doublegunshop.com - home
Sad news from England. British gunmaking has truly lost one of its most energetic leaders:

https://www.theexplora.com/simon-dominic-clode-chairman-managing-director-1956-2016/#comments
Thank you for the note.
That is sad news. He lived a full, rich life.

"If I die tomorrow I wouldn't care because I have seen the elephant and smelled the smoke of Africa."
Hard to believe. I noticed his posts had tailed off on the Blog, but I always thought he would be back online again shortly. Hopefully there is a succession plan in place for the wonderful WR&Co and we can continue to collect and shoot their lovely guns in years to come.
I really loved reading his blog. Very sad. Gone too soon and a hell of a contribution to double guns!
It is indeed very sad. I shall miss his wonderful photographs and really interesting musings on the Explora.

Tim
Simon will be sorely missed! He took WR to the top of the English guntrade - and was a unique and forceful spirit...
Very very sad day, I'll truly miss his insights.
One of the good guys.

One of the things I admired about Mr. Clode was his bringing along all of the young people that were employed by WR. A visionary in the sporting gun world.
So sorry to hear of his passing. He was always very kind in his replies to my inquiries. RIP, Mr. Clode.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com