doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: HomelessjOe It's been... - 01/20/17 05:59 PM
It's been 8 long years since the United States has had a real president.

Welcome aboard Mr. Trump.
Posted By: Jpari Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 06:10 PM
I loved his inaugural address. I hope that he is true to his word. I want to see him succeed, since, if he succeeds then so do we as the people.
Posted By: Flintfan Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 06:10 PM
I'd say that wait was closer to 29 years...
Posted By: kirkp Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 06:40 PM
I'm hoping for the sake of the US that he can pull it off. My concern is that he's promised the universe and he'll be unable to deliver. Hopefully the reality of running a country and not a business doesn't hit him and blow his plan to sh**.
Kirk
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 07:09 PM
He was obviously ill during the entire speech. Probably something he ate. It looked from the expressions on the faces of the Democrats and the Establishment Republicans sitting behind him, he must have been constantly "breaking wind" directly into their faces.

Regards
Ken
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: kirkp
I'm hoping for the sake of the US that he can pull it off. My concern is that he's promised the universe and he'll be unable to deliver. Hopefully the reality of running a country and not a business doesn't hit him and blow his plan to sh**....

It's a credit to him that he's thought to have plans. For me, if he golfs and builds hotels for the next four years, it'll literally be much better than hill dumping tens of thousands of pages of exec proclamations on the country every Sunday evening. But, the momentum is there, and he knows what to do with it.
Posted By: Fourteener54 Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 07:49 PM
I got a laugh from Secretary of Treasury Nominee, Steven Mnuchin, "I forgot about my $100M in real estate", "I forgot about the Cayman Island Hedge Fund management position" "The kid's $1M in art.

"It was a simple mistake amid a mountain of bureaucracy, an innocent error"

Goldman Sachs - "Our client's interests always come first"

Where did I put that Swamp Pump?
Posted By: David Williamson Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 07:52 PM
I thought his speech was great, not what the media expected from his short prelude speech from the night before. They thought that he was going to succumb to their way of thinking once elected. Wrong.

In reference to Ken's post, he was basically telling them to s*it or get off the pot.
It would be great to see these changes and I believe he will do the best that he can but it will not happen overnight. We will see how long it takes for the first change.
Posted By: kirkp Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 08:09 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am not a Hillary fan. Trump has ideas, not sure that there's been any evidence offered that he has plans that are realistic. Got my fingers crossed.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 08:25 PM
Every President goes in with high expectations. D.C. Is such a blob of inert interest that getting things done by passing laws is very hard. But he can undo a lot of regulations and a lot of these Executive Orders with a stroke of a pen. He can freeze Federal hiring which will reduce the Federal workforce overtime. Just appointing people to run the EPA with reasonable regulations would help a lot.

I'd be happy if he can get 1/3 of his things done in four years because Hillary would have done none of them. She would have headed in the opposite direction as fast as her fat little legs could take her and our money with her.

On a brighter note do you think she, Hillary, would like to be an ambassador? Maybe Libya? She knows it's always been safe. She'd be close to her Middle East friends.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 09:08 PM
He'll reduce regulations, reduce taxes, appoint Supreme Court and lower Federal court judges, expand domestic energy production, repeal Obamacare, if he just gets that done this economy will explode. And he can get most of that done with just a simple majority in both Houses. I think.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 09:23 PM
There may be unforeseen consequences of his hostile take-over of the party. With no specific prescriptions, we'll just have to wait and see.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
There may be unforeseen consequences of his hostile take-over of the party. With no specific prescriptions, we'll just have to wait and see.

"Hostile Take-Over"? Comrade Sralin, I've been eagerly anticipating what type of backhand slur and insult you've been contemplating for our new President. I see you're not only taking the " evil capitalism" bent, but asserting the "fake news" (propaganda) pap of "no specific prescription", or that President Trump didn't run on specific issues. Nothing like the absurd opinion of a Commie Foreigner trying to assert his typical sociopathic, statist, religious,demonization claptrap and mumbo-jumbo. Listen to his speech? I imagine you sitting there with your defibrillator set on auto, just in case. If not now, I have no doubt you'll need it before long. Please keep it coming, no matter how many times you float to the top of our American Punchbowl, I'll happily be here to flush you back down where you belong.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 09:46 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL! ! ! !

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 09:57 PM
Ease up, friend. Just a factual and benign observation. US-divided needs less, not more of hubris and divisive nonsense.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:06 PM
Irrelevant opinion from an America-hating Commie Canadian. You insult my Country, you pay for it. Cause and effect.

Besides, it's FUN!
Posted By: Bartlett Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:10 PM
One of the great things about democracies is the winners deserve what they get. Right?
Jeremy
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:39 PM
Ease up, friend. Just a factual and benign observation. US-divided needs less, not more of hubris and divisive nonsense.

Amigo, without a little divisive nonsense, how would we ever know about his partnership with putin? I think you really need the new President. Could you imagine one of us here finding out that bo can only charge fifty bucks a speech?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:40 PM
Hello, Jeremy!

Been to Chicago lately?

Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:48 PM
Fifty bucks? Wait 'till those Nova Scotia yahoos try paying him and hill with dead fish and tree bugs.

Posted By: pooch Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:54 PM
French Canadian
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 10:54 PM
First, please let me congratulate my American friends for a wise decision. Like most of you here, I have been looking forward to today.

Perhaps the best thing that may come from a Trump presidency is the destruction of the idea that politicians can only speak about certain things, can only talk a certain way. Perhaps Trump can set an example for the rest of those in Washington and other halls of power as he destroys politically correct speech and reminds us all that the politicians serve the people. The royalty in both parties seem to have forgotten that fact.

I would also like to add that I'm a member of a firearms forum up here with 175,000 members. Overwhelmingly supportive of President Trump and America. And when I read the comments section that follow "news" stories in our major national newspaper covering the inauguration (in fact, thinly described attacks on Trump and America with that oh so gratingly superior attitude of not just Hillary supporters but FOREIGN Hillary supporters) they are again overwhelming supportive of Trump and disgusted by the media war that's been waged against him.

I don't know how Trump will treat Canada but it's good for the world to have someone finally pushing back against the bullshit that has infected the halls of power in the Western World.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 11:03 PM

There are always "unforeseen consequences" for any action taken. I'm sure there will be some with Trump. But in the meantime....

King, who would have foreseen that the Hope and Change guy would stoke the fires of racial division in America. 8 years ago, most of us hoped he might be able to improve things. Instead, he made them significantly worse.

Who would have foreseen his kowtowing to the religious fanatics in Tehran, his impotence in the face of the boy idiot king of North Korea. Who could have imagined his stoking of the Arab spring, only to abandon those who rose up expecting help, to their hideous fates.

Who could have imagined that despite being the most destructive and useless president in any of our lives, his gaffs and shortcomings would be so papered over by a fawning press, anxious to kiss his ass at every turn.

Who'd a thunk, eh King?
Posted By: pooch Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 11:54 PM
We voted for a Black guy and got a Red.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/20/17 11:58 PM
Events, yes, James, not always as you described, but we may agree on the gist of it: events as unforeseen consequences often have more bearing on presidential actions, as they did on their predecessors. They all learn Congress decides, unlike parliamentary systems where PMs legislate for better or worse.
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 12:08 AM

King--This afternoon I feel like a man who just served an eight year prison sentence and was finally granted parole.

Before you go to bed tonight make sure you remember to take your Geritol and Lydia Pinkhams......you'll feel better in the morning. smile
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 01:46 AM
....we may agree on the gist of it: events as unforeseen consequences often have more bearing on presidential actions....

Yup, one main event, fundamentally change the good ole US of A.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 01:54 AM
unlike parliamentary systems where PMs legislate for better or worse.

Only in the foolish parliamentary democracies that removed the selection of party leader (and thus Prime Ministers) from the MP's and put it in the hands of the party membership at large. Like Canada.

British MP's have no difficulty reigning in the stupidity of leaders who get too self important or are past their best before date.

Anyway, this is off topic. It's a great day in and for America!
Posted By: Fourteener54 Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken61
Irrelevant opinion from an America-hating Commie Canadian. You insult my Country, you pay for it. Cause and effect.

Besides, it's FUN!

Let's us keep an open forum and not more vitriol, please
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 02:03 AM
All cool here, JRB. How many times have I said that I have faith in America's institutions, "which always get it right over time."

You surely haven't forgotten my prediction at the last administration change, when all hands here were weeping and wailing about losing their guns.

I said any changes could only be cosmetic ones because "Americans are in love with their guns." I'm pleased you're feeling better.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Fourteener54

Besides, it's FUN!

Let's us keep an open forum and not more vitriol, please

You've directed your post to the wrong person. I respond to violations of decorum, I do not instigate them. I suggest you rethink your reaction.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 02:30 AM
Why are you getting frazzled over my observation, Ken, as if you never heard of The Tea Party, and opinions differing from yours become violations of decorum?

Decorum means "seemliness, propriety, etiquette; particular usage required by politeness or decency"---OED. Like yours above.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 02:35 AM
Why are you getting frazzled over my observation, Ken, as if you never heard of The Tea Party, and opinions differing from yours become violations of decorum?

Decorum means "seemliness, propriety, etiquette; particular usage required by politeness or decency"---OED. Like yours above.

Frazzled? Hardly. I swear, King. You're to the point that you've been casually insulting America and Americans so long that you no longer understand or comprehend you're doing it. Have no fear, I'll be sure to point it out for you.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 02:39 AM
Guys like King eventually get Domi'ed. Just a matter of time.

Posted By: KY Jon Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 03:40 AM
I don't think Trump cares a rats ass about taking over "leadership" of the Republican party. Controlling them is like herding cats. He owes them nothing and they owe him very little directly. Indirectly they will get blamed, along with him, if nothing gets done and all in the house and a third in the Senate must run in two years. Kind of feet to the fire.

I heard his speech today and he directly smacked down both parties leadership and both of the last two Presidents. Minced no words about getting things done. We have had grid lock for 20 plus years. Time to get back to work. And if you listened he as much as said the K street lobbies and other "think" tank types are not going to have a lot of input or write the bills for a while.

It all about momentum. If he gets a lot done in 30-90 days, even if it is just repealing almost every Obama executive order, it will seem like a avalanche. Repeal Obamacare, in parts and replace it with workable solutions, over the first few months will make opposing him almost too risky for a lot of politicians.

He is a deal maker at heart and will be able to get both sides to agree to somethings like road and bridges being a priority. He wont get it all but 3/4 a loaf is much better than none and that was what Obama settled for. His way or he was happy to see nothing done. He was one of the worst leaders I have ever seen in my lifetime.
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 04:08 AM
As long as you go by your Constitution (especially the 1st Amendment) and stick to the great American tradition of treating the leaders rationally (and not believing in them like in some kind of Gods), you'll be fine.
Posted By: old colonel Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 04:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Fourteener54
I got a laugh from Secretary of Treasury Nominee, Steven Mnuchin, "I forgot about my $100M in real estate", "I forgot about the Cayman Island Hedge Fund management position" "The kid's $1M in art.

"It was a simple mistake amid a mountain of bureaucracy, an innocent error"

Goldman Sachs - "Our client's interests always come first"

Where did I put that Swamp Pump?

Taking him at his word, it must suck to have so much money you forget about that much wealth. (a little irony)

Remember the Former President's first Treasury Secretary was unable to file his personal taxes properly.

That said in Trumps nominee's case, maybe it takes a guy who knows all the tricks because he practiced them to understand them and put the interests of his new clients, the American People first. (given confirmation)

At this point all the confirmation process sniping is not sure indicator of future campaign promise delivery. Past Presidents (FDR - Kennedy) made big use no previous government experience private business office appointments with mixed success, some worked well (at least from the appointing President's perspective), some did not.

In the end we will have to see what gets delivered by the new administration a few years down the road. While I have doubts, they fail to compare to what my doubts on what Hilary would have done.
Posted By: mc Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 05:12 AM
king, we love our Constitution,all of it but in particular the second amendment.former president obama had a history of wanting to ban private ownership of firearms.we shouldn't have to fight for our rights every time we change leaders.so it was worrisome when former president obama was elected.(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)
Posted By: KY Jon Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 05:52 AM
MC, Why is it that people from cities with high gun crime rates all seem to think gun control will reduce gun crimes? The war on drugs, which made them illegal and the possession the same, has done nothing to reduce drugs. There is a total disconnect there. If you were to see how many guns used in crimes were registered and legally owned at the time of the crime I bet it would be less than 10%. If so that is a 90% criminal rate before they pull the trigger. But making all drugs illegal has not stopped them and to make all guns the same will have the same poor result.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 12:53 PM
Re an earlier remark: A federal hiring freeze would be a contradiction of President Trump's plan to expand the military. Now if they were to cut one civilian in the Pentagon for every 10 soldiers, sailors, airmen or Marines they enlist, that might be a good idea.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 12:57 PM
Originally Posted By: mc
(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

It does have a nice "ring" to it, eh?

SRH
Posted By: mc Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 01:07 PM
kyjohn,im confused by your comment?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 01:15 PM
king, we love our Constitution,all of it but in particular the second amendment.former president obama had a history of wanting to ban private ownership of firearms.we shouldn't have to fight for our rights every time we change leaders.so it was worrisome when former president obama was elected.(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

When Obama went in office he could have taken on gun control and made deep inroads in destroying the second amendment had he chosen to do so...

Instead he chose to morally destroy our country.

He should be charged with treason and locked away with his husband and the Clintons in Gitmo.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe

When Obama went in office he could have taken on gun control and made deep inroads in destroying the second amendment had he chosen to do so...

He should be charged with treason and locked away with his husband and the Clintons in Gitmo.

Obama did take actions promoting gun control. His only obstacle was the Senate filibuster, and even then only after the death of Ted Kennedy and Scott Brown's election. The only thing that really stopped him was that some Democrat Senators were from Red States and were on the record against it.

This was the whole point of "Fast and Furious", a False Flag attack designed to shift public opinion in favor of Gun Control. I remember the daily reporting by Obama's minions at the press briefing, reporting on the carnage in Mexico, always linked to guns coming from America. It was only after Whistle Blowers exposed that the guns were being fed by the Obama administration did it stop.

Obama should have been impeached, and him and Holder should have been extradited to Mexico.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 02:51 PM
MC, It is an observation that those who would infringe on your right all seem to justify it by saying it will make everyone else safer. Which taking rights away from one group does not make anyone safer. I don't like the protesters but I do respect their right to protest as a form of free speech. It is not hate speech as they too often see anything said by those who don't support their views. Now violence has nothing to do with free speech and for that they should be arrested.

The Left has become too intolerant these days of anything but their views. If I wanted to be a organic only, vegetarian, only using PC speech, driving a Prius hybrid and living a zero carbon foot print life I would choose to do so myself not be forced to do so at someone else direction.

And for the record I agree that Holder should face criminal charges. Refusing to enforce laws is not his right. He is there to make sure all laws are enforced, not just those he likes. Fast and Furious was a conspiracy and those who ran it should go to jail. It killed many people, all for a political agenda. Those who were behind it should be exposed, their motives exposed and they should be in jail.
Posted By: mc Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 04:25 PM
any one know where john kerry is?i heard he was working up to the last minute,and for the record,obama would have taken every gun away if he thought he could,and anyone involved in fast and furious should be in jail,who the hell came up with that good idea,and why would anyone go along with it?
Posted By: tut Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Re an earlier remark: A federal hiring freeze would be a contradiction of President Trump's plan to expand the military. Now if they were to cut one civilian in the Pentagon for every 10 soldiers, sailors, airmen or Marines they enlist, that might be a good idea.

In theory a great idea. Unfortunately none of those active duty folks know how to buy a bean or a bullet, get it delivered and reshipped to the war fighter. I think the support tail as I call it is way too large, but the reality is the operators who use all that stuff in the military don't want to worry about anything but having the stuff. I remember years ago we had DEA try to give us a bunch of confiscated boats/airplanes/vehicles and said hey, its all free. We said where is the money to support all this stuff actually working and continuing to work for the next 5 or 10 years (we called it the tail). Without the tail all the best equipment in the world goes into a state of disrepair in short order. If your not giving us the tail, don't give us the tooth as pretty soon all those teeth fall out.

If Trump does rebuilt the military I hope he not only adds soldiers/equipment but also hires the number of civil servants required to support that war fighter and cuts the number of industrial contractors who are making tons and tons of tax payer money well beyond what a government civil servant would make to do the same exact job.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 05:44 PM
tut, I don't do you a favour by agreeing with you. My sentiments are of a minority here but of a majority on the evidence of your popular vote and enormous, unprecedented public blowback today.

What you say of the "tail"---which makes everything run--- is at the heart of our perilous times. The USA is comprised of more than middle-aged white men, understandably frustrated as they are. Government isn't a business, and can't be run like one, not a single part of it, particularly the military.

The president and commander-in-chief is a businessman of no civic or military experience who seems to have forgotten the No. 1 management rule of knowing your customer, the American people, the American culture, their institutions. His rhetoric doesn't even square with those he has chosen to execute it.

Your "tail" reference really struck a chord with me. During the Second World War, the Japanese military knew early on there was no hope of victory when a wing modification from a Zero shot down in the Aleutians turned up in an American fighter in little more than a year. The American tail is its people. It's not all about him.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:04 PM
King....you have these complaints about Trump being a "business man" as though that gives him absolutely nothing in the way of prior experience in what may be required in governing.

Where was that concern when the US elected Obama, a man by all accounts with the thinest of resumes, with the least actual experience doing ANYTHING?????

The Left's hypocrisy raises its ugly head yet again. Really King, even you would have to admit this.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: canvasback
King....you have these complaints about Trump being a "business man" as though that gives him absolutely nothing in the way of prior experience in what may be required in governing.

Where was that concern when the US elected Obama, a man by all accounts with the thinest of resumes, with the least actual experience doing ANYTHING?????

The Left's hypocrisy raises its ugly head yet again. Really King, even you would have to admit this.

Someone should tell skeptics that "experience" is over-rated. Last one with experience was George W. Bush remember where he took us?
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:16 PM

I do not understand. When I go to stores and about town people still do things they used to before Obama. The lost rights came as result of The Patriot Act which was instituted under president george w. bush.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

Someone should tell skeptics that "experience" is over-rated. Last one with experience was George W. Bush remember where he took us?

Experience....no experience. In this area or that.

I'm not making a judgement of the value of experience when it comes to being President of the US. I am making a judgement about people who apply different standards depending on whether they support or don't support a candidate. It's called hypocrisy.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:28 PM
I'm a businessman, no slight intended. In fact, more of business free trader getting government out of what citizens do better, a dynamic that won us 2014 one of most distinguished resource sector prizes in the world.

As for resumes, we're alone in managing provincial private lands forestry from the bottom-up without technocratic or bureaucratic interference, the most radical institutional change on the continent. Corporations suck public teat.

We have experience as owners of the land, and the moxy to force governments to let us do it with greater competence, less expense and no public blow-back. Our businessmen and women are a big part of it.

Leadership, James. Leadership.
Posted By: Dave K Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:52 PM
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 06:54 PM
All cool here, JRB. How many times have I said that I have faith in America's institutions, "which always get it right over time."

You surely haven't forgotten my prediction at the last administration change, when all hands here were weeping and wailing about losing their guns.

I said any changes could only be cosmetic ones because "Americans are in love with their guns." I'm pleased you're feeling better.

No thanks to you King! Why don't you tell us the whole story, beginning with your prediction that Trump would be defeated in a massive landslide by your favored anti-gun candidate Hillary Clinton?

Then be sure to tell everyone how you suggested that we and the NRA should give in to Obama and the anti-gun forces after the Newtown school attack. Did you forget about that King? The thread was locked, so using the QUOTE function is not possible:

But here's a quote by you King Brown, copied and pasted verbatim from your post # 308159 on 1/8/13 where you lambasted the NRA and suggested that they should consider the massive gun control Obama was attempting to shove down our throats as he exploited a tragedy to infringe upon our Constitutional Rights:

(Quote: King Brown)"Your messages appear as from one who hasn't been involved directly in action of what it takes to beat back grabbers other than a NRA membership. (And that antagonizing NRA comment while the nation mourning was no service to our cause, as I said here at the time. Better that the NRA would consider what Obama proposing and it would respond in good time in the country's best interests etc.) Unwarranted inflaming of public opinion is a mistake, and in confrontations of this kind, it's the faux pas that can kill you. Some November dandies come to mind." (Quote: King Brown)

Remember King, wherever there have been infringements upon our Gun Rights, they have been enacted by the type of Liberal Left Democrat politician that you support and defend. They are given aid and comfort by closet anti-gunners just like you. You lie about their intentions and attempt to LULL us into complacency about their anti-gun intentions.

During that exchange where you said that "Americans are in love with their guns", you left out some of it:

The Second is what originalists and others want it to be, the former seeing any variances as infringements. So it goes and ever will be. It is not inviolable and inalienable as some members want all of us to believe.

Americans love their guns. I said during the weeping and wailing of an anticipated Obama onslaught that any changes on his watch would be cosmetic. Gun rights are a minefield where any politician moves at her peril. The president's last 21 Executive Orders on gun control hardly got a mention here---if one, at all.

How convenient of you to leave out the juicy dishonest part about Obama's last 21 anti-gun executive order hardly getting a mention here... if at all? You know damn well that was a lie, and that Jim, myself, and numerous others did a hell of a lot more than merely mentioning it. We shoved your lying nose in it, yet you still went on to say this:

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

Once an anti-gun fraud, always an anti-gun fraud, eh King?

I'm kinda surprised to see James actually expect you to admit to the hypocrisy of the left. He knows that will never happen. And I'm pretty sure that old colonel, oops, I mean old hypocrite, will lambaste King for yet more of his thread diversion by going off on a tangent about his little pulpwood clear-cutting enterprise. Not!

Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 07:00 PM
I'm a businessman, no slight intended. In fact, more of business free trader getting government out of what citizens do better, a dynamic that won us 2014 one of most distinguished resource sector prizes in the world.

As for resumes, we're alone in managing provincial private lands forestry from the bottom-up without technocratic or bureaucratic interference, the most radical institutional change on the continent. Corporations suck public teat.

We have experience as owners of the land, and the moxy to force governments to let us do it with greater competence, less expense and no public blow-back. Our businessmen and women are a big part of it.

Leadership, James. Leadership.

Yes King, leadership IS important. Leadership is something Obama was given 8 years to offer and has been found lacking. Obama is a failed leader. Failed in America....failed around the world.

A FAILURE!

Trump has "led" his corporate empire for 30 plus years. He has led his employees to more successes than failures. And now we will see if he has what it takes to provide leadership to America.

I don't know if he does.....no one does at this point. But I didn't pretend that an attribute my guy definitely doesn't have is a prerequisite for your guy's success.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 07:05 PM
Jagermeister, could you please help to divert this thread to a discussion about double guns?

You could start by telling us about some of your doubles.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot. You don't even own any doubles. You're just here to Troll your own support for Liberal Left anti-gun politicians by also pretending to be a double gun afficionado... something like King Brown does.

Don't worry though. FUDD's like old colonel will support having Trojan Horses like you in our midst. But at least show us a picture of that Chinese .22 rifle you rent, and your toy stuffed animal collection too.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 07:25 PM
Originally Posted By: keith
Jagermeister, could you please help to divert this thread to a discussion about double guns?

You could start by telling us about some of your doubles.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot. You don't even own any doubles. You're just here to Troll your own support for Liberal Left anti-gun politicians by also pretending to be a double gun afficionado... something like King Brown does.

Don't worry though. FUDD's like old colonel will support having Trojan Horses like you in our midst. But at least show us a picture of that Chinese .22 rifle you rent, and your toy stuffed animal collection too.

How come you have never posted pictures of your guns here?
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 07:38 PM

But I have. Sorry you missed them. You were probably busy campaigning for Barack Obama, the anti-gunner you told us you proudly voted for two times. Or maybe you were busy attempting to find some way to denigrate pro-gun politicians as you do every chance you get. Or you may have been busy composing threads about guns that you never had any intention of actually buying, such as your recent tire-kicking threads.

By the way, your recent claims that you voted for Trump after you spent the entire campaign posting negative remarks about him might fool Ed Good. But nobody with a brain is buying it.

And really, since I have been nothing but 100% pro-gun, pro-NRA, and pro 2nd Amendment... and never once supported an anti-gun politician... and have never pretended I was interested in buying some expensive double when I am so poor that I have to rent cheap Chinese .22's and put inexpensive guns on layaway... I don't think I have anything to prove to a Troll like you.

So once again, can you please tell us why you spend so much time here when you don't even own any doubles??? I have asked you that question about a hundred times with no reply.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 08:37 PM
I was agreeing with an earlier point about leadership and experience, James. Not Trump's or Obama's. Neither comes with initials after names or time on the job. In this case I was referring to mine with country folk collectively knowing better than governments and corporations how to do a lot of things---and doing it to the world's highest standards. As for popularity for performance on the job, compare Obama's after eight years and the incumbent's after one day: citizens in all the West's capitals taking to the streets, biggest thumbs-down at home and overseas in modern US history.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 08:50 PM
The fact that Obama makes you pee your pants is no indicator of his actual job performance King. Others have outlined his many failures and few successes, so I won't bother repeating them for an agenda driven anti-gun Liberal Left Socialist.

Here's a comparison of the record of Obama with your imaginary friend John F. Kennedy.

You probably were a close personal friend of Lincoln too:

Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 08:54 PM

But I have. Sorry you missed them. You were probably busy campaigning for Barack Obama, the anti-gunner you told us you proudly voted for two times. Or maybe you were busy attempting to find some way to denigrate pro-gun politicians as you do every chance you get. Or you may have been busy composing threads about guns that you never had any intention of actually buying, such as your recent tire-kicking threads.

By the way, your recent claims that you voted for Trump after you spent the entire campaign posting negative remarks about him might fool Ed Good. But nobody with a brain is buying it.

And really, since I have been nothing but 100% pro-gun, pro-NRA, and pro 2nd Amendment... and never once supported an anti-gun politician... and have never pretended I was interested in buying some expensive double when I am so poor that I have to rent cheap Chinese .22's and put inexpensive guns on layaway... I don't think I have anything to prove to a Troll like you.

So once again, can you please tell us why you spend so much time here when you don't even own any doubles??? I have asked you that question about a hundred times with no reply.

Hope you're laying when you see pics of my latest acquisition. This double is so ugly it is actually frightening. Man, state of the art with sighting provided by Aimpoint Micro H-1.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 08:58 PM
I can show you pics of Bo Whoop and the Czar's Parker. It wouldn't mean I actually own them. Fakers and frauds are a dime-a-dozen on the internet. You've played this game long enough for anyone with half a brain to know you're full of shit.

That said, you can take comfort in knowing that Ed Good and old colonel probably believe you.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 09:20 PM
I can show you pics of Bo Whoop and the Czar's Parker. It wouldn't mean I actually own them. Fakers and frauds are a dime-a-dozen on the internet. You've played this game long enough for anyone with half a brain to know you're full of shit.

That said, you can take comfort in knowing that Ed Good and old colonel probably believe you.

Ok, Me help you out. The Czar you're referring to patronized Lebeau-Courally not Parker Bros.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 09:27 PM
I was agreeing with an earlier point about leadership and experience, James. Not Trump's or Obama's. Neither comes with initials after names or time on the job. In this case I was referring to mine with country folk collectively knowing better than governments and corporations how to do a lot of things---and doing it to the world's highest standards. As for popularity for performance on the job, compare Obama's after eight years and the incumbent's after one day: citizens in all the West's capitals taking to the streets, biggest thumbs-down at home and overseas in modern US history.

Quote:
The president and commander-in-chief is a businessman of no civic or military experience who seems to have forgotten the No. 1 management rule of knowing your customer, the American people, the American culture, their institutions.

grin No you weren't, King. You were specifically referring to Trump's lack of civic or military experience and the clear inference was that his business experience would be of no value. You went on to aver that he had forgotten who his customer was.

Except that he got elected and your guy didn't. If there is anything one can say about the differences between the Hilary and Trump campaigns, it would be that Hillary, Obama and the DNC forgot so completely who the customer was, they took it as their God given right that they should win. The reality was that the DNC and all associated with it thought THEY were their own customer. That is the essence of the problem and what fostered Trump's success.

In a later post you talked about your own experience but that's not the post I responded to.

So again, I put it to you.....why (given your own experience in private enterprise) do you completely discount experience gained in the private sector and why did you not hold Obama to the same standard you are now trying to hold Trump to.

And finally, because you keep saying goofy things, how can any assessment of Trump's performance be based on the 24 hours since he was inaugurated and that be compared to one who has been on the job 8 years. Would you do that to any employee?
Posted By: Paul Harm Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 10:02 PM
Is Trumps approval rating taken from the same polls that said Clinton was going to win ? Like wise for Obamas' ratings.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 10:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Paul Harm
Is Trumps approval rating taken from the same polls that said Clinton was going to win ? Like wise for Obamas' ratings.

Hahaha! The anti-gunner and staunch supporter of anti-gun politicians King Brown believes what he wants to believe, and totally dismisses reality... such as a doubling of the National Debt to almost $20 trillion in only 8 years with next to nothing to show for it.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/21/17 11:49 PM
Yep, James, any employee who turned away customers with wilful actions on his first day would be shown the door. If citizens were filling the streets world-wide in protest, as during Trump's first day, those employing him have a big problem.

But to the point of what you say I said, quick on the draw without looking over the habitat. Page 6 your #470061 relates to "over-rated" experience, to which I replied #470062 "I'm a businessman, no slight intended" Further down your #470067 referring leadership problem and added obama failure."

Same page my #470075 refers again to leadership and experience, specifically mine. Now go back to Page 5 #470054, my reply to tut's think-again reply to a poster's suggestion re federal hiring freeze.Trump's experience and lack of it are subordinate to saying he seems to have forgot the first management rule: know your customer.

I made no inference that his business experience was of no value, nor aver that he "seems to have forgotten" who his customers are. I'm being generous. He knows what he's doing. Professing he would bring US together, he fought Republicans as much as Democrats to get to the White House, his scorn for intelligence services, state and media as virulent as ever.

You and I would be out of business, giving publics the finger.

Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 12:56 AM
....If citizens were filling the streets world-wide in protest, as during Trump's first day....

....his scorn for intelligence services....as virulent as ever....

Oh, oh. It seems like a new talking point came out, eh King? It's starting to be a repeat theme. I thought these 'protesters' had to apply for permits weeks ago? Maybe, a little bit of a coordinated effort and planning, eh? Kind of a knee slapper when they 'planned' to snub hill from the 'women's march', shows how sincere they were about hill being the champion of gals, eh? I wonder why hill wasn't front-n-center for the alphabet homosexual marchers, or the various other race baiting haters? Maybe that lock step pc kumbaya ain't getting the kind of mileage the the dems promise, eh?

As for first day in office, didn't President Trump head over to the CIA today, with a little media sunshine on the pow wow?
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 01:45 AM
Yeah, he went to CIA and from what's been reported I don't know if we'll ever hear the last of it: Trump arguing about media coverage, how God held off the rain for his speech, complaining about estimates of crowds, how media lied about his feud with intelligence agencies although tapes disproved with his own words. On this promised first day of action, craig. It's discouraging to me because he seems to purposely invite thunder on his head. I feel complicit in the nonsense to talk about it. I didn't watch it yesterday, saved my TV time for the womens' marches today. Made me feel US has always been great, like your Tea Party, alive and kicking to set things straight.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:24 AM
Ho Hum, why even bother to notice a bunch of Leftist funded rent-a-mobs? To use a term from eight years ago, "elections have consequences, we won".

Combativeness from the Trump camp is perfectly fine, it's about time there was push back on the daily false narratives coming from the Democrats.
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:49 AM
....I feel complicit in the nonsense to talk about it....

Yabut King, you are complicit. I've been waiting for you to 'talk' about the closing of the clinton global initiative, are they, aren't they?

Is the this a case of no pay because no more play, or is it some type of back channeling? You know, a bit of good will for the plea bargain, or are we stuck on soros funding the manifestation of talking points? You know, a feriner meddling.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:17 AM
Well, I don't know about this or that, all I want to know is, where the hell is Slovenia at?

Because I want to go there.

Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:32 AM
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Well, I don't know about this or that, all I want to know is, where the hell is Slovenia at?

Good wine country. Working from memory w/o Google, Bing,.... it is somewhere in North or North Western part of former Yugoslavia.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:45 AM
"...saved my TV time for the womens' marches today."

One of the most disturbing things I have ever read.

Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:49 AM
Yep, James, any employee who turned away customers with wilful actions on his first day would be shown the door. If citizens were filling the streets world-wide in protest, as during Trump's first day, those employing him have a big problem.

But to the point of what you say I said, quick on the draw without looking over the habitat. Page 6 your #470061 relates to "over-rated" experience, to which I replied #470062 "I'm a businessman, no slight intended" Further down your #470067 referring leadership problem and added obama failure."

Same page my #470075 refers again to leadership and experience, specifically mine. Now go back to Page 5 #470054, my reply to tut's think-again reply to a poster's suggestion re federal hiring freeze.Trump's experience and lack of it are subordinate to saying he seems to have forgot the first management rule: know your customer.

I made no inference that his business experience was of no value, nor aver that he "seems to have forgotten" who his customers are. I'm being generous. He knows what he's doing. Professing he would bring US together, he fought Republicans as much as Democrats to get to the White House, his scorn for intelligence services, state and media as virulent as ever.

You and I would be out of business, giving publics the finger.

King, I surveyed the territory before my fingers tapped out the keystrokes. Your defense doesn't wash.

I was making no comment about "over rated" experience. Nor was I defending Trump's business experience. But you were disparaging his experience. You were complaining that Trump had no military or civil experience. (And to be clear here, all that is being described by the "tail" is supply chain" Private sector has lots of experience with that. What they don't have experience with is the overwhelming bloat of the civil service).

So my point still stands.....Obama had no experience at anything but you totally overlooked that.....it's only an issue when it's the opposing guy.

I didn't comment on your subsequent drag in of your own experience. The only other things I said was the foolishness of judging performance of the President of the United States of America on the first 24 hours on the job. I hire people, I see what they can do first. I'm unlikely to pay attention to my competitors complaining about the guy I just hired. Because that's who is complaining King....not the customers....it's the competition.

And speaking of the hypocrisy of the Left, we haven't yet touched on their complaints and fears pre-election that Trump wouldn't "honour" the results but look what is happening now.

Lying phonies! The Left is a blot on the landscape of honourable men and women.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:50 AM

One of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to!
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:55 AM

One of the most beautiful countries I have ever been to!

An example of same was at the inauguration!!!
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:56 AM
Soros is nothing compared to fernier "meddling" on both hemispheres today, craig. The US has entered a fantasy phase, with the world bound in it. With what's confronting us, no one is dredging the past.

Obama removed the imprimatur of pariah state from the US but on the evidence today it's back again. Undeservedly because a majority of Americans preferred other than the incumbent. Bloody shame.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:02 AM
Posted By: Humpty Dumpty Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:48 AM
Too bad the Misfires thread was deleted from this board. We could roll back 8 years and read the comments on the Obama being elected. That pic above is exactly what many today's triumphers looked.

All in all, I think that's what happens each time America elects a new President. Half of the population goes "OMG, everything's lost", the other half goes "Hey, that's the best thing that could happen to this country!". 4 or 8 years later, things remain pretty much as they were.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Humpty Dumpty
Too bad the Misfires thread was deleted from this board. We could roll back 8 years and read the comments on the Obama being elected. That pic above is exactly what many today's triumphers looked.

All in all, I think that's what happens each time America elects a new President. Half of the population goes "OMG, everything's lost", the other half goes "Hey, that's the best thing that could happen to this country!". 4 or 8 years later, things remain pretty much as they were.

The reason is that "puppets" change, but the "puppet masters" pulling the strings remain the same. The "puppet masters" are the wealthy, those representing large corporations, financial institutions, and powerful lobby groups that represent special interests.

Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:06 AM
Soros is nothing compared to fernier "meddling"....

....a majority of Americans preferred other than the incumbent. Bloody shame.

Interesting. You think hill was the incumbent, eh? So did everyone else.

Bite your tongue King. Nothing? We have putin the great, meddling on one hand, and talking points on the other. It's a sad day indeed when the usefully reliable admit to what talking points really are.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:10 AM
Originally Posted By: craigd
Soros is nothing compared to fernier "meddling"....

....a majority of Americans preferred other than the incumbent. Bloody shame.

Interesting. You think hill was the incumbent, eh? So did everyone else.

Bite your tongue King. Nothing? We have putin the great, meddling on one hand, and talking points on the other. It's a sad day indeed when the usefully reliable admit to what talking points really are.

The problem for USA and EU is that Putin is a powerful, successful and capable leader. Europe would be much better if someone weak was in Moscow like Gorbachev or Yeltsin.
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Humpty Dumpty

The reason is that "puppets" change, but the "puppet masters" pulling the strings remain the same. The "puppet masters" are the wealthy, those representing large corporations, financial institutions, and powerful lobby groups that represent special interests.

Way to go jag. Try to razzle dazzle the fellow from a place where they can't change their puppet master. Yup, and he's filthy rich too.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 10:17 AM
Gee whiz Jagermeister, you should get a job as a political analyst. Then you might be able to actually afford to own a double shotgun of your very own.

Which brings us back to the question you steadfastly refuse to answer... Since you do not even own any doubles, why do you spend so much time here, other than Trolling your Liberal Left bullshit and supporting anti-gun politicians?

Do you think we really believe your recent claim that you voted for Trump after you spent the entire election cycle putting him down? Your B.S. is about as believable as your pal King's hokey claim that he took Jackie Kennedy on lunch dates.

Personally, I believe that you are little different than King Brown... who demonstrates his support for gun control by posting crap like this:

Post #455933 on 9/11/16--
Americans and Canadians favour gun control, including background checks. Gun control is far down the list of concerns of electorates. Those who consider gun control a public issue more important than the economy, national safety and security, access to healthcare etc have legitimate concerns. It doesn't give them the right to impugn the integrity of the citizenship and intelligence of majorities if they don't think as they do.
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 12:22 PM

The problem for USA and EU is that Putin is a powerful, successful and capable leader. Europe would be much better if someone weak was in Moscow like Gorbachev or Yeltsin.

That's why I voted for Trump. Putin and those damn Rooshuns hacked my hand at the precinct. CNN and NBC said so.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 12:58 PM
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:05 PM
I see all the usual suspects are still at it. Just keep it on the Rez, y'all.

Did you watch that Russian carrier wheezing through the English Channel? I thought it was going to either blow up or flip over. What a piece of junk.

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:14 PM
Incumbent reference is Trump, who lost the popular vote. What we're seeing now is the dissolving phantasmagoria of the punk's game, of which I've tried to enlighten partisans since arriving here. The system is rigged. Money rules social. Half a dozen men own half of it.There is no social democracy. Mass persuasion and mass lies are new normal. Remember when Sherman Adams, considered most powerful man in Washington as Ike's chief of staff, was fired for accepting a vicuna coat? Washington now is unrecognizable with all reptiles drained from the the swamp.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:26 PM
"Remember when Sherman Adams..."

Like it was yesterday.

Breath, King. Just breath. (though not around all the dead fish)

Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:50 PM
Incumbent reference is Trump, who lost the popular vote. What we're seeing now is the dissolving phantasmagoria of the punk's game, of which I've tried to enlighten partisans since arriving here. The system is rigged. Money rules social. Half a dozen men own half of it.There is no social democracy. Mass persuasion and mass lies are new normal. Remember when Sherman Adams, considered most powerful man in Washington as Ike's chief of staff, was fired for accepting a vicuna coat? Washington now is unrecognizable with all reptiles drained from the the swamp.

Amazing. I actually agree with a few of King's points, although he still has to insert his sociopathic, statist, religious morality in as well. Irregardless, he's inadvertently right on a few of them.

Winning the popular vote is irrelevant in America. It's tiresome to constantly reiterate this, as it's merely the current false narrative of the butt-hurt statists. Psychopolitical demonization is still the doctrine of the Democrats, and it what really shows is the deeply entrenched interference of the Soviet Union's meddling in American elections. Specifically, the insertion of unconstitutional, Marxist-Leninist religious dogma into the Democrat Party.

Yes, the "Punk's Game" is dissolving, the statist/globalist game of the Democrat Party, also supported by the Washington Establishment. It's been dissolving since 2010, evidenced by the steady erosion of Democrat power at all levels of government.

Mass persuasion using mass lies by the Democrat, statist totalitarians is finally being dissipated, as the monopoly on the press by leftists has been broken, allowing actual information to be provided, rather than the steady bilge of statist, religious morality.

The reaction of Marxist-Leninists is both predictable and expected, Demonization of success and wealth is the order of the day, in total denial of the fact that wealth in the private sector, despite who actually holds it, is far preferable to it's confiscation by ideologically sociopathic politicians who award it to their various supporters and victim cults, merely to use it to buy political power and support.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 02:54 PM

Amazing. I actually agree with a few of King's points, although his still has to insert his sociopathic, statist, religious morality in as well. Irregardless, he's inadvertently right on a few of them.

Winning the popular vote is irrelevant in America. It's tiresome to constantly reiterate this, as it's merely the current false narrative of the butt-hurt statists. Psychopolitical demonization is still the doctrine of the Democrats, and it what really shows is the deeply entrenched interference of the Soviet Union's meddling in American elections. Specifically, the insertion of unconstitutional, Marxist-Leninist religious dogma into the Democrat Party.

Yes, the "Punk's Game" is dissolving, the statist/globalist game of the Democrat Party, also supported by the Washington Establishment. It's been dissolving since 2010, evidenced by the steady erosion of Democrat power at all levels of government.

Mass persuasion using mass lies by the Democrat, statist totalitarians is finally being dissipated, as the monopoly on the press by leftists has been broken, allowing actual information to be provided, rather than the steady bilge of statist, religious morality.

The reaction of Marxist-Leninists is both predictable and expected, Demonization of success and wealth is the order of the day, in total denial of the fact that wealth in the private sector, despite who actually holds it, is far preferable to it's confiscation by ideologically sociopathic politicians who award it to their various supporters and victim cults, merely to use it to buy political power and support.

What is they say "what goes around rolls around"? As I said the billionaires own this country, therefore, they should be allowed to determine it's destination in the open. You know, like in them old days when there were kings, nobility, religious leaders that read, wrote and the rest of untouchables had the privilege of working for them. What is not to like?
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:40 PM
Funny, no billionaires own me, you may consider yourself to be owned by them. In reality, the true slave owners are the statist politicians of the Marxist-Leninist Welfare State, confiscating the freedom of all productive, non-parasitic Americans in order to buy the votes of entitled, Victim Cult sociopaths. The essesence of Statist Neoslavery.

No doubt you feel "oppressed" by these evil billionaires, but that's just your dogmatic religious belief. The issue is the freedom and opportunity to create wealth, not hindered by the evil billionaires, but by the very politicians you have previously supported, the Marxist-Leninist, sociopathically religious Democrats.
Posted By: pooch Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:44 PM
Billionaires can kill people by the hundreds. Governments kill people by the millions. WE have been ruled by a king, lets try a billionaire President.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 03:52 PM
Here's the statist you're expecting, Ken. Trump's Washington already beginning to look like Russia's and China's command economy, directing everything---industry, trade, social services, diplomacy--- if we can take the president at his word, while his intelligence agencies investigate his interests with Putin.

You haven't forgotten that Lenin's New Economic Policy allowed capitalism to continue and move gradually and incrementally toward socialism. Publicly admiring Russia and Putin, Trump's injecting socialism to the United States in one fell swoop. Expect joint manoeuvres with Red Navy soon, no need for NATO, eh?

A student of Russia and totalitarianism wouldn't have forgotten one of the last letters from a dying Lenin about Stalin's concentration of unlimited power. "I am not convinced he will always use that power with sufficient care." He urged the Party to get rid of him for someone "more tolerant."

America has a Communist-admiring czar.

Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:06 PM
Originally Posted By: pooch
Billionaires can kill people by the hundreds. Governments kill people by the millions. WE have been ruled by a king, lets try a billionaire President.

I do not like him, but that is exact sentiment I had going to the voting station. I admit it was more vote against Klinton Inc. than for DJT. It pains me to say this, but he is my last hope, last hope.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:18 PM
Here's the statist you're expecting, Ken. Trump's Washington already beginning to look like Russia's and China's command economy, directing everything---industry, trade, social services, diplomacy--- if we can take the president at his word, while his intelligence agencies investigate his interests with Putin.

You haven't forgotten that Lenin's New Economic Policy allowed capitalism to continue and move gradually and incrementally toward socialism. Publicly admiring Russia and Putin, Trump's injecting socialism to the United States in one fell swoop. Expect joint manoeuvres with Red Navy soon, no need for NATO, eh?

A student of Russia and totalitarianism wouldn't have forgotten one of the last letters from a dying Lenin about Stalin's concentration of unlimited power. "I am not convinced he will always use that power with sufficient care." He urged the Party to get rid of him for someone "more tolerant."

Yes, thank you. Czar sounds better than Duce.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:19 PM
You don't have to back into saying you voted for Trump, Jager. Clinton would have given you more of the same. Americans have been diddled royally by putting cost and debt before healthier and more productive environments. I admire Obama for trying for a better balance. America will come around to it over time
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:23 PM
I like Obama he will have better legacy than most here are willing to admit.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:30 PM
We'd have better balance if we didn't have cheapskate NATO freeloaders riding our back.

Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:30 PM

You haven't forgotten that Lenin's New Economic Policy allowed capitalism to continue and move gradually and incrementally toward socialism. Publicly admiring Russia and Putin, Trump's injecting socialism to the United States in one fell swoop. Expect joint manoeuvres with Red Navy, no need for NATO, eh?

Preposterous attempt at Obfuscation and Demonization.

I expect Trump to reduce the role of government and shrink it's size. You're just repeating the buffoonery of the anti-Trump false narratives.

The NEP? How did that work out? Absurd to be using Soviet examples, although I do consider Russia to be more Nationalistic than Expansive, and could forsee military cooperation to combat Islamic Radicalism.

Lenin? Of course he, like all other Tyrants, believed in "Enlightened Despotism", all totalitarian tyrants do, it's central to Hegelian Statism. It's especially convenient since they control the definition of the term " Enlightenment", which typically has resulted in the murder of millions of their political opponents.

You still really do not understand America.

Has it occurred to you that your sociopathic, statist, religious beliefs are a prime example of Russian/Soviet meddling in Canadian elections and society?
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:35 PM
....The system is rigged. Money rules social....

What's a twitter account cost?

Heck, hill, embarrassed with the shame of rejection, tweeted a half hearted support for the big gal's march. Trump has all your colleagues obsessed with his next tweet, they drive the 'news'. Your buddy news makers like their tweets too, they predict a ten year old son will be a ground breaking school shooter.

Just between you and me, tweets will elect Pence the 46th. President of the good ole US of A, in eight years.
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:35 PM
....America has a Communist-admiring czar.

Had King. It's America had a commie czar. komrad vanjones, code name whitelash, was anointed by husein to spew hate and propaganda through the fruited plains. Even bo conceded and showed him the back door, because he was hawkish on legacy, where folks must keep in mind, around bo it's all about 'I'.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 04:56 PM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
We'd have better balance if we didn't have cheapskate NATO freeloaders riding our back.

Yes, it's getting tiresome to realize repeatedly that NATO = USA.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:11 PM
In reality, America has been inadvertantly supporting Leftist, European statists through NATO. By not having them pay their share, we have allowed them to build their European, socialist, Welfare states, instead of forcing them to insure their economic policies were growth oriented and able to support their share of NATO funding.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:14 PM
And NATO knows US won't be at its back as obligated, which France acted on decades ago with its Force Frappe.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:32 PM
It's a lot more than that, Ken. Note the US-Iranian-Russia relationship re balancing Middle East regional powers, and mooted allies for where it's all going to be decided in Asia and the south China seas. Strange partners when ideology goes out the door.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 05:36 PM
You don't have to back into saying you voted for Trump, Jager. Clinton would have given you more of the same. Americans have been diddled royally by putting cost and debt before healthier and more productive environments. I admire Obama for trying for a better balance. America will come around to it over time

It's great to see King Brown agreeing with me about the ridiculous notion that Jagermeister actually voted for Trump after several months of denigrating him during the campaign.

Too bad that the rest of King Brown's statement totally contradicts itself. He criticizes America once again, this time for having "been diddled royally by putting cost and debt before healthier and more productive environments."

Yet he then goes on to pee his pants again in praise and admiration for Obama. Why does King keep totally ignoring the fact that one man, King's anti-gun hero Barack Hussein Obama, has managed to double the National Debt to almost $20 TRILLION in only 8 years with next to nothing to show for it? Check this link to see the staggering numbers:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Talk about intellectual dishonesty of the highest order. Jagermeister's lie about voting for Trump is small potatoes compared to the agenda driven bullshit King posts here on a regular basis.

Is it senility... or dishonesty... or both?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 06:15 PM
Force Frappe. I ordered one of those at the fancy coffee shoppe after church.

Yeah Western Europe sure is sophisticated with their 2 months vacation and free stuff. We'll see how sophisticated they are with a Russian dikkkk up their arse.

Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 07:24 PM
It's a lot more than that, Ken. Note the US-Iranian-Russia relationship re balancing Middle East regional powers, and mooted allies for where it's all going to be decided in Asia and the south China seas. Strange partners when ideology goes out the door.

There was no agreement. It would have had to have been ratified by the Senate. All Obama's charade did was destabilize the region even more. That game is nowhere near over.

Asia will be less of a concern than you think, once the terrible weakness and incompetence of Obama's policies are reversed. Just like Carter's.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 07:30 PM
Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Force Frappe. I ordered one of those at the fancy coffee shoppe after church.

Yeah Western Europe sure is sophisticated with their 2 months vacation and free stuff. We'll see how sophisticated they are with a Russian dikkkk up their arse.

While there would be no meaningful forces standing between Russia and French border there is no point for Russia to take EU. All EU needs to do is buy oil and natural gas from Russia. There is nothing in EU that Russia needs except customers to buy their stuff.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 07:48 PM
The Stone Age didn't end for lack of stones, Jag. Oil is done.

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 07:50 PM
I said nothing of an agreement, Ken. These things are mostly done before stroking houses at home. Asia will be the fire pit because of markets and Chinese expansion. US will deploy keeping one on its side as usual, in this case Russia.

Trump will learn Obama's nuclear deal with Iran to explore detente with enemies when it discovered limits of its military power---all three now fighting ISIS---is all about finding solutions, not rattling firearms. shouting America First, we can do it alone.

The US built and led the Western Alliance for security over the last 50 years. A commander-in-chief can't measure security costs without the immeasurable benefits of allies, saying you're on your own, we don't need partners to protect our national interests when those national interests are at stake.
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 07:59 PM
....US will deploy usual keeping one on its side, in this case Russia.

If there's anything that we have learned since we were assured of hill's victory, it's that russia has us in their back pocket. So sayeth the talking point, so sayeth the polls.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 08:02 PM
There obviously was an agreement between Obama and Iran. But not between the United States and Iran, part of the lawless nature of his administration.

Yes, the balancing act in the Far East will continue, but with the US in a position of strength, both economically as well as militarily.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 08:19 PM
The US signed the nuclear deal. An isolationist America, its citizens closing in on themselves, making barriers, taking in each others wash, was tried before with disastrous economic and military consequences. Why better now?
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 08:25 PM
Irrelevant without Senate ratification.

All this Isolationist pap is merely another false narrative.

It's absurd to be even discussing it.
Posted By: old colonel Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 08:43 PM
The nuc deal will be proven to have been a fool hardy attempt by tne former administration to force a solution. Eventually we will see Iran violate it.

Unfortunately the last Senate did accept it by default.

Concur on the rhetorical use of "isolationist" as being a false narrative without form. Progressives have been falsely trying to depict those who oppose them as luddites and such for decades. It was false when they started it in the 20's, it is a silly usage now.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/22/17 09:31 PM
Sovereign people aren't luddites or stupid because they make decisions in their national interests, as countries do. Canada wasn't stupid for not joining the US in its wars in Vietnam or Iraq. The US for more than 100 years tried to stay clear of foreign entanglements as policy. It had to be torpedoed into the First World War and bombed into the Second before it took up arms as our ally against fascism. "Isolationist" has been commonly applied to America's position for those years as an honourable legacy going back to Wilson of peace, order and good government. With respect, where is the falseness of use of the word "isolationist" historically, rhetorically, narratively or in any other form?
Posted By: old colonel Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 12:41 AM
Not sure what you mean by sovereign people, I hope it is not the same as sovereign citizen

As for not being stupid? Good for you, you live in a world where the alliance that protects your interests and saves you defense dollars is overwhelming supported by the US. Your country's leaders must have thought it was not in your interests.

Wilson's honorable legacy as a segregationist democrat whose naivety in foreign affairs helped lay the groundwork for the instability that lead to WWII. Which like WWI the US had to help bail Canada and its Allies out.

The supposed isolationist charge is the charge made by people who wanted the US over involved where the country's national interest were not in play against those who felt our interests were just that and no more. They never held the US should cocoon up away from the world, just involve ourselves reasonably. If you examine the accused isolationist foreign policy, it could be said to resembled Canada where it held back from involvements outside their interests.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 01:59 AM
America's generosity of spirit made it a superpower, maker and leader of the Western Alliance for our mutual security during a time when costs didn't obscure the benefits of working together as they do now with a president posturing " Look Ma, I'm at the top of the world, the rest can go to hell."

old colonel, the US got over-involved by itself with its national interests fully in play: taking up France's lost colonial battle in Vietnam and a hideously concocted and executed debacle of hubris in Iraq. Let's not count Grenada and Panama although none of it provided security for the US or any one else.

Yes, Canada said no to Vietnam and Iraq because it considered the US "domino theory" of Communism as foolhardy and unsupportable, and Iraq for what the US admitted belatedly was a tragic mistake. Canada held back because neither war was in anyone's interest---certainly not for the 60,000 US military dead.

You must be aware of reasons why the US was late into both wars. British istorians claim Canada had the best fighting formations of both sides in the First World War, and with a tenth of US population, ended the Second with the 4th largest air force and 3rd largest naval surface fleet in the world.

No one discounts the American contribution to the Allies. It did help, as you say, bail out the British and Commonwealth forces as they fought alone for years while the US ambassador to the Court of St. James, Joe Kennedy, told FDR to let us go under, we couldn't win. As Churchill said in Missouri: "Some neck. Some chicken."

As for holding back, we're doing that now with 600 special forces committed and ready to go for anti-terrorist engagements in Africa; others are with the Kurds. Were waiting for your commander-in-chief to make up his mind. He weakens NATO with his fulminations, says America first, the rest of you are on your own. Canada doesn't do war that way.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:13 AM
Cheapskate freeloaders weaken NATO by not living up to their obligations.

I'm sure everyone in Europe will sleep well tonight knowing Canada has got their back.

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:14 AM
Old colonel, google our minister of national defence who served with such courage and brilliance against Taliban he was seconded to the US Army at a combat general's request. Just a taste:

Harjit Singh Sajjan PC OMM MSM CD MP (born September 6, 1970) is a Canadian Liberal politician, the current Minister of National Defence and a Member of Parliament representing the riding of Vancouver South. He is the first Sikh to become Minister of Defence. Sajjan was first elected during the 2015 federal election, defeating Conservative incumbent MP Wai Young, and was sworn as defence minister into the Cabinet, headed by Justin Trudeau, on November 4, 2015. Before politics, Sajjan was a detective investigating gangs for the Vancouver Police Department and a regimental commander in the Canadian Armed Forces decorated for his service in Afghanistan. Sajjan was also the first Sikh-Canadian to command a Canadian army reserve regiment.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:18 AM
Chop chop, Sunny Boy.

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:24 AM
Don't know about the Europeans but our Special Forces are always welcomed company by your Special Forces; often serving together.

Our snipers often train together. A former member of the board debriefed them after operations. He said our scopes and mounts were envy of the Americans but Washington wouldn't buy them.

Fighting prowess doesn't come from money, lonesome. It's from the spirit. When I was covering India-Pakistan war, officers were being fragged by their men in Vietnam.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:29 AM
Canada is one of many cheapskate freeloaders in NATO.

Thank you Great Britain and Poland for living up to your obligation.

Posted By: treblig1958 Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:31 AM
That's what scares me about the Democratic party as I see it they will do anything to win even break the law. Look how politicized the justice department became under Obama, and the mainstream media said nothing.

Their motives are as clear as day, we have the moral high ground and you're a racist so your opinion doesn't count.

The one thing that stops them is the electoral college and their asinine belief that they are smarter than the Founding Fathers. There is NO national popular vote. That figure is meaningless. There is however, 50 separate popular votes tied together by the electoral college. And even the corrupt criminal mindset of Obama and Hillary and their supporters couldn't get around it.

Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:41 AM
America's generosity of spirit made it a superpower....

I think it took the almighty dollar and the leadership of a select few warriors. Generosity of spirit sounds like something you might say about obama. Do you think he would have clue of how to create super power attributes?
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:23 AM
It was more than the dollar and warriors that made the US a great power and great influence on the world. Germany became a monster with money and the best professional armies and generals of the war, particularly masters of the retreat. Think of after the war, the Marshall Plan and Berlin Airlift as inspirational leadership and very foundations of your democratic superpower. Note Wikipedia's last sentence:

"The Berlin Blockade (24 June 1948 – 12 May 1949) was one of the first major international crises of the Cold War. During the multinational occupation of post–World War II Germany, the Soviet Union blocked the Western Allies' railway, road, and canal access to the sectors of Berlin under Western control. The Soviets offered to drop the blockade if the Western Allies withdrew the newly introduced Deutsche mark from West Berlin.

"In response, the Western Allies organized the Berlin airlift (26 June 1948 - 30 September 1949) to carry supplies to the people of West Berlin, a difficult feat given the city's population.[1][2] Aircrews from the United States Air Force, the British Royal Air Force, the Royal Canadian Air Force, the Royal Australian Air Force, the Royal New Zealand Air Force, and the South African Air Force[3]:338 flew over 200,000 flights in one year, providing to the West Berliners up to 8,893 tons of necessities each day, such as fuel and food.[4] The Soviets did not disrupt the airlift for fear this might lead to open conflict.[5]

"By the spring of 1949, the airlift was clearly succeeding, and by April it was delivering more cargo than had previously been transported into the city by rail. On 12 May 1949, the USSR lifted the blockade of West Berlin. The Berlin Blockade served to highlight the competing ideological and economic visions for postwar Europe."

I believe Obama's striving for solutions and easing the fighting, keeping his promise to bring the troops home, detentes, aren't all that far from Trump's declarations of making a deal with professed admiration of Putin to lower the temperature at home and throughout the world. I'd call them superpower attributes; there's only one.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:43 AM
My response to your notion of US bailing out Canada in the First World War didn't mention Canada's prowess in the air.

In 1918, one third of the Royal Air Force fliers in action were Canadians. The top four Canadian aces accounted for 230 enemy planes. No other four fliers in the Allied Forces made records equal to that. The best four German fliers, with vastly better machines, had a record of 246.

For the record, the top Allied fighter pilot of the Second World War, Group Captain Johnny Johnson, DSO and two bars, DFC and bar, ran up his score commanding Canadian Spitfire wings.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:48 AM
Will Canada take steps to boost their defense spending to at least 2% of GDP?

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:58 AM
We're below that now, lonesome. I believe it'll be close with the new shipbuilding program and a couple squadrons of new fighters.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:16 AM
I'm sure President Trump will be watching to make sure you do. If not, when we renegotiate NAFTA, I would suggest a tariff on Canadian goods coming to the US to make up any shortfall in Canadian defense spending. Then of course Canadian goods coming to the US would be tariff free. Canada and the US are great friends and countries and I believe the people of Canada want to pay their fair share for the defense of our shared values of freedom and inclusiveness.

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:18 AM
Yeah, apologize for the 1949. Get a bit testy when someone writes inaccurately of Canada's military history. My family goes back to serving under Nelson, transporting Napoleon to exile in Northumberland, the burning of Washington, No. 2 Commando, RCAF overseas.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:33 AM
Thirty seven states' main exports are to Canada, $2 billion dollars across the border every day. Trump has as much or more to lose as we do. China pounding on our doors every day, wanting to buy everything. Our trade gal signed a big trade deal with Europe. We aren't in hock to China, have trade surplus. Got through the Great Recession better shape than any other G20 country.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:37 AM
Should be no problem finding that 20 billion! Good show, old boy!

Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:53 AM
Again, it's not the money Trump needs. He can't do what he wants alone, without partners, cooperators, militarily or economically. Those rust belt jobs aren't coming back, with galloping automation, lagging education and serious skills gaps. Take a look at your recovering economy, low employment---what, 4.7 per cent? America is great. Telling the country it's broke, on the ash heap, is not a solution.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 05:08 AM
Who's not going to cooperate? Europe? Canada? China? When it comes down to it, really down to it, the world needs the US more than we need the world. Wanna play chicken, MF'ers? Let's play chicken.

Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 05:11 AM
It was more than the dollar and warriors that made the US a great power....

....I believe Obama's striving for solutions....

Mexico is a great power, in the mexican food culinary world. I was thinking super power.

I believe if someone's striving for something, they aren't quite there yet. Isn't your historical example a 'red line'? Didn't it involve some unwavering conviction and tangible reasons why the soviets feared disruption?

Do today's soviets fear disrupting anyone, anywhere, at any time?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 05:52 AM
Today's Soviets oughtta sink that piece of shit carrier in Syria and be done with it.

King, you crack me up.

Posted By: L. Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 12:12 PM

In 1918, one third of the Royal Air Force fliers in action were Canadians. The top four Canadian aces accounted for 230 enemy planes. No other four fliers in the Allied Forces made records equal to that. The best four German fliers, with vastly better machines, had a record of 246.

But the surviving high scoring ace of WWI, from both sides, was a Frenchman: Captain Rene Fonck, with a total of 75. And shot a Verney-Carron double . . . probably not at Germans, however.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 12:13 PM

I'm hoping he sends the Muslims packing.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 12:40 PM
King writes about the past greatness of the Canadian military, while tirelessly advocating policies that have seen it's destruction. Never one to understand there is a cost to be paid for holding a particular view, King wants to have his cake and eat it too!

LR, There are many, many Canadians embarrassed by the behavior of our current and past governments in shirking our responsibilities regarding our armed forces. Our current PM seems determined to boldly blaze a trail back to the idiocies of our military misadventures of the 1960's, 70's and 80's. A past so self absorbed and self congratulatory they have yet to understand the utter uselessness of their efforts, all the while congratulating themselves for their "post nationalism" and commitment to UN Ideals.

I want to barf just for having to had to write that stuff.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 01:30 PM

I'm hoping he sends the Muslims packing.

That isn't going to stop the fall. The downfall started with Hart-Celler Act in 1965. Oops, I should clarify some will win some will loose. You loose.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 01:49 PM
James, what uselessness of Canada's military efforts are you referring to, please? Canada was obliged to engage valourously and unsuccessfully in post-war UN and NATO missions, as did our allies. You acknowledge Canada hitting above its weight in the world wars. What responsibilities have we shirked? We commanded the Libya air war, chose the hottest spot in Afghanistan, both with unsuccessful consequences with terrorists in ascendancy. We're in action with the Kurds, with NATO allies on Russian border, 600 special forces committed to Africa. Elucidate, please.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 01:56 PM
Enough with the thread hijacking. King, start another "Canadian Military" thread if you want to, stop attempting to divert this thread with a different narrative.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:19 PM
James, what uselessness of Canada's military efforts are you referring to, please? Canada was obliged to engage valourously and unsuccessfully in post-war UN and NATO missions, as did our allies. You acknowledge Canada hitting above its weight in the world wars. What responsibilities have we shirked? We commanded the Libya air war, chose the hottest spot in Afghanistan, both with unsuccessful consequences with terrorists in ascendancy. We're in action with the Kurds, with NATO allies on Russian border, 600 special forces committed to Africa. Elucidate, please.

Would be happy to King. The "uselessness" I am referring to would be that of UN sanctioned "peacekeeping". Making peacekeeping, under the auspices of the UN, the single most important aspect of what our military does.

It's the Canadian circle jerk, currently being revived by PM Zoolander (and the woman behind the man, Gerald Butts), constantly patting ourselves on the back for Pearson's Nobel Prize winning bit of idiocy. "I know!" exclaims Lester. "Let's create circumstances where regional conflicts never get resolved!"

Oh, and in the meantime, lets de-fund our military and shirk our NATO responsibilities because you know, those arrogant rubes south of our border will do it for us.

You will note I specifically referred to the 60's through the 80's. A period of time when that [censored] Trudeau senior held sway, admiring and cavorting with dictators. A governmental mindset his son seems determined to bring back.

The 1990's and 2000's, which you used to refute me, were when our government was run at the top, Chretien and Harper, by men, not communism's useful idiots, Trudeau 1 and 2. Trudeau jr is about to get eaten alive by Trump and his people. This is going to be Mike Harris' Common Sense Revolution writ large and I can't wait.

Go read Lawrence Solomon this morning for the real story on what's going on.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:23 PM
Ken

Sorry if you feel I have been feeding the troll but I'm doing my best to both refute King's silly claims while bring the thread right back on topic.

Lawrence Solomon | January 23, 2017 | Last Updated: Jan 23 8:00 AM ET

“Trump is not a true conservative,” #NeverTrumpers charged for months, even after Trump won the Republican nomination for president. Maybe not. But no conservative can be dismayed by the agenda Trump has begun to roll out today, his first Monday on the job following his inauguration. As far as true conservatives are concerned, Trump is pretty much batting a thousand.

Believe in small government? The Trump team plans to unveil a budget in the next 100 days that will propose more than US$10 trillion — yes, trillion with a “t” — in cuts over 10 years. Based on the Heritage Foundation’s Blueprint for Reform, the Trump team — peopled by some of the very same researchers who drafted Heritage’s blueprint — have gone beyond anything Republican fiscal hawks in Congress have contemplated.

Gone will be dozens of agencies and programs providing corporate welfare, such as the Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration, the International Trade Administration and the Minority Business Development Agency. Gone will be numerous government-owned or backed housing and mortgage agencies such as Fannie and Ginnie Mae, and Freddy Mac, which helped create the housing bubble and the subsequent financial crisis. Gone, too, will be largess from most federal departments, and much of the red tape that now bleeds industry of profits and productivity.

Like privatization and free markets? The power-marketing authorities that now provide electricity to rural areas will lose their subsidies and be operated by private parties, to end the distortion they now cause in power markets. The postal service would lose its subsidies and be required to operate in the free market in competition with any firm that wants to vie for its customers. The Bureau of Reclamation that now subsidizes special interests through its allocation of water rights would be eliminated, with water rights instead being allocated by competitive bidding. Federal lands will be open to energy, mining and other resource developments.
Related

Don’t like being lectured about white privilege, radical feminism and other politically correct propaganda funded at taxpayer expense from public broadcasters, arts organizations and government funding bodies? The Trump team plans to privatize the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and to altogether eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities, which feed the philosophies that deride and undermine American patriotism and American exceptionalism.

Trump plans to honour the many campaign promises that he made, and that conservatives care deeply about. Obamacare will be repealed and replaced with more market-oriented approaches, such as health-care allowances, which will let Americans control their health-care purchases, and the ability to buy insurance across state lines. Personal choice is also coming to education where school vouchers and other private sector innovations will be allowed to flourish as alternatives to the public school system that has failed America’s children so thoroughly. Almost the entirety of Trump’s domestic agenda — in financial reform, in labour reform, in telecommunications, in Supreme Court nominations and in fighting crime, including by building that wall — reads like a conservative’s wish list.

Away from home, Trump also bats about 1.000 with conservatives. As reiterated in his inaugural address Friday, he vows to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth. On Israel, a core conservative issue, he remains determined to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and to protect Israel against its enemies, whom with Barack Obama’s encouragement had engineered the recent anti-Israel resolution at the UN Security Council.

Because the UN is so hostile to the U.S., Trump — to the delight of conservatives — gave notice that America’s deference to the UN would change as soon as he took office. He’ll eviscerate programs that undermine America’s interests, starting with the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the mastermind of much of the climate change hysteria that the world has endured over the last quarter-century. The UN, which now receives almost a quarter of its funding from the U.S., will be forced to reform, failing which it risks going the way of its now-defunct predecessor, the League of Nations.

To accomplish what many view as the most ambitious conservative agenda ever proposed by an American president, Trump has assembled a dream team of a cabinet — not a squish among them. To almost everyone’s surprise, Trump freed these hardliners to oppose his policies in public as well as in private, as seen in their Congressional confirmation hearings where they unapologetically dissented from Trump’s views, and with his blessing. No need for cabinet solidarity under Trump; the buck stops with him, and everyone’s welcome to know it.

Trump will in all likelihood fall short in implementing his agenda — all presidents do, given the fierce lobbying that special interests will unleash on members of Congress, who ultimately hold the purse strings. And some Trump policies will doubtless offend conservatives. We do not yet know how his trade protectionism will play out, or whether his US$1 trillion infrastructure plan can escape being riddled by pork, and running up the federal debt.

But even if Trump ends up batting .500, he will go down in history as transformative, a president who rivals the ultimate conservative president, Ronald Reagan. Trump may indeed not be a true conservative, as many have feared; he may be adopting conservative policies not from ideological conviction but from a businessman’s bent of doing what works. Either way, #NeverTrump is dead; conservatism in America lives.

LawrenceSolomon@nextcity.com
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:33 PM
Funny how no one in the media ever describes Obama and his minions like Holder as "Far Left" or "Socialist Hardliners", yet that's what they were.

Here's your hat, what's your hurry? Tailights in the street!

So glad these pricks are gone.

It's been a long 8 years (no, make that 28 years) and I'm glad to be here! (Tip of the hat to Amarillo Mike)
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 02:39 PM
Yeah,

King prattling on and praising the Canadian Military is like having Ernst Thalmann praise the prowess of the Wehrmacht.

The excitement is just beginning. I forsee Leftists like King having to wear plastic bags around their heads, as soon they will be exploding just like in "Mars Attacks"...
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:03 PM
Ken, earlier you promised accurately big doings on Trump's first day. It was Mars Attack, wasn't it, with world exploding in revulsion to his presidency. Except in your reviled Moscow where champagne corks were popping with Trump angling to restore Russia to a superpower to sell more beds.
Posted By: Dave K Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:06 PM

So much fun to watch !

Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:12 PM
Ken, earlier you promised accurately big doings on Trump's first day. It was Mars Attack, wasn't it, with world exploding in revulsion to his presidency. Except in your reviled Moscow where champagne corks were popping with Trump angling to restore Russia to a superpower to sell more beds.

King, log onto the Globe today and read the comments section following the opinion piece by Blue Knox, a whiner and SJW. People are overwhelming tired of this crap from the professional agitators.

The World hasn't exploded in revulsion.....the Left has. And it's time. Their world is about to crumble.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave K

So much fun to watch !

Dave, the entertainment is everywhere and endless. So Much Fun!!
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:14 PM
....What responsibilities have we shirked? We commanded the Libya air war, chose the hottest spot in Afghanistan, both with unsuccessful consequences with terrorists in ascendancy. We're in action with the Kurds, with NATO allies on Russian border, 600 special forces committed to Africa. Elucidate, please.

Six hundred troops from a country of thirty-six some million? I know there're more brave Canadians serving in harms way than that, but doesn't that number seem like an insincere commitment from political leadership?

Your gov has an official website, forces.gc.ca, that has a 'current operations list'. Quite a bit more of a breakdown of operations than I would've expected. A quick scan of the operations shows your current admin pads their participation stats by commingling numbers prior to taking office.

Still, the list reads like a dabble around the edges strategy. While some operations are in the 'hottest spots', they emphasize things like supply and refueling. I don't know why, but they actually write that ten troops are committed in the sudan, thankfully, they are more vague about other operations.

Noticeably lacking is involvement in the asia/pacific area. China, n.korea? I don't think you have shirked any responsibilities, but it comes back to the same ole question. What's a responsibility?
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 03:19 PM

False narrative. Fake News, Leftist Propaganda.

Badda-bing, Badda-beep, Badda-boop, Badda-bop.

I suggest a plastic bag AND a defibrillator.

Anything else?
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:11 PM
You left out "alternative facts." But that's okay. I know you well enough that you won't deny that the candidate who promised he wouldn't lie to the American people did so on his first day on the job, exposed to the world.
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:17 PM

False narrative. Fake News, Leftist Propaganda.

Anything else?

Yes, there is one other little thing...

But I expect that old hypocrite, I mean old colonel, is busy right now thumbing through his Thesaurus and dictionary, looking for the words to tell King that he has to stop these constant thread diversions.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

Remember folks, my posting the King Brown quote above denying our Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms is an egregious thread diversion. But King droning endlessly on in multiple posts about the adventures of the Canadian military in WWI and WWII is right on topic with the subject of a Welcome to Donald Trump... at least in the mind of a hypocrite in denial.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 04:22 PM
You left out "alternative facts." But that's okay. I know you well enough that you won't deny that the candidate who promised he wouldn't lie to the American people did so on his first day on the job, exposed to the world.

Irrelevant obfuscation and demonization.

Bend on over ŕnd hold on tight, HERE COMES TRUMP!
Posted By: craigd Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 05:24 PM
....the candidate who promised he wouldn't lie to the American people did so on his first day on the job, exposed to the world.

I had a dream, or maybe I had just read one of your earlier comments. Weren't you the fellow opposed to using the 'L' word. Have you abandoned a core principal when you received your delegitimize marching orders? Ah, don't worry about it, I can see it's just part of building to increase the showmanship of a few meaningless 'bipartisan' civilities on the psuedo high road, huh?
Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 06:25 PM
You left out "alternative facts." But that's okay. I know you well enough that you won't deny that the candidate who promised he wouldn't lie to the American people did so on his first day on the job, exposed to the world

It is hilarious to see someone who has told as many Whoppers as King Brown accusing PRESIDENT Donald Trump of being a liar.

Was it PRESIDENT Donald Trump who famously said, "If you like your health insurance plan or your doctor, you can keep them"? That turned out to be one of the greatest lies that ever came out of the White House, but nary a peep from King about the anti-gun Liberal Left liar Barack Obama.

Oh yes, how about "We will be the most transparent Administration in history!"... except for all of that stonewalling and lying to Congress about what happened in "Fast and Furious", Benghazi, the IRS targeting of Conservatives, etc. And going so far as to support Hillary Clinton, after she and her people lied about what was on her personal server and even smashed the hard drives with a hammer to destroy evidence after it was subpoenaed by Congress.

Again, nary a peep from King Brown about Obama lies, or Hillary lies. Just a bunch of thread diversions and off-topic crapola attempting to change the subject. Once a fraud, always a fraud. Dishonesty is not civility.

Here's the Liar-in-Chief telling a bold faced lie in another attempt to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens.

But King Brown made this lame excuse for his anti-gun hero violating his Oath to Preserve, Protect, and Defend the Constitution by posting this:

With respect, you tend to believe the written as something sacrosanct as it appears in the Constitution and other bills. Look at the Oath you posted: It says only that the president will do to "the best of my ability" to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. What he determines "best"---wrongly or rightly.

Oh, how about his lie that there is no voter fraud in this country, and that other countries do not have voter I.D. Laws...

King won't dare respond to any of this. Better in his mind to hide like a cockroach when the light of truth shines upon him.
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 06:37 PM
King's full of shyte but I'm glad he's here. This is more fun than debating hinge pin grease. And if I see one of those fancy Canadian scopes unattended in Grayling this summer, we'll, you know, free trade and all...

Posted By: keith Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 08:09 PM
Hey Lonesome, how about a Hinge Pin Grease thread where King tells us what his imaginary friend's John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King use on their hinge pins? Then he can veer wildly off topic and tell us about his pulpwood clear-cutting organization and his kilt/skirt that took more wool to cover his butt than the main sail of the Santa Maria.

Good one, JRB. Truth is anyone can see under a kilt if I'm sitting and don't keep my knees together. My wife chatters about it all the time.

I guess that covers the gender. As for the cold, they're warm enough: nine yards of finest Scottish wool; heavy cloth swings better as well.

Our soldier killed at the war memorial wore his kilt in full highland regimental dress, shot in the back by the nutter according to police report.

Our highland regiments wore kilts in combat during the First World War---Germans called them "Ladies from Hell---and Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Highlanders' piper went into battle pipes skirling in the Second.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 09:37 PM
Strictly custom military contract, lonesome. I know the maker. Shared Christmas dinner.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 09:40 PM
Can we get back to jOe's original intent.....reveling in this joyous occasion, posting memes and videos of wailing SJW's all the while singing 'Happy days are here again....."
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 10:49 PM
Understood, King. I may have mentioned a time or two I'm in the military. Usually a good number of Canadians at Camp Grayling in northern Michigan during the summer. I've had some interesting interactions with them on occasion.

Not to beat a dead horse and this is the last I'll say on it. No one doubts the courage and ability of your troops, I'm simply saying Canada as a country, along with most others in NATO, do not fulfill their monetary commitments to the alliance.

Yeah, c-back, it's going to be a good 4 years.

Glad your here too, keith.

Posted By: Jagermeister Re: It's been... - 01/23/17 10:55 PM
Can we get back to jOe's original intent.....reveling in this joyous occasion, posting memes and videos of wailing SJW's all the while singing 'Happy days are here again....."

I explained when long decline started and what was the root cause. While current administration is temporary buffer there is no way to stopping it. Like in EU old European traditions will simply be bread out in the future. Look at California that is the future.
Posted By: King Brown Re: It's been... - 01/24/17 12:26 AM
I think paying dues has bearing on how these organizations are viewed. How far behind is US with UN, which really scorched Canada in Rawanda? NATO was hair-brained trying to push into Ukraine. The Cuba missile crisis was resolved with Russia removing its missiles and, although kept from the American public notice, the US pulled its missiles from Turkey. With Trump selling protection like a Mafia don, look for restructuring of military responsibilities.
Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/24/17 12:33 AM
Paying dues? Ha?

I don't think the question is how far behind is the US in propping up, I mean paying dues at the UN.

I think the question is just how quickly will that useless collection of tin pot dictators and thieves collapse when the US funded gravy train comes to a full and complete stop?
Posted By: lonesome roads Re: It's been... - 01/24/17 12:36 AM
I don't give a rats arse about UN. Mattis already talking to NATO members. Europe or Canada want to restructure, God bless them, have at it. Trump is pointing out in a way that might finally get members attention to start pulling their share.

PS. Not helpful or relevant dredging up ancient history.

PSS. You seem to enjoy pointing out what economic powerhouses Canada and Europe are, start paying more to defend what you have.

Posted By: canvasback Re: It's been... - 01/24/17 12:55 AM
With Trump selling protection like a Mafia don, look for restructuring of military responsibilities.

Despite the fact that it gets pointed out regularly in all media by sensible people, so many on the Left still don't understand that insulting and belittling does nothing to further your cause. We on the Right are enjoying this moment primarily because we are tired of being insulted.....not argued with....insulted and belittled for reasonable view and concerns, reasonable even if they aren't your views and concerns.

As you well know King, countries make alliances, trade favours, do deals, in their own best interests. The one country that typically has gone above and beyond those parochial interests in the last 70 years has been the US. To insult Trump and all his supporters with this typically egregious insult is to do your own cause a disservice.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com