doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 05:11 AM
Friend has a two receivers with 4 barrels in 4 gauges in one factory set. The buttstock on one of the receivers needs a serious crack repaired. I know we have seen the work of a couple different very talented stock repairmen on here but the archives don't go back far enough.

Anyone know who is in this business and is worthy of working on a very expensive shotgun set?
Posted By: gjw Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 05:43 AM
Hi, my recommendation is The Stock Doctor. Dennis does great work, wonderful to deal with and a true gentleman. He's done some work for me and I was tickled pink with the results.

http://www.thestockdr.com/

Good Luck to your friend!

Greg
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 10:56 AM
I second The Stock Doctor.
Posted By: SamW Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 11:50 AM
Ditto the above!!!
Posted By: old colonel Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 01:48 PM
When using the search for posts older than 1 year use the "advanced" search option.

Leave the "newer than" blank and fill in the "older than" with however long back you want to start searching. Note you have to go in one year blocks as the search tool only searches one year at a time.

Searches can be time consuming and what you use for a search term plays a big part in it

Posted By: GLS Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 03:30 PM
Mark Larson is another excellent stock repairman/artist. He has done fine work for me.

As for searches on doublegun, I've found google to be useful and easier. Just included doublegunshop in the search. Gil
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/23/17 06:52 PM
DES/TSD is the man. Crazy good work. I haven't needed him for a job in a few years, only reason being I'm lucky to have another guy that's local. I'd have zero reservations sending wood work to Dennis if needed, good guy, top talent.
Posted By: Claybird Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/25/17 08:17 PM
OWD,

I strongly second the recommendation of Msrk Larson.
Posted By: Tom Veith Re: Stock Repair Magician needed - 02/25/17 10:08 PM
As others said, Dennis Smith (the Stock Doctor), is excellent, and a pleasure to work with. Another option is Dave Vanden Brand of West Olive, Michigan, 616-566-8496. He's done work for me. It was excellent, and the turn around time was amazing. And Dave too is very pleasant.

You won't go wrong with either of these gentlemen.

Tom
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com