doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Tim Frazier Beretta BL2 - 08/07/17 07:56 PM
Just picked up a Beretta BL2 12ga with 30" barrels, 3" chamber, rib, regular single trigger (no speed trigger), and the latter safety/selector like on the 680 guns. Looks like it might be a fun gun and maybe a good duck gun with bismuth.

Has anyone owned one of these? Price was silly good and I was shocked no one else bid at all.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/07/17 08:41 PM
Plain Jane, but still a Beretta. And they work. Sounds like a duck gun, but you may lose part of the savings on the purchase price by having to use bismuth.

And serious duck guns should be plain extractor guns, IMO. Enough plastic in the waterways already!

I think you'll get good service out of her. I had a (similarly plain) 685 for years and wish I still had it for a rainy day gun.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/07/17 10:06 PM
The one on gunbroker? The price was right 400/500. Same as the S55 and Silver Snipe, just marketed for Garcia. I picked one up last year 26" M/IC with the speed trigger for roughly the same price. I really like mine and shoot it well. Put a lot of Kent bismuth through it last year.
Posted By: Tim Frazier Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/07/17 11:58 PM
I have a big stash of Bismuth from picking up a box here and there at gun shows. I also have a dozen boxes of Kent TM but they are pretty stout 3" shells. Might harvest the shot and reload them. I agree about liking the extractors 100% Not that you can't catch your shells but I like not having too!

Yep $449 and shipping. Can't wait to have in my hands!
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/08/17 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Mike A.
And serious duck guns should be plain extractor guns, IMO. Enough plastic in the waterways already!

Ejector guns do not have to eject the empties into the water, marsh, mud, etc. Anybody who cares can catch the empties as they eject and do anything with them they want. And they can reload faster than with an extractor gun, too, IMO. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. And, I have shot the whole season with an extractor gun before, so I know the difference.

SRH
Posted By: DoubleTake Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/08/17 02:36 AM
Tim, sounds like a nice gun. Despite my participation at the 16 ga.site, I'm a big fan of thee ol' 12 gauge.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/08/17 10:43 PM
Smart buy, you'll like it. Definitely an under the radar gun!
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/10/17 03:38 AM
Another one, but BL-3:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=458847

JR
Posted By: Dr. P Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/10/17 09:32 AM
Tim,
I sent you a PM.
Dr. P
Posted By: dal Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/12/17 12:07 AM
I have a BL-4 in twentygauge and love it. Five and a half pounds, 26" with factory IC/MOD. A very nice upland gun. You should love yours.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/12/17 01:04 PM
Sweet guns at a great price. Good find.
Posted By: Tim Frazier Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/25/17 01:15 AM

Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/25/17 03:40 AM
You paid how much for that??????
Posted By: Tim Frazier Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/25/17 12:32 PM
With shipping and FFL fees, $509

It has more use than the pictures indicate but also plenty of life left in it. I think these guns just never gained much popularity when they first came out and the without ejectors or side ribs they continued to be ignored. It is 7lbs 4oz with the heavy Pachmyer pad and solid spacers. I weighed it with a lighter spacer and Microcell Pad and it will be around 6lbs 15oz when I'm done with it and balance will be about 1/4" in front of the trunions. Bottom barrel is .017 which I'm fine with but top is .037. I will leave as is for awhile as I have some 2 3/4" bismuth I can use in it.

Still can't believe no one else bid on it.
Posted By: RARiddell Re: Beretta BL2 - 08/25/17 09:23 PM
Absolutely fantastic! For some reason they go cheap and don't get a lot of play. I got mine for the about the same price. They dont seem to go any higher. I love mine!

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com