doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Salopian The Browning Superposed by Ned Schwing - 10/05/17 08:55 AM
I have just seen an advert for a second hand book with the above title .
For sale £250 !!!!
Why ?
Posted By: GLS Re: The Browning Superposed by Ned Schwing - 10/05/17 12:29 PM
Short answer: Because they can.
Amazon's prices are in the same range. Read somewhere that Amazon (and perhaps others) utilize an algorithm that surveys prices and if it runs across a high price, it bumps up their listed book to the same range, but one slightly higher and the other slightly lower. It is an artificial, inflated price unrelated to actual sales. It is a dog chasing its tail.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/04/25/amazon.price.algorithm/index.html Gil
Posted By: tudurgs Re: The Browning Superposed by Ned Schwing - 10/05/17 12:52 PM
GLS - I sold my copy several years ago for about that amount
Posted By: tudurgs Re: The Browning Superposed by Ned Schwing - 10/05/17 12:52 PM
GLS - I sold my copy several years ago for about that amount
A lot of people love that gun. Isn't that the reason for the 'Salt' wood?

Demand was so high that Browning ran out of properly dried wood and turned to some nitwit who thought he could do it better by packing the wood in salt.
Posted By: PALUNC Re: The Browning Superposed by Ned Schwing - 10/05/17 02:11 PM
A few years ago a local gunshop had one on a rack and they it had been there for years. The cost was like $79. As soon as I saw the prices going up I went over to purchase it but it was gone.
I have several books like that that have gained in price.
I feel very lucky
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: The Browning Superposed by Ned Schwing - 10/05/17 08:40 PM
My library is rivaling my gun collection, beating it really, for increase in value..
All of Schwing's books; check M-21 and the .22 Winchester pump book prices!
Yes the books are going up in value. I have the Schwing Superposed book as well as McIntosh's books that are signed and many others. My wife has been told how to handle the collection when the time comes.........
Karl
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com