doublegunshop.com - home
In the spirit of not feeding Keith within threads he diverts I have moved his dribble to a new thread.

If you don't want to read about more Keith silliness then pass on.

Originally Posted By: keith
Since we're still engaging in conjecture and guessing games about the origin of this hammer gun, I'll toss out the theory that this could be some European version of a Lunch-Box Special with false proof marks to give it an air of legitimacy. That's as good as anything put out there so far. Larry seems to have it narrowed down to about a 50-60 year range somewhere between England, France, and Italy, but that will no doubt expand.

I was a bit taken aback to return here after a day of yard work and an evening of libations, to find that I was the victim of a full frontal Libtard attack from the usual gaggle of Obama worshipers. Actually, a few of the usual suspects are missing, so I'll conclude they all moved to Canada to live with King Brown after Trump won the election. I found it strange that Gladys... I mean old colonel, did not admonish Last Dollar for making not one, not two, but three posts that offered nothing pertinent to the topic... Just more of his usual agenda driven stupidity. And it was no surprise to see a snide, but totally off topic remark from dla (sic), the Liberal Left Mayor of Munchkinland. The ever brilliant Larry Clown is still IGNORING me by responding to me. Wow. And I am just devastated that poor pod is so traumatized that he can't share his info about his fine guns. Imagine how he'd feel when Jagermeister advised him to sell them and buy an A-5! Actually, I'm surprised he came back after that mean old franc-otte and Kensal beat up on him in 2012:

Originally Posted By: pod
frac-otte-kensalrise: well im old and a little forgetful and not the best english major or use of the english language but i try.
i want to thank you for making me feel like a dunce. i really dont poise a threat to your knowlege in the gun world. again thank you and i will remove myself along with many others from this forum you two should be part of the welcoming committe.

Of course, Last Dollar made a similar drama-laced farewell, but returned too. What is it with these guys who repeatedly respond to you when they claim to IGNORE you, and with the drama queens who leave in an estrogen fueled huff, but can't just stay gone? Must be a Liberal thing. And Leverhead apparently thinks that I'm bad for the forum and our sport, but Ed Good's anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric is OK for the forum and our sport. You can't make this shit up! I am totally unimpressed by all of them, but what the hell... I'll accept full responsibility for the fact that Dr. Gaddy and Lowell Glenthorne no longer post here if it makes him feel better.

But then, after Last Brain Cell... I mean Last Dollar, made his third off topic post with another salvo, along with his plea to return to the topic, which he himself had added nothing to, except his usual crap... and after the original poster Longwalker had exhorted all to play nice and return to the original topic... After all that... Gladys Kravitz, I mean old colonel, just couldn't resist returning with more of her own hypocritical and decidedly off topic whining and complaining.

Gladys just had to lecture LeFusil for saying that he appreciated what I say and do here. And wouldn't you just know it, none of the gaggle of Libtards had any problem with Gladys making yet another off topic post that contributed absolutely nothing to solving the mystery of the origins of the gun! Certainly not Last Dollar! Shocking! But Gladys obviously feels justified, as our self appointed thread moderator, don't you Gladys? I thought we had reached an understanding awhile back. Guess not. Here we go again.

Here's a thought Gladys, I mean old colonel. I'll agree to conform to your hypocritical and disingenuous idea of "manners" when you agree to stop being a tight-assed hypocritical pinhead. In other words, when hell freezes over. You also have to agree to stop these repeated thread diversions. Actually, there is nothing about you that I'd wish to emulate, ever. People like you with your faux civility disgust me.

LeFusil, thank you very much for your kind words. So sorry you had to endure a lecture from Mrs. Kravitz though. Now we'll both have trouble sleeping at night, having invoked her stern and frequently unintelligible disapproval.

While Keith accuses me of being our self-appointed thread moderator. That’s the pot calling the kettle black. Keith in fact has been a self-appointed moderator; having long done that on this board without manners and with a dedicated nastiness he seems to enjoy. Keith regularly proclaims that it is his intent is to point out to others on this board the character of other members.

Keith, you criticize my responses to you as a self-appointment, while you long before have self-appointed yourself; actual hypocrisy.

Any challenge to the supremacy of Keith’s position appears to be an inherent sin. That sin justifies his future attacks.

Keith seems to believe that responding directly to a point raised is a diversion. I posted in response to his post which was the actual diversion. My post was within the point he raised. Reference my response to LeFusil’s statement; I responded to it politely and without the vitriol that often characterizes our board’s self-appointed saint of the 2nd Amendment.

Diversion as I have pointed out before is where you create a long winded post about the 2nd Amendment to attack someone you don’t like. Keith, you have made it clear that your attacks are personal and stem from your animosity and not from points of gentlemanly disagreement.

Keith's negative posts are the equivalent of the fat playground bully trying to hound those he dislikes. They are a sad reflection and speak for themselves.

Keith condemns my supposed “faux civility.” Though it is tempting to address his poor manners, crudeness, and general negativity in kind, I have tried hard to hold back. Keith, your self-righteous rudeness offends me and I will call you out for it when I feel the need. Your conduct disgusts me.

Trolling is not a direct response to the subject raised in your posts. Keith calls others trolls when he sits in anonymity and post attacks against people when they post, his posts having little to do with the subject at hand. That is actual trolling.

While many on this board disagree, almost all are able to do it with some level of civility Keith consciously avoids. Many of us do not agree with the politics of some of those Keith subjects to attack. When the actual subject of our disagreement comes up they are able to argue the issues civilly without the name calling and other nastiness you bring.

Every thread on this board is not about the 2nd Amendment and we don’t need Keith’s ever present reminders. It is possible to point out errors or disagreements without personal attacks. Even to guys who post about guns they don’t seem to own.

I have no doubt Keith has no trouble sleeping as he appears confident in the merit of his arguments and methods.

Keith, you have proudly stated you will never give up. I will continue to point out your diversions and poor manners in the spirit of free speech that this board espouses. I continue to appeal to your better angel that you hold back and not divert threads and not name call. I have little hope you postings will improve.

I have no doubts you will respond with your normal tirade.
How about the two of you taking this private? WE DON"T CARE!
So much for "ignore"...Geo
like much of what keet posts here, this thread is also inappropriate...
and in the spirit of off topic posts, a practice so common here...

lets all tune in to president trump's address to the nra, scheduled to begin at 1:30 est today...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...tion/101021360/
Use IGNORE and leave the rest of us out of it. I put him on ignore last week...My world is a better place Off to kill some of Mrs. Rooneys pigeons...
Posted By: Eis Re: Keith's Latest Diatribe from Another Thread - 04/28/17 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: tudurgs

What a great idea................! And thank you tudurgs
Originally Posted By: Eis
Originally Posted By: tudurgs

What a great idea................! And thank you tudurgs

Some time ago I originally attempted to solve the issue with direct messaging and it failed.

I guess there are some who enjoy Keith's negative posts. I know there are some who would prefer I ignore him and let him go on. I believe bully's often get away with attacking the unpopular.

While the suggestion to ignore him is peaceful, silence is consent and I refuse to consent to his posts.

Keith has repeatedly stated he will not ignore, those of us who ignore him, give him ground his negative posts do not deserve. He has no great right to post and force us to ignore him so he can rant and attack unopposed.

I have posted in a separate thread and given fair notice as responding to him within the threads where he diverts and attacks has become more tiresome.

I intend to call him out on his diversions and name calling when I see the need.

I have never asked the webmaster to discipline or silence anyone to include Keith as I do believe in the complete bill of rights; this includes both free speech and the right to bear arms. I also believe that persons on this board should act with some level of manners.

Should the Webmaster ask me to stop I will.
I couldn't care less if he attacks unopposed. Putting it out in front of everyone else . . . all it does, most of the time, is distract from the subject at hand.

He has to be a very bitter man. I'd sure hate to live my life that way.
Posted By: Eis Re: Keith's Latest Diatribe from Another Thread - 04/28/17 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I couldn't care less if he attacks unopposed. Putting it out in front of everyone else . . . all it does, most of the time, is distract from the subject at hand.

He has to be a very bitter man. I'd sure hate to live my life that way.

Thank you Larry.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch the chickens need feeding & there are eggs to be collected with the grandchildren. The new horse needs time spent with him & the wife has a batch of scones in the oven. The smell of coffee brewing is in the air & that is the sons truck coming up the drive.
The grandkids will be going home with their father today & these last few hours with them before they go home are very precious times.
Would you like to set awhile, have a coffee & scone with us ?
May be feed the chickens before committing cyber suicide.
You are too good a man to do that.
O.M
Moses, now THAT sounds like a good time. Best reply to this post. Wish I was there with you. I love scones.
Kirk
I remain convinced that Keith and those who poke him with pointed sticks (All of you) are in Bloomberg's employ to generate craptastic posts to make us all look bad. What better anti-gun propaganda than these threads?
YUP
Posted By: dal Re: Keith's Latest Diatribe from Another Thread - 04/29/17 12:58 AM
Surely you jest Dave....lol!
Originally Posted By: dal
Surely you jest Dave....lol!

Actually, you don't have to read between the lines for anti gun propaganda around these parts. It's freely shared, needless to say, in nothing but the nicest and most helpful way.
Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
I remain convinced that Keith and those who poke him with pointed sticks (All of you) are in Bloomberg's employ to generate craptastic posts to make us all look bad. What better anti-gun propaganda than these threads?

That's kind of in the spirit of my posts that Keith referenced.

It creates an ugly environment, and arguments over the internet yield no winners.
The ugly environment here is created by the trolls who "contributed" to this thread. Just like their counterparts who riot against Trump and a conservative(Ann Coulter) speaking at a university they believe that acting as ugly as possible will shoot down the responsible gun owners who post here. I haven't spent much time on this since I was just released from the oncology unit at the hospital but Keith is one of the few here who tells it like it is.
He has repeatedly uncovered the lies B.S. and gross exaggerations YOU fake gun owners post here. Keith KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Jim
Jim, you take care. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

So asking for civility is anti-gun?
Originally Posted By: James M
The ugly environment here is created by the trolls who "contributed" to this thread. Just like their counterparts who riot against Trump and a conservative(Ann Coulter) speaking at a university they believe that acting as ugly as possible will shoot down the responsible gun owners who post here. I haven't spent much time on this since I was just released from the oncology unit at the hospital but Keith is one of the few here who tells it like it is.
He has repeatedly uncovered the lies B.S. and gross exaggerations YOU fake gun owners post here. Keith KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Jim

So it is not possible to point out errors or bs without the BS?
You can point out all the errors that you think you find. I'll stick to pointing out the B.S.
We disagree, but I still wish you well

Are you saying requests for civility are bad for gun owners?
Jim

Thank you Jim. I will.

Sorry to hear about your illness, and I hope and pray all is well.

Last Dollar, Dave-in Maine, Gladys Kravitz... I mean old colonel, dla (sic), Eis, Larry Brown, Ed Good... what we have here is nothing more than a laundry list of some of those who have made a point of suppressing and disrupting any 2nd Amendment discussions... and/or supporting anti-2nd Amendment politicians and laws, or rushing in to defend those who are blatant in their anti-gun rhetoric.

Nobody would know that better than you Jim. You have had dozens, if not hundreds of threads disrupted and dumped on by the likes of these turds, and never once has the hypocritical whiny pinhead Gladys Kravitz... I mean old colonel... lectured them about thread diversions or called for civility. Neither has Leverhead or Larry Brown, who claims to be IGNORING me, but can't. And you sure won't see Larry crying like a little b*tch to Dave to have THIS thread locked! I'm sure you recall this little example of civility and gentlemanly behavior that was totally ignored by all of the F.A.G.s (fake ass gentlemen) here... including Gladys, I mean old colonel.

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
He's throwing ilks about again..These guys are never done, they are always off on some tirade and continue to preach to the choir. Who does this wop think he is convincing? FYI: I wont watch the Superbowl today. Who the F**K is Soro? Another Kenyan?? Our gun rights will be overthrown during the Superbowl? OMIGOD, what next...??? I know! Space invaders, The same ones that killed Kennedy!

Libtards like Last Dollar have long complained about any 2nd Amendment discussion, proclaiming loudly that they lead to incivility, but it was typically them who initiated the incivility, as he did in his tirade above where he resorted to ethnic slurs. This is exactly the same deceptive behavior the Left is using across the country to suppress free speech by Conservatives. You and I also know this is the proverbial tip of the iceberg. King Brown must be at death's door to be missing out on participating in this charade. I freely admit to being rude to those who work to undermine our gun rights via their words and actions. I have long ago abandoned the absurd idea put forth by Liberal left idiots like King Brown, Last Dollar, Gnomoron, Dave-in-Maine, etc. that we are all gun owners and should embrace each other in one Big Tent.

Originally Posted By: craigd

Actually, you don't have to read between the lines for anti gun propaganda around these parts. It's freely shared, needless to say, in nothing but the nicest and most helpful way.

Thanks for that most accurate observation Craig... frequent and often served under a thin topping of faux civility. I continue to believe that getting into One Big Tent and embracing those who are surreptitiously stabbing us in the back by their overt and covert support for anti-gunners is just plain stupid. I remember the story of the Trojan Horse, and know we have several right here who bitterly whine and complain that any gun rights thread is off topic. But if you bring it up in another thread... well that's off-topic too! I will continue to call them out, and this disgusting little worm Gladys Kravitz, I mean old colonel, can continue on his hypocritical path of devious self-righteousness.

I predict that Gladys, I mean old colonel, will deny any alliance with those who wish to suppress any 2nd Amendment discussion or outing of anti 2nd amendment trolls. But remember, this latest row started with the likes of him and Last Dollar rushing in to complain about me once again reproducing Ed Good's anti-gun rhetoric. And here's his response in his post #399899 on 4/4/15 after a few guys were not exactly crushed with grief upon the death of extreme anti-gunner Sarah Brady:

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Gentleman, please? While i cannot find anything good in her politics, nonetheless some respect is only good manners.

Our contentious relationship began with Gladys, I mean old colonel, sending me PM's to complain about a cartoon I posted that was unflattering to anti-gun Liberals. Predictable as the sun setting in the west.

This will be my last post within this thread. Been there... done this... some things never change.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Keith's Latest Diatribe from Another Thread - 04/29/17 11:14 AM
Toadyism.....
keet: please just be honest with yourself and us and recognize that this forum is not an appropriate place for you or others to express views, except as they pertain to the topic of a thread...
and too bad we dont have misfires anymore...the lack of a place for some here to relieve themselves is soiling this otherwise fine doublegun forum...
I'm the second highest volume poster on this website, do not use the ignore function, am quick to recognize anti gun posters, yet I have no idea who these people are that are being discussed. Maybe an "ignore" function was implanted in my brain at the beginning of puberty.
Originally Posted By: ed good
....please just be honest with yourself and us and recognize that this forum is not an appropriate place for you or others to express views, except as they pertain to the topic of a thread...

Except of course for the versatile erm, likely to pop out of a hole in near any old place.
keet: please just be honest with yourself and us and recognize that this forum is not an appropriate place for you or others to express views, except as they pertain to the topic of a thread...

Not sure exactly what you mean. This forum is an appropriate place to civilly express views.

Staying on topic is good courtesy and doing so allows others to not have respond to diversions.
old: this is a forum dedicated to discussion of doublegun topics...and nothing else.

it is not supposed to be a place to express views about other topics.

staying on topic and being civil is the responsibility of all posting here...problems develop when we stray off the topic of a thread.

restoration of the misfires forum would provide an outlet for the discussion of topics and the expression of views not appropriate for this forum.
all those in favor of restoring misfires, notify dave...maybe he will bring it back...
all those in favor of restoring misfires, notify dave...maybe he will bring it back...

Ah, erm, what makes you think spamming our host about going off topic is a good idea? Would you please start your own appropriate thread, unless you're providing examples pertaining to the main topic.
well craig, i think of it more as petitioning...
old: this is a forum dedicated to discussion of doublegun topics...and nothing else.

it is not supposed to be a place to express views about other topics.

staying on topic and being civil is the responsibility of all posting here...problems develop when we stray off the topic of a thread.

restoration of the misfires forum would provide an outlet for the discussion of topics and the expression of views not appropriate for this forum.

So how was encouraging us to support Bloomberg, the virulent anti-gun billionaire, in a run for the Presidency, a double gun topic?

How is Jaegermeister's incessant exhortations to for all of us to buy a new M37 pump for all our shotgunning needs, a double gun topic.

I'm all for civility and Keith knows clearly where I stand on that, but I'm even more against hypocrisy.
back: both are topics for misfires...
Canvasback, I am bothered too by posts about M37's and non double topics and accept civil counter posts as a valid course

Not sure why the election which we won is still much to kick someone about, how long can you stay angry at silliness and still post about it. I cannot say I have seen a pro liberal post here lately, much less a pro gun control one (that is unless a virulent pro 2nd Amendment man posted it)

The election is done and I don't see the evil infiltration of our board having any chance of finding converts here. Surely you are not in fear that Ed or King, or the others on the hit lists, for example, could change your mind on politics if left alone to post about doubles?

The tripe justifying thread diversions and name calling is just that tripe

If a thread is political, have at it, but does everything have to be about the 2nd Amendment where pariahs must be identified and trolled after?
old colonel etal:
I haven't been posting here much after having multiple directly gun related threads hi-jacked by the lefty trolls on here. Life is too short as I rudely found out 3 days ago to sit here and argue with them. IMO they provide nothing of any real value here and they should have been banned long ago. I am a strong proponent of the 1st Amendment when a general audience is the target but the audience here is specialized and I suspect that if a poll was taken they'd be thrown off in a heartbeat**. They are again IMO the equivalent of someone going onto a Planned Parenthood forum and advocating the abolishment of abortion. I can just imagine the reaction that would get there.
Jim

** Most of the membership here remains silent so this is an assertion on my part that is unproven.
OC, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of Ed admonishing Keith et al to stay on the topic of the board while he goes off topic whenever he feels like it. And pointing out that he doesn't complain about JM when he regularly goes off topic talking and promoting every kind of gun but classic doubles.

I've had my discussions with Keith about the likelihood of any anti gun liberal swaying my mind, or frankly the minds of just about any member here. Suffice to say I think it is somewhere between slim and none.

I've also been clear with Keith that I like having those guys here....keeps us sharp. Know thy enemy and all that jazz. And I think Keith's tiff with you borders on the pointless.

But I don't mind Keith regularly pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting gun control politicians while advocating using guns on this site. A vote for Obama, for Clinton, for Trudeau in Canada was a vote against private gun ownership. Plain and simple.

I live in a country that has ALL of the forces of government lined up against gun owners with no allies and no second amendment. I have no time for the Fudds who think because they shoot old guns and just for hunting, they don't need to defend the rights of black gun owners.

The antis don't stop. They will never stop until guns are out of private hands....all guns. So gun owners need to be constantly defending their current position and working to roll back the stupid laws already enacted. Pretending, for example the way the 16 Gauge Society does, that you can own guns and not be politicized is just naive. I'm very glad our benefactor Dave is content to let us exercise the right of free speech. I'll take the bad with the good.

And....as has been said many times....don't like it, read on.

Edit to add: BTW, Unlike many here, I am perfectly content to read with interest while threads get hijacked. I think of them as conversations and my conversations, at least the enjoyable ones, veer all over the place. I'd hate to put a straitjacket on them.
BTW Jim, you have my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

I think you misunderstood the point of my post. To be clear, "asking for civility" is most certainly NOT anti-gun. Asking for civility is what I was doing. Asking for civility in our forum is taking tools out of the hands of anti-gun propagandists.

By way of example, you'll remember that last year Maura Healy, the anti-gun AG of Massachusetts, declared by fiat that certain models of gun, which had been designed, approved and sold as compliant with Massachusetts law (and were compliant with Massachusetts law), were no longer compliant with Massachusetts law because she said so. As expected, the blogs and chat rooms erupted (among other things). What happened?
The nastiest and most incivil of the commentary was the stuff that got world-wide press. From an article in Britain's Guardian newspaper https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016...an-contribution :

Quote:
Healey, who has suffered horrific sexist and homophobic abuse online since she introduced the new ban, said action must be taken to try to save lives. She said 10,000 assault rifles nearly identical to the one used in the attack in Orlando were sold in Massachusetts last year, and sales of the weapons jumped 450% in the wake of the Pulse nightclub massacre.

A person has tweeted that he would like to hire a homeless man to rape and disembowel the attorney general alive. Another is a said to have posted her home address on a gun blog, underneath a commenter has posted: “Road Trip???. Who wants to be a hero?”

The Boston Globe was equally happy to run with even more of the incendiary stuff from the gun chat rooms and paint themselves the victims. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/0...w7bN/story.html

In other words, when people in spaces like this site fling shit, the antis are only too happy to take it, paint themselves as victims, and raise funds off it. I would not be surprised if the folks who posted some of the really foul stuff about Healy were provocateurs of the kind who wait for the chance to say the kind of stuff which was said and make all of us look bad.

No one goes lurking in 16ga.com to find inflammatory stuff to rally the anti-gunners with. They have a civility code of sorts at 16ga and it works. The people on this site - many of whom are also over at 16ga.com - would do well to emulate their example. Voluntarily. In a fit of common sense. Because they're smart enough to.
Hmmmmm. Perhaps if those with leftist, socialist, anti-Second Amendment and anti-Constitutional views would offer the board a sincere apology and a full repudiation of their previously held beliefs. That way they could identify themselves as having changed their contemptible, anti-American positions. Then, flaming them would be unnecessary. As it is now, they are merely the "usual suspects" for a pig pile on Keith.

Which of you leftist trolls (or, possibly "former trolls") want to start things off? Change your views and get a little relief from Keith's red hot poker up the back door.

Call me a cynic, but somehow I doubt it will happen.

Regards
Ken
....when people in spaces like this site fling shit, the antis are only too happy to take it, paint themselves as victims, and raise funds off it. I would not be surprised if the folks who posted some of the really foul stuff about Healy were provocateurs of the kind who wait for the chance to say the kind of stuff which was said and make all of us look bad....

....They have a civility code of sorts at 16ga and it works. The people on this site - many of whom are also over at 16ga.com - would do well to emulate their example. Voluntarily. In a fit of common sense. Because they're smart enough to.

Well fling shit on their civility code. Just kidding Dave.

What I'm wondering is if your position and example came from the perspective of a supporter of the Second, or your commitment to the concept of social justice. Does the one world order according to hard lefty euromedia matter a whole bunch? If it does, maybe we should criticize the content of the character of the 'reporting', and include a disclaimer that it's quoted for an agenda?

I think you misunderstood the point of my post. To be clear, "asking for civility" is most certainly NOT anti-gun. Asking for civility is what I was doing. Asking for civility in our forum is taking tools out of the hands of anti-gun propagandists.

By way of example, you'll remember that last year Maura Healy, the anti-gun AG of Massachusetts, declared by fiat that certain models of gun, which had been designed, approved and sold as compliant with Massachusetts law (and were compliant with Massachusetts law), were no longer compliant with Massachusetts law because she said so. As expected, the blogs and chat rooms erupted (among other things). What happened?
The nastiest and most incivil of the commentary was the stuff that got world-wide press. From an article in Britain's Guardian newspaper https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016...an-contribution :

Quote:
Healey, who has suffered horrific sexist and homophobic abuse online since she introduced the new ban, said action must be taken to try to save lives. She said 10,000 assault rifles nearly identical to the one used in the attack in Orlando were sold in Massachusetts last year, and sales of the weapons jumped 450% in the wake of the Pulse nightclub massacre.

A person has tweeted that he would like to hire a homeless man to rape and disembowel the attorney general alive. Another is a said to have posted her home address on a gun blog, underneath a commenter has posted: “Road Trip???. Who wants to be a hero?”

The Boston Globe was equally happy to run with even more of the incendiary stuff from the gun chat rooms and paint themselves the victims. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/0...w7bN/story.html

In other words, when people in spaces like this site fling shit, the antis are only too happy to take it, paint themselves as victims, and raise funds off it. I would not be surprised if the folks who posted some of the really foul stuff about Healy were provocateurs of the kind who wait for the chance to say the kind of stuff which was said and make all of us look bad.

No one goes lurking in 16ga.com to find inflammatory stuff to rally the anti-gunners with. They have a civility code of sorts at 16ga and it works. The people on this site - many of whom are also over at 16ga.com - would do well to emulate their example. Voluntarily. In a fit of common sense. Because they're smart enough to.

Dave, I think you have a very good point. Comments can be grabbed from the net, from any of these boards and used however the grabbee wants to use them. I note that none of the comments I can recall reading here stoop to the level of the examples you found.
Originally Posted By: canvasback
BTW Jim, you have my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!

Thanks CB: I got out of the hospital yesterday.
As an aside: The emergency room staff asked me if I had any weapons? I suspect that my response to that question was heard throughout the hospital and that's when I wasn't hitting on all 8 cylinders! smirk

And as another aside: I posted this on Facebook regarding President Trump's remarks to the NRA and I will share it here:
Now it's time to undo the damage that been done to the 2nd Amendment since 1934! My recommendation made to President Trump is to establish a blue ribbon panel comprised of ordinary citizen firearms owners and that every piece of legislation from 1934 up through the FOPA act of 1986 be reviewed and abolished to be replaced by a truly responsible single piece of legislation designed to solely keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and those mentally incompetent.
Jim
to be replaced by a truly responsible single piece of legislation designed to solely keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and those mentally incompetent.
Jim

Sorry James, I don't know how that can work. It has been tried to get to that point with all the changes since 1934. The criminals & mentally incompetent are not succumbed to the law, so it has no effect.
The only way that I can see is to set boundaries for behavior & severely punish people who do wrong with a firearm & leave all the innocent out of it.
If wrong doers have no respect, then teach it.
O.M
Originally Posted By: moses
to be replaced by a truly responsible single piece of legislation designed to solely keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and those mentally incompetent.
Jim

Sorry James, I don't know how that can work. It has been tried to get to that point with all the changes since 1934. The criminals & mentally incompetent are not succumbed to the law, so it has no effect.
The only way that I can see is to set boundaries for behavior & severely punish people who do wrong with a firearm & leave all the innocent out of it.
If wrong doers have no respect, then teach it.
O.M

I agree with much of what you posted. In a free Country this is the only viable approach. Even if the socialists could get their dream legislation, complete and total confiscation, only law abiding citizens would comply. We have to come up with a way of controlling availability to the criminal and the insane.
Universal Concealed carry so these types of individuals wouldn't know where resistance was coming from would be a step in the right direction.
Jim
Universal Concealed carry so these types of individuals wouldn't know where resistance was coming from would be a step in the right direction.
Jim

Agreed.
O.M
Old Kernul act like little liberal girl with panties stuck in her arse crack.
gee jOe, your skill at descriptive prose is astounding...

the ability to convey such provocative imagery with so few words is a skill few possess...
gee jOe, your skill at descriptive prose is astounding...

the ability to convey such provocative imagery with so few words is a skill few possess...

Okay Ed, maybe I've been too harsh. Anyone who can make me laugh like that can't be all bad. laugh
latest diatribe from keet, posted this morning:

"If you had any respect for Stan, you'd go and hang yourself from the water pipes in your cellar. Stan has scraped better things than you off the soles of his boots when working around farm animals."
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com