doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Tom Bryant A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/18/17 11:03 PM
All, sad news to share. Longtime poster Mike Bonner from north of the border has left our ranks. His family posted on his Facebook page that he was unable to recover from a stroke suffered last October. He was always a clear head on the board and had been a member for 15 years plus. Those who attended Nebraska's Flatwater shoot will remember him fondly. A fine man.
Rest In Peace, my friend.

If you want to move this Dave, please do. Couldn't get the appropriate category to work.
Posted By: KY Jon Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 12:31 AM
I am sorry to hear that. He was a good poster and will be missed. Our ranks are getting thinner every day.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 12:45 AM
That is sad news.

May God Bless His Heart.
Posted By: canvasback Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 12:56 AM
He and I hunted some of the same areas of Manitoba. Never met him but exchanged a few PM's. Seemed like a nice guy. RIP.
Posted By: kopkai Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 12:57 AM
Thanks for this sad note. Mike was a gentleman.
ROGI
Posted By: LeFusil Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 12:59 AM
Son of a.....

This is horrible news. Gentleman Mike was a great guy!! I enjoyed his company during those flatwater shoots. He would roll down from Canada to Nebraska in a 80's RX-7 packed full of guns.:-) What a guy. Sad day indeed.

Dustin
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 01:49 AM
Hope he is building his favorite side by side in the sky, walking with pup and making a South GA snow storm on his favorite bird with them. May the field never end!
Posted By: Nitro Xpress Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 05:40 AM
My thoughts are with his family and friends. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: wingshooter16 Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 12:17 PM
I also enjoyed his company at Flatwater, and the arrival in his Mazda from the Frozen North was always greatly anticipated. I did get to chase roosters with him in Montana, both of us guests of Bob Crandall.

Mike
Posted By: bbman3 Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 01:12 PM
We will miss him. Bobby
Posted By: gold40 Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 01:16 PM

I enjoyed shooting, and corresponding with Mike. R.I.P.

JERRY GOLDSTEIN
St. Louis, MO.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 02:22 PM
Very nice guy. What a shame. Mike brought a Darne to Flatwater that had trigger pulls somewhere off the chart! Kidded him about that.
Posted By: M&M Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 03:03 PM
I'm another who met Mike at Flatwater. He was one of the gentleman/characters making Flatwater the event it was. Rest in peace, Mikey.

Milton
Posted By: keith Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 03:44 PM
Mike was one of our Canadian friends who supported and defended gun rights, both here and his own country. He was a voice of reason who will be missed. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: King Brown Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 04:30 PM
I often read a post before looking at the sender, and many times have said to myself who sent this? because his posts were such a reasoned and measured mix of information, opinion and bonhomie they marked him as a gentleman. I'm grateful for his contributions and regret now I write of Mike Bonner in past tense.
Posted By: gil russell Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 07:02 PM
I agree; his posts were measured, thoughtful and informative. We exchanged a few personal messages over the years but never had an opportunity to meet in person. May he rest in peace. Gil
Posted By: Toby Barclay Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/19/17 07:43 PM
A great shame. I conversed with him over the ether several times and was always touched by his friendliness.
Posted By: pooch Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/22/17 09:21 PM
Another heart breaker.
Posted By: Terry Lubzinski Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/23/17 02:52 AM
I first made contact with Mike when he lived in Manitoba out in the farmland.He had a daughter that lived nearby here in B.C. and regularly visited.On a couple occasions I had the pleasure of taking him out duck hunting locally which I know he enjoyed.He later sold his farm and he and his wife moved to B.C.up the coast.I didn't hear from him for quite a while and then learned that he had suffered a major stroke.Very sorry to hear that he has passed.He was an avid double gun shooter and a very fine gentleman and will be missed.

Posted By: postoak Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/23/17 11:40 PM
I always looked forward to shooting with Mr. Bonner at Flatwater and corresponding with him on various firearms. He had a wide range of interests in firearms and in life. He hauled a M1 Carbine barrel to the States for me as he knew I needed a replacement for one of my old relics.

One of my fond memories is having a goodly amount of Scotch Whisky with Mike and my other good friend Rick Rhodes who also passed on this year, at Flatwater.

See you on the other side of the hill my friend Mike.
Posted By: tw Re: A note of passing - Mike Bonner - 07/24/17 03:30 PM
Most sorry to learn of his passing. Enjoyed his posts & contributions. I didn't know him on a personal basis, like some of you, but know we are diminished by his absence. God speed to him and pray that his family adjusts thru quick acceptance and w/minimal grief.

That's a fine picture to be acknowledged by as well as remembered by. Thanks for posting it.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com