: VictoryXC Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 07:33 PM
What are some of the better alternatives?
Posted By: Utah Shotgunner Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 07:46 PM
Been slow, but have waited it out as I have something like 8000+ pics on my account.

For the pop-ups? Never see them. Firefox w/ ad block.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 07:47 PM
steve,

How difficult is it to transfer a couple hundred photos from Photobucket to Imgur, or do you have to start from scratch uploading them from your photos into Imgur?

SRH
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner
Been slow, but have waited it out as I have something like 8000+ pics on my account.

For the pop-ups? Never see them. Firefox w/ ad block.

Like you I have a lot of photos already there or I would have given up a long time ago. I use Firefox & ad block too; still get 2-3 pop-ups every time I get on the site. I'd tell you what they are if I could get on! Today it mostly times out or I get an "unexpected error" screen.

Later: whaddaya know; I got on! First a scrolling ad square in the lower right hand corner; then a full page of "sponsored ads" with the heading "continue to site"; then a couple of scrolling ad squares among my photos - an $11 large sausage Casey's pizza, something called Creative Cloud, and Columbia sportswear from Dicks Sporting goods among others.
Posted By: GLS Re: Photobucket - 10/28/16 08:40 PM
I just paid $10 a year to get rid of the ads. That helps some, but the site still bogs down on edit. It's miserable to operate. Hunt101 has changed formats on me and I need to sit down and figure out what that's all about. Gil
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Photobucket - 10/29/16 03:40 AM
Thank you for that Gil. I've been tempted to pony up the money to make it better. I won't bother now. I'm far-more tolerant of it as a "freebie".
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com