doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Colin1949 Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 01:22 AM
has anyone bought from Jaqua's? they have some nice Model 21s, of which a couple are reasonably priced, with nice wood. One has a Simmons ventilated rib that was installed later on.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 02:10 AM
I think Jaqua's are one of the best. I have bought and sold guns there, and my wife has instructions to take my guns down there after I get hit by a bus. I think they make a practice of trying to under-represent guns, so that they don't get a lot of bounce-backs
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 02:18 AM
I've bought a few guns from Jaquas. Good experience every time. One of the few dealers out there that will tell you everything negative about the gun and then some. They pack guns they are shipping extremely well too. In fact, it usually takes me over 10 minutes to unpack a gun from them, when you're excited to get to the gun, it can get annoying. :-).
Posted By: Gil Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 02:20 AM
I've bought several doubles from them, their descriptions and valuations have been accurate. I'd not hesitate to buy again from them.
Posted By: Colin1949 Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 03:48 AM
Many thanks for the endorsements. One of the 21s I am interested in is a deluxe field model for $3495. The gun has nice wood with the kidney pattern and a Simmons after fitted ventilated rib. I remember reading that Simmons installed a lot ventilated ribs on Mode112s and 42s. I presume they also did 21s. My question: is the after fitted rib cause the price to be what it is?
Posted By: DLA Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 09:31 AM
I have purchased three doubles from Jaqua's. They will answer more questions than you ask. Great people to deal with.

Dennis
Posted By: GLS Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 10:19 AM
I bought a Remington M-17 and Ithaca M-37 from them and the condition of each was better than represented. Gil
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 02:20 PM
I've had the chance to visit the store, and was impressed. They had a trap range in the back that you could try used guns if you wanted.
Karl
Posted By: KY Jon Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 02:38 PM
Good dealer and very straight shooters in all respects.
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/12/17 03:50 PM
I one bought an SKB 100 from them for a very decent price and the gun was in nicer shape than I thought. Positive experience.
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/13/17 12:15 AM
I have not had dealings with the sons but Bill was very honest.

bill
Posted By: Tyler Re: Jaqua's Finaly, Ohio - 07/13/17 02:11 PM
First dealt with Bill almost 40 years ago. Have not dealt with the younger generation but would bet he "raised them right."
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com