doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: h d hawg'r bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 05:08 PM
I got an email from Bobby's (bbman3) email last week, that his daughter had sent to me. They thought he had had a heart attack, but after some tests decided it was just a warning knock. They did a heart cath but were not able to put in stents so they scheduled him for heart surgery. I talked to him on the phone Monday and he was in real good spirits about the whole thing. They did the surgery yesterday (Tuesday) around noon, so I waited til about 8:00 and called his daughter to check on him. She said the surgery went great and he was doin real good before her and her mom went home. They figure he will be released in another 5 or 6 days to go home, but of course he will be limited as to what he can do.
If y'all would, would you please offer Thanks to our Heavenly Father for watchin over Bobby, and pray for his healing process, and comfort for his family?
Thanks folks, Curtis
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 05:14 PM
WIshes to Bobby for a speedy recovery.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 05:26 PM
Take it easy Bobby. Recovery is not immediate. Walk, walk, walk...Geo
Posted By: David Williamson Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 05:40 PM
Bobby, best wishes on a speedy recovery. You were lucky that they caught it in time. I went through almost the same procedure as you, but they did put 2 stents in.

Rest up and take it easy.
Posted By: GLS Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 05:47 PM
Thinking of you Bobby and hope you can get back home soon. Gil
Posted By: Tim Carney Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 06:07 PM
Best Wishes, Bobby for a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks for the word, Curtis.

Regards, Tim
Posted By: James M Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 06:21 PM
I will include Bobby in my daily prayers. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Jim
Posted By: topgun Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 06:36 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Brother Bobby; and may you feel at least 20 years younger when you do! Tom
Posted By: Craig Larter Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 06:36 PM
Best wishes on a speedy recovery!! Craig Larter
Posted By: Tom Bryant Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 07:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, Bobby. Hope your procedure makes you feel as good as mine did years ago.
Posted By: tut Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 09:29 PM
Bobby is a great guy. Wish him the very best.
Posted By: Wild Skies Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 10:18 PM
Wishing you nothing but the best Bobby!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 10:22 PM
Thanks, Curtis. Do you know if he is hospitalized in Augusta, or in Athens?

SRH
Posted By: craigd Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 10:42 PM
Only the best to Bobby and family.
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 10:54 PM
Hey Bobby, wishing you a full n speedy, er, ..Restoration?,,lol
cheers mate
Franc
Posted By: Silvers Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 11:03 PM
Bobby, my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery. frank
Posted By: Mike of the Mountain Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/16/16 11:46 PM
Happy to ask for quick healing and blessing for Bobby and the family.
Posted By: gjw Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 12:34 AM
Get well soon Bobby! I sure looked forward to our off line conversations and hope to have many, many more. You take care of yourself, and get better. Your in our prayers!!!!

God Bless

Greg
Posted By: tunes Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 01:16 AM
Best wishes for a full and quick recovery.
Posted By: dogon Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 01:41 AM
I wish you all the best Bobby. Follow your doctors orders and you should be back in action fairly quick.

Looking forward to seeing you post here in the near future!!
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 02:18 AM
It has been said that God does not subtract from a man"s life the time spent bird hunting in the outdoors. Here's wishing you many more Octobers!
Karl
Posted By: h d hawg'r Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 02:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Stan
Thanks, Curtis. Do you know if he is hospitalized in Augusta, or in Athens?

SRH

He is in Athens, don't know his new room # tho
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 02:31 AM
Thanks, Curtis. I'll try to reach him tomorrow.

SRH
Posted By: GMCS Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 02:32 AM
Best Wishes Walk Walk Walk.A good excuse to get a bird dog and need to train everyday good for ya both.
Posted By: GMCS Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 02:32 AM
Best Wishes Walk Walk Walk.A good excuse to get a bird dog and need to train everyday good for ya both.
Posted By: King Brown Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 03:08 AM
Been there, Bobby. Listen to your body. Be your own advocate with your health, depending on yourself to get back, no one else. I've been reading your good nature for years. Your spirit will get you through.
Posted By: GLS Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 11:11 AM
Hopefully Bobby still has ole' Bo, his Brittany. He'll get him up and at 'em. Gil
Posted By: L. Brown Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 12:32 PM
Take it easy, Bobby. Hope to see you back here soon. And hope you're out walking the fields with your Brittany soon after that.
Posted By: ithaca1 Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 12:39 PM
Praying for your full recovery Bobby. I hear that 20ga VH calling your name for it's next walk in the woods.
Posted By: keith Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/17/16 02:23 PM
Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery Bobby. And keep in touch to let us know how you're doing.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 12:45 AM
I just got off the phone with Bobby. He is still in the hospital but thinks he may get to go home tomorrow or Saturday. Sounds just like the same old Bobby I know. Worried because he has no appetite. I think he's gonna be just fine when he gets over the surgery.

SRH
Posted By: tw Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 02:04 AM
Not having an appetite following surgery is not abnormal, in my limited observations.

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery, Bobby. That you should be home for thanksgiving is a blessing in and of itself.

We should all take note of that; those w/family as well as those w/o. To be here at all is a Grace.
Posted By: bbman3 Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 02:27 AM
He is in Athens Regional currently in room 4133 cardiac step down unit. Direct phone number to his room is 706-475-4133. I hope he will get to come home on Monday or Tuesday.
Posted By: wingshooter16 Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 03:09 PM
Just got off the phone with him, says to tell everyone he's doing fine. No heart damage, appetite slowly coming back.

Mike
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 04:00 PM
I was told the anesthesia causes the loss of appetite/change in taste problem. I couldn't eat normally for six months following open heart earlier this year. Not the recommended way to lose weight but it was effective in my case.

Don't sweat the appetite Bobby; just get all the exercise you can handle and think up some goals. Maybe a Turkey this spring, or a trip next fall somewhere you want to go. Recovery is a matter of months not days. Best Wishes...Geo
Posted By: gil russell Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 08:40 PM
Bobby: Had not checked BBS this week so I just learned of your situation. I hope you are on your way home now (Fri) and wishing you a full and complete recovery. Kind regards, Gil
Posted By: Riprap Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/18/16 11:52 PM
Bobby, you are in our thoughts and prayers James
Posted By: Birdhunter2 Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/19/16 01:05 AM
I had a nice visit with Bobby earlier today. He is doing as well as can be expected following triple bypass surgery. He is hopeful to be discharged within a few days (and is certainly ready to be out of the hospital) and his doctors are optimistic for a full recovery. He and his family were very appreciative of all the prayers and support he has received from friends and he is looking forward to the day he gets back to shooting his doubleguns.
Posted By: Dan S. W. Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/19/16 04:44 AM
The positive energy of the Bulldog nation is with him. Better to convalesce in Athens during football season than be well most anywhere else. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: 28 gauge shooter Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/22/16 01:23 AM
Get well my friend
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/24/16 10:43 PM
Spoke with our buddy today and he is feeling better, at home, and took his first shower in two weeks. He sounded good, and his appetite is coming back. Said he ate a good breakfast this morning.

He said to tell everyone he appreciates the prayers and please continue them until he is fully recovered. Said he will be able to drive a little in about two more weeks.

SRH
Posted By: dogon Re: bbman3 is in the hospital - 11/25/16 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Stan
Spoke with our buddy today and he is feeling better, at home, and took his first shower in two weeks. He sounded good, and his appetite is coming back. Said he ate a good breakfast this morning.

He said to tell everyone he appreciates the prayers and please continue them until he is fully recovered. Said he will be able to drive a little in about two more weeks.

SRH

Great news!!!! Thanks for the update!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com